Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

yep lyon look really good.

although I rekon we could take them ;)

unlucky lads, if only you scored in the first half hour...

Sometimes its not meant to be and to be honest, when crouchs shot hit the post and then Beto put it over his own bar when most would have gone in i knew it was going to be over tonight.

Fair play to Benfica they dug in but in all fairnes we should have been four goals to the good at the end of the first half instead we were one nil down. The confidence drained out the players as the game went on.

One thing i will say is that UEFA need to sort out these F*ckin refs and linesman. Crouch booked for getting bodychecked in the box?WTF? Gerrard getting booked for taking a quick freekikc?WTF? How did the lnesman adjudge Xavis corner going out when their goalie missed it completely and fowler stuck it in? How come Crouch cant jump without being penalised by the ref?

The referee was awful i must say.

Yeah, but Crouch was diving all the time.

At the first 20' the referee was feared because of Liverpool Supporters, and he prejudiced Benfica too.

The referee was awful, making it harder for both sides...

How come you guys don't mention the 2 or 3 counter attacks that were aborted by the linesmen and their incorrect decisions?

Tridek2 said:
Crouch deserved that yellow card.

And btw: BENFICAAAAAA!!!!!

Sorry. Good luck to you in the next round and all but your talking absoloute bollocks.

Leo missed the kikc with his tackle and body checked crouch who was going past him, it was stonewall. How the hell the ref thought it was simulation was an absoloute joke. Then your boy Geovanni dives over finnan looking for a freekikc and he doesnt get booked.

By all means good luck but dont talk shite.

Soundtracker said:
I respect much Liverpool, for their history and for the good team they have but I don't think you should be so convinced that Benfica will go to Anfield just to suffer a few goals. If Geovanni or Miccoli manage to recover from their injuries and mr.Koeman stops being so dumb (to say the least) insisting in Beto (worst player I've ever seen playing in CL)...I'm sure it won't be easy for Liverpool to get into the next phase.

The usual solid defence, counter-attack, karagounis as playmaker, fast deadly striker playing upfront...that's all we need. I might be wrong but I think Liverpool usualy have some dificulties when they need to revert a result...

Said and done!
I wonder if we'll get ARSENAL next...

Now please don't come with the bullshit talk abou the ref...he was BAD for both sides but specialy during the first minutes calling 3 absurd offsides against Benfica and a few fouls. And the yellow card shown to Gerard and Nuno Gomes are just pathetic!

Last edited by a moderator:

Liverpool are a joke, they had the easiest opponents out of the british teams and still get beaten 2:0 at HOME LOL!! makes u wonder how the fuk they won it last year! o by mistake

Oh how we all are fickle.

Sometimes things go with you sometimes they dont. Benfica could have been out of the competition after the first half an hour so dont give it this magnificent benfica win shite. We took the game to you had lots of chances and never scored, you scored a sucker puch great goal before the break. We pushed forward and went to three at the back second half and ahgain you suckered us when we were chasing.

Some people do my head in. dunno what match you watched.

Doping said:
Haven't you English guys learned a lesson yet? :)

:lol:

Ok, maybe Crouch didn't deserve the yellow card, still if you look well you might wanna tell me which team was the most prejudiced.

most prejudiced?

neither. If you wanna tot up, you had a narrow few offside calls, we had a pen turned down and a booking for it instead and gerrard booked for no reason and a fowler goal chalked off because the linesman with the x-ray eyes somehow could tell the ball had gone out from that corner.

But good luck in the next round.

chelsea_fan said:
hey, we lost to barca, a very good team, we beat them last year, its only fitting they go through this time around. the aggregate was 3-2

lamerpool loooool, so much for being better than chelsea!
trophyless year, back to the realities scousers.

if you live to be 200 you'll never see [size=+5]5[/size] european cups

enjoy your shallow victories with your £250m team for the next couple of years, once maureen, roman, kenyon & all the other the other leeches discover something better they'll fuck straight off and leave you in the fuckin gutter

Doping said:
I can't believe people don't mention Barcelona...
Milan attacking looks fierce,too many attackers.In the end it goes to fate even Villarreal can win it

Last edited:

Doping said:
Haven't you English guys learned a lesson yet? :)

yeah shit happens

we'll get over it, i was never expecting us to win anything this season, the most important thing has been improving in the league which we've done, all other competitions are cups and as we proved last season anything can happen

personally i think we're a better team than this time last year, last season we got breaks when it mattered in the cl, tonight we were the better team but lost to 2 sucker punches, so as i've already said "shit happens" if it didn't then football would be incredibly boring with only a handful of teams having any chance of winning anything

Last edited:

Let me also pay my respect to Liverpool supporters who gave tonight a great example of Fairplay and Loyalty. Now I understood better the reputation of Anfield...quite simmilar to our stadium but we don't always keep supporting our team like that when we loose a game like you did today. Hope we have the chance to meet again in next champion leagues.

I also don't think it's fair to say we didn't deserve the victory...we won 3-0 and we didn't win the CL last year and we're still far from having the same financial situation as other major teams in CL.

Last edited by a moderator:

I mean it when i say good luck to you in the next round Soundtracker. I met a few of your fans earlier today in Liverpool and they were decent bunch.

fishcake said:
yeah shit happens

we'll get over it, i was never expecting us to win anything this season, the most important thing has been improving in the league which we've done, all other competitions are cups and as we proved last season anything can happen

personally i think we're a better team than this time last year, last season we got breaks when it mattered in the cl, tonight we were the better team but lost to 2 sucker punches, so as i've already said "shit happens" if it didn't then football would be incredibly boring with only a handful of teams having any chance of winning anything

Well said sir! :)

well done Benfica!!:applause: you deserved it,hope you get Arsenal in the next round and you knock them too:mrgreen: anyway good luck

Back
Top Bottom