Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

ALAIN said:
well done Benfica!!:applause: you deserved it,hope you get Arsenal in the next round and you knock them too:mrgreen: anyway good luck
A lot of bile coming out here tonight so let me add to it:mrgreen: - as long as it's not Chelsea:lol: .......well played Benfica:applause: , us and Man U - you never know - you might just go all the way. As for us....all I'll say is Traore...:(

crayon said:
all I'll say is Traore...:(

think it's a bit easy to make traore the scapegoat tonight, i'll agree he wasn't great and is a liability at the best of times but the first goal was more down to carra, the 2nd didn't really matter as we were pushing forward a lot at the time and were already out

personally i reckon djimi will be gone at the end of the season anyway but because agger and kromkamp were cup tied he had to start along with warnock which left us a bit weak at the back

main problem tonight was finishing, been too many games since christams where we've dominated but have struggled to score, nothing that can't be fixed in the summer though

antred said:
Sorry. Good luck to you in the next round and all but your talking absoloute bollocks.

Leo missed the kikc with his tackle and body checked crouch who was going past him, it was stonewall. How the hell the ref thought it was simulation was an absoloute joke. Then your boy Geovanni dives over finnan looking for a freekikc and he doesnt get booked.

By all means good luck but dont talk shite.

You mean to tell me that Leo was a "stonewall"? :D He's about half the size of Crouch... :D:D

airjoca said:
You mean to tell me that Leo was a "stonewall"? :D He's about half the size of Crouch... :D:D
He means it was a clear or obvious decision.:)

Fishcake - re:Traore - listened to the game on the tranny so couldn't really tell, it was City FM - so unbiased;) - tbh, we were lucky even against Spurs to score a goal.....hope the drought doesn't go on too long...

Last edited:

Once again I have to praise the attitude of Liverpool supporters. I've been reading a few messages from forums all over the net and I don't know if it's typical from all english lads (I don't think so) or if it's just a characteristic of Liverpool fans. I have to admit that I never supported much any premiership team (never appreciated manchester nor arsenal) but Liverpool seems a nice team to follow from now on.

I honestly wish you the best luck for the EPL.

One more nail on the coffin.
Another "Portugal beats England marketing bluffs" in european competitions, the sixth!! since 2000 (100% of all confrontations).

I love EPL but EPL teams are 80% marketing hype and 20% quality soccer (unleast you expect me to face portuguese big 3 as kind of european monsters hidden in an anonymous league that constrains their abilities).

English soccer is ridiculous in europe.

Mauras said:
English soccer is ridiculous in europe.

Maybe I'm wrong but Liverpool still is the european champion and Chelsea seems to be one of the strongest and hardest teams to beat, Arsenal went into the next round, I think...

Yep Portugese has the better results so far but come on if that means that the EPL is just a joke is a tad poor to be honest, Portugal are 14 in the current coefficients table, and England are thrid. Also England over the last 5 years also avarages as the third highetst Points from all compatitions In Cl and Uefa cup football. The record from both Uefa cup and CL games this season have been as follows, Portugal P 28 W 8 D 8 L 12. From the English teams P 58 W29 D 17 L 12. Now its not the best record in Europe but its not far off, and by the end of the tournament unless an English side performs a small miricle then they will finish lower. But come on credit given where credits due. We so far this season have lost the same amount of European fixtures, and we have played over twice the games agaisnt teams from the Portuguese league.

I think by far the teams to do the best this year are clearly Italian sides. check this lik out for more info.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/index.html

so what's the explanation?

Since 2000 in 5 ou of 5 ocasions Portuguese clubs, with lower budgets, playing in a smaller league, with the "minnion factor" always by their side knocked English clubs sucessively. Add 2 victories in national tournaments (euro 2000 and euro 2004) to that.

So if it's not EPL's teams quality what is it? Are the portuguese teams some hidden and unexplained giants?

I awnser that: the typical british arrogance when facing european teams. Liverpool, as 90% of the teams portuguese faced since 2000 just thought it would be easy. Admit it. Lack of professonalism and respect for the opponent ends up like this.

Another lesson for english soccer.

Mauras - Your luck will run out. That's all I have to say. You quote 5 matches, as a United fan I was very much focused on half of those. Porto's victory was luck (scholes/howard, and we outplayed you the entire second leg) Benfica's second goal against United this year to knock them out (deflected half volley off the post...erm...) Liverpool outplayed oyu again last night, but simao had a wonder strike and their finishing was abysmal. I know I know, results are everything, but dont' come on here acting like the portugese teams actually outplayed their english opponents in every game, cause they didn't.

You also lost to United in the CL qualifiers. Does that not count?

Last night just showed you don't take your chanches you get punished, we could of had the game wrapped up in the first half but it didn't happen for us. Then we got hit by two magnificent sucker punches, good luck to Benfica and all.

I'm dissapointed but our season is much more about closing on Chelsea in the league than trying to retain the CL trophy, plus we're still in the FA cup.

Dear me. I bet all the Scousers wish they didn't laugh at Benfica beating United now! :lol: It was a pleasure to see Phil Thompson's ugly face pissed-off on Sky Sports News. He had his own game (Lyon V PSV) to concerntrate on but still stuck his big nose in the L'pool game.

Congrats Benfica!

ninjabreakz said:
Dear me. I bet all the Scousers wish they didn't laugh at Benfica beating United now! :lol: It was a pleasure to see Phil Thompson's ugly face pissed-off on Sky Sports News. He had his own game (Lyon V PSV) to concerntrate on but still stuck his big nose in the L'pool game.

Congrats Benfica!

one more round than you son ;)

antred said:
one more round than you son ;)

Couldn't care less about that son, we are looking favourites for second automatic place and have a team that scores goals. It is the business end of the season now and Liverpool look a shambles up-front. On top of all that there is talk of Benitez fancying a Real Madrid move at the end of the season.

As for that goon Crouch, please don't take him to the World Cup, Sven . . . . :shock:

cucaspp said:
In UEFA coefficients i belive it´s 6º place for Portugal.

Congrats to Benfica, now hope you lose on Sonday.

Yep they are 6 over the last 5 years but this season are ranked 14.

Anyway, you are out of the Champions League now and have Arsenal on Sunday - any thoughts?

With L'pool not scoring and the Gooners hitting a bit of form, it should be 3 points for the North Londoners although a draw would suit us nicely!

ninjabreakz said:
With L'pool not scoring and the Gooners hitting a bit of form, it should be 3 points for the North Londoners although a draw would suit us nicely!
Either way, we're gonna be laughing at atleast one of those teams. \\:o/

Hmm, you may be scoring but you arnt playing well and your luck is gonna run out. You were fortunate against wiga. But thats football, im not gonna bother myself worrying about what you lot are doing.

Hmm, you may be scoring but you arnt playing well and your luck is gonna run out. You were fortunate against wigan. But thats football, im not gonna bother myself worrying about what you lot are doing.

antred said:
Hmm, you may be scoring but you arnt playing well and your luck is gonna run out. You were fortunate against wiga. But thats football, im not gonna bother myself worrying about what you lot are doing.
Dont you care that we're ahead of you in the league?
And did you know we have a game in hand?
Isn't it worrying that you've already played us twice this season, meaning your only chance of moving ahead isnt even in your hands anymore?
Isn't it bothering you that you're playing Arsenal very soon?
Haven't you realised that the only way you can do better than us this season is by winning the FA Cup?
And have you noticed that all the teams left in the competition are from the Premiership including Chelsea (who will focus on that heavily since their CL exit and having the title already wrapped up)?
Dont you care that we're ahead of you in the league?
And do I have to explain to you why I had to repeat that question again?

The thing is, a team can play the prettiest or best defensive football on the planet but if they are not scoring goals they won't win games: It is as simple as that.

Liverpool is getting the deserved kick from BLUFFitez decisions.

Throwing Baros out to launch Crouch and Fowler this season? Give me a break. BlUFFitez is a mediocre manager that has gained fame for a single sad quality: being able to turn Liverpool - Chelsea games into boring "won't let you score but won't score either" chess matches.

Liverpool is boring and BLUFFitez is a boring manager that is destroying a team that did play some nice soccer last season, even it if was for... 45m.

Well actually, Benitez was more or less forced to buy Fowler. He didnt want him himself.

Sorry for the late comment.

Mauras STFU.

You keep giving the portuguese fan a bad name.
Come back to reality.

Irony, Simão an Lpool summer/winter target and scores a lovely goal.

Hey, I was amazed at the fairplay of the lpool lads. thumbs up for that. ;)

Last edited:

RuneEdge said:
Well actually, Benitez was more or less forced to buy Fowler. He didnt want him himself.

er...no

The signing of Fowler was much of a surprise to the fans than to everyone else. Sure, we were looking for a forward at that time but I doubt Fowler was in everyone's mind.

Benitez was looking for someone who loves the club and was willing to work hard for it. It was a risky choice by himself and his team (which may still work out to be an amazing signing?). Of course, people were going crazy prior to his arrival, but everything was initiated by Rafa and his crew.

RuneEdge said:
Dont you care that we're ahead of you in the league??

No, because theres a few games left and anything is possible. You lot can score but are inconsistent. We can defend but cant score. Its gonna be a close run thing.

RuneEdge said:
And did you know we have a game in hand??

Yes but you have to win that game in hand.

RuneEdge said:
Isn't it worrying that you've already played us twice this season, meaning your only chance of moving ahead isnt even in your hands anymore??

No it isnt worrying. We will get there on merit, and not any other way. but as a great man once said 1st is 1st and second is nowhere. 2nd/3rd doesnt mean a thing to me, not for someone such as myself that witnessed the title come to Anfield many a time.

RuneEdge said:
Isn't it bothering you that you're playing Arsenal very soon??

Why would it? So what they won last week. they are inconsistent as you lot and are not the same side anymore. Listen if we had the decent strikers, say a RVN or Rooney we'd be up there challenging to the last. Lack of killer instinct has cost us this season, and lets be honest would even you have thought the likes of Cisse and Morientes would be flops in reality?

RuneEdge said:
Haven't you realised that the only way you can do better than us this season is by winning the FA Cup??

Yeah but thats a chance we have isnt it for knocking you out.

RuneEdge said:
And have you noticed that all the teams left in the competition are from the Premiership including Chelsea (who will focus on that heavily since their CL exit and having the title already wrapped up)??

Oh well if Chelsea are in it we might as well hand the trophy over now. its Cup Football ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN and usually does. Birmingham away for us is a tricky game, as they lead a charmed life against us, im not kidding myself, but we should be able to beat them.

RuneEdge said:
Dont you care that we're ahead of you in the league??

As i said above, first is first and second is nowhere, as a fan i hold the standards of our club in high regard. The worst thing to happen to the premiership was the champions league places, it lowered the standard and gave the likes of ourselves and recently Arsenal and you a consolation prize.

RuneEdge said:
And do I have to explain to you why I had to repeat that question again??

No because your happy that you are second, have a worthington cup and nothing else to aim for. Such a fall from grace from the fantastic side of the nineties.

Last edited:

Soundtracker said:
Once again I have to praise the attitude of Liverpool supporters. I've been reading a few messages from forums all over the net and I don't know if it's typical from all english lads (I don't think so) or if it's just a characteristic of Liverpool fans. I have to admit that I never supported much any premiership team (never appreciated manchester nor arsenal) but Liverpool seems a nice team to follow from now on.

I honestly wish you the best luck for the EPL.

The Liverpool fans were rather good last night yeah, but just because it didn't happen against a Portugese side dont forget about the United fans back in the 02/03 Champions League Quarter final against Real at Old Trafford...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,942342,00.html

It's not only Liverpool fans who can show their appreciation for an opponent or the better team on the night.

Back
Top Bottom