Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

bradley1886 said:
bollocks was that two footed from kolo, that was commited. he went in with one foot and won the ball fairly.

Sorry not having that at all, it was a dreadful, dreadful tackle. One of his feet touched the ball but both feet where off the ground in a two-footed lunge/ tackle. Just went to show that he faked injury too, i thought he had broken his leg, five minutes later he was up and playing.

antred said:
Sorry not having that at all, it was a dreadful, dreadful tackle. One of his feet touched the ball but both feet where off the ground in a two-footed lunge/ tackle. Just went to show that he faked injury too, i thought he had broken his leg, five minutes later he was up and playing.

If you only lead and make contact with one foot it can't be a two footed tackle.

Secondly have you never had an impact injury? I got booted in the lower back playing footy on Saturday and it felt like I wouldn't be able to walk for the rest of the day. 5 minutes later I was OK.

By the way, congrats on getting on the football 365 mailbox, as I read your post I thought to myself I swear I've already read this!

Ha Thanks.

mate its a bad tackle in anyones book - if that had been Warnock the crowd would have been baying for blood.

Anyway what i wouldnt do to have Henry in our side, the man is sublime.

Alucard said:
Give it a rest. Fowler has had enough time and so has all the liverpool strikers. But they are all lacking. Only Benetiz is to blame for failing to land a proper clinical finisher. Hw paid way over the odds for Crouch. Im not saying crouch is a bad player but 7million could of went onto someone much better and more clinical plus crouch isnt even worth 7mil.

fowler had enough time? wasnt he out for a while at city when we signed him?

i dont think so, i cant wait till he is fully fit and starts scoring.

antred said:
No problem with the result Arsenal did deserve to win.

But am i the only one who is getting sick to the back teeth with the game here in England?

today there was loads of examples of unsportsmanlike behaviour, mostly from Arsenal that really P***** me off big style. Firstly, how did Toure get away with that dreadful two footed lunge at Warnock? it was awful! You'd see a straight red for that even in sunday league! And Fabregas, good player and only young i know but he needs to change his attitude. Demanding cards everytime hes in a tackle and goes down, he waved Alonso away and made a meal of things quite a few times, for goodness sake Xavi Alonso is your fellow national teammate! Unbelievable. Also, surrounding the ref and asking for cards, this needs to be stamped out and Arsenal where guilty of this a lot today, i mean Xavi Alonso, hardly a killer midfielder is he?

And Finally.

Eboue. I dont like this guy already. I saw him at Anfield a month a go and he whinged and whinged and confronted players all the time and waved his arms to the ref for cards. he did the same today and one incident he went down like he was pole axed, with minimal contact and when Xavi Alonso lightly patted his head for him to get up he writhed around the floor in agony holding his head. he then went to Bennett to protest.

Im sick of it, the game in England is getting worse. Sure theres some fine players but its getting worse and worse all the time. Im not saying Liverpool are immune, sissoko has been guilty a few times this season and Garcia and i hate it, but i've had enough.

cant wait for the season to end TBH.

If I was you, I'd send this to Football365. They may print it... what? You already did? Wow, Antred is famous:applause:

If somebody's saying the last few minutes before Alonso's sending off was NOT Liverpool attacking Arsenal's asses, please forgive me, but you are WRONG. They just scored a goal to tie things up, and in my views they're gunning for all 3 points and Arsenal started to have doubts .. until that Ref decides Alonso's 'tackle' was dangerous.

Can't blame him though, he didn't see the action, but he has to give Alonso something because of the situation evolving at the time. It was a yellow, bad luck Alonso's got a booking earlier, so no argument there.

ninjabreakz said:
Fulham are terrible away? :)

When nearly all of the liverpool strike force score, you know the opposition had a bad day!

rockykabir said:
WTF was up with Mori after he scored? He didn't even raise a smile(!)...I get the feeling he has been told that he wouldn't be playing next year :eh:

I think he's just tired .. or he thinks he's better off with much more than a simple smash-in \\:o/. I don't care, he scored. So was that Crouch's goal? OK only Cisse that's left, but he almost had the assist.

After looking up the table, I see we're trailing Mancs by 2 points with them having 2 games in hand. Wow that's alot .. 8 points if Mancs takes full points.

Went to the game last night.

We were'nt that good to be honest.

Seen us play 100 times better this season and come away with a draw or a defeat...but you can't argue with a rout like that.

Anyone know what was up with John Collins (coufh, cough), I mean Collins John at the end? Why'd he get his thong in a twist?

Like a bus you wait so long for one, then five come along all at once.

Yes I believe Morientes will be shipped out in the summer.

i noticed all our goals were scored within the 12 yard box, scrappy goals!

itll do for me!

morientes should be sold. lets be honest, he has done nothing for liverpool. why Rafa keeps playing him i will never know. him and crouch does not work.

i don't like crouch either. dunno why we payed £7.5m for him. its crazy!

anyway i hoping cisse gets an actual chance in the middle vs newcastle. boumsong really struggles against pace. rafa doesnt like cisse so i doubt he will play.

kobashi said:
morientes should be sold. lets be honest, he has done nothing for liverpool. why Rafa keeps playing him i will never know. him and crouch does not work.

i don't like crouch either. dunno why we payed £7.5m for him. its crazy!

anyway i hoping cisse gets an actual chance in the middle vs newcastle. boumsong really struggles against pace. rafa doesnt like cisse so i doubt he will play.

Wow!! A liverpool fan that actually sees through the clouds. I think the only reason morientes plays is cuz him and Benetiz are spanish chums. As for crouch he isnt bad player but he is more of 2million fringe player. 7million could of went on proper quality upfront. Cisse is best all round out of all of them. Fowler is probably best finisher but his best days are behind him. Cisse and fowler upfront would be ideal choice. Cisse would be able to do all the dirty hard work fowler cant be bothered to do while fowler just adds the finishing in front of goal.

Alucard said:
Wow!! A liverpool fan that actually sees through the clouds. I think the only reason morientes plays is cuz him and Benetiz are spanish chums. As for crouch he isnt bad player but he is more of 2million fringe player. 7million could of went on proper quality upfront. Cisse is best all round out of all of them. Fowler is probably best finisher but his best days are behind him. Cisse and fowler upfront would be ideal choice. Cisse would be able to do all the dirty hard work fowler cant be bothered to do while fowler just adds the finishing in front of goal.

ya i would love to see cisse with fowler. fowler is also very good at putting other people in. i think cisse would thrive working with robbie.

all season we have struggled for pace upfront. yeah cisse can be frustrating but he scores goals.

anyone who saw him play at axuerre will tell you that. rafa has never given him a run in the team ufpront. you know he has never played 3 games in a row upfront for liverpool. its madness!

take a look at this

http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search/v...e=n-3459094990_q-A0DhhubDH3ZRpJbtLeE9tgABAA@@

Morientes is just one of those players who had everything. He was a good player...the signs were that he was unfit having not played for so long. I'm telling you - a Morientes in top form would do wonders for us. I would actually rate him more than the other strikers (Crouch and Cisse).

The only way to build a player's confidence is to let them play - which Rafa has been doing. Its just foolish to think he's playing just cos he is Spanish - we should all know by now that Rafa isn't shallow enough to jeopardise his whole team for his own nationalistic desires.

The thing with Cisse is that he has plenty of pace...but thats about it. He just isn't able to pass players. Maybe its the confidence thing? I dunno..but Rafa feels that he doesn't fit into the style of play of the team. I'm not going to disagree with a manager who has done wonders for our team (not only the European cup but look at how good we are defensively now).

Crouch maybe this unfashionable player but that is the way Rafa plays. With Valencia he had Carew upfront. I'll give Crouch a bit more time.

Fowler - a player that oozes class in finishing. However, he is not even a drop of the player he once was. There is always a wish inside that we will see that explosive player come out but I don't think it'll be anytime soon or ever. But this really depends on Fowler himself. We know he loves the club, but he's gonna have to work damn hard to convince Benitez to keep him. Never underestimate passion. I get this feeling however that now he has equalled Dalglish's record, a huge weight has been taken off his back. Will he return? Only time will tell I guess.

I will like to see Sinama Pongolle return. He just gave us this extra something (especially as a sub) that the others weren't able to.

I love Rafa but my main worry with him and his team are their buying skills. He's excellent at utilising players he has got but I found that his purchases have been a lil' here and there. A skill that someone like Wenger excels in. Although, having said that, the purchase of Simao would have really helped things as he looks class.

Back
Top Bottom