Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Good! Unfortunately Beto's condition is the same...he still is one of the worst players we ever had.

Another good win today but we are still struggling to finish teams off. We had plenty of chances and yet couldnt get that 2nd goal

Yeah it was good to draw with Man U now...

I don't mind the probs with our finishing for now - hopefully that'll get sorted out with the right striker. The difficult is in dominating and defending.

Mind you, we still ain't got a decent RMF yet so hopefully things will look better.

As long as we get consistent results with the smaller teams, its a good sign of our progress. Watching the Mancs winning a cup today completely pee'd me off but to be absolutely honest, as long as we get 2nd place this season, I'll be happy.

Defending ain't that big a problem to us, is it? It's that RMF and a killer predator we need....otherwise, God forbid - we're turning into ......Everton!

Yeah I meant was that it is difficult to build a solid defence and midfield which can dominate and be hard to play against. Rafa + co's hard work over the past year and a half has been to sort this out.

Its a good mentality to have which all successful teams base their fundamentals upon. That is why Liverpool is perhaps the best place for Rafa - the whole team is how he moulds it and they are willing to work hard and listen. And you definitely don't have some random chairman interfering with your hard work.

Its good times ahead :)

He knows...

Despite seeing his side defeat Manchester City and bounce back from the defeat in Benfica, Rafael Benitez declared himself not totally satisfied with his side's narrow victory.

The Liverpool manager feels his side should have been more clinical and finished the game off after creating a series of chances to add to Harry Kewell's opener.

"I am not happy with the final score," commented Benitez. "It was three important points but I like to see us score more goals because at only 1-0 we put ourselves under pressure.

"I always say you need to score the second goal and finish the game but we couldn't get it and that made us nervous. We didn't play at our level when they went down to 10 men and we made some mistakes.

"We did create some chances but we didn't take them. Morientes is playing really well outside the box and gives the team a lot of possibilities, but inside the box we need to finish and maybe sometimes be more selfish.

"I left Morientes on because I wanted to see him score. It is important for his confidence and I think he and Crouch play well together."

rockykabir said:
Yeah it was good to draw with Man U now...

I don't mind the probs with our finishing for now - hopefully that'll get sorted out with the right striker. The difficult is in dominating and defending.

Mind you, we still ain't got a decent RMF yet so hopefully things will look better.

As long as we get consistent results with the smaller teams, its a good sign of our progress. Watching the Mancs winning a cup today completely pee'd me off but to be absolutely honest, as long as we get 2nd place this season, I'll be happy.

spot on, been saying for ages that we're going in the right direction,

next summer gonzalez will be here (in a deal that's been paid for in this years buget?)

i think defence has been taken care of for now but we need to see how agger develops

the midfield is probably the best in the league, hopefully momo will recover, if he does we should be ok for the next few years, if not then we've still got hamann but will need to replace him soon

like you said we just need a proper rm and i expect morientes and cisse to be gone in the summer, not sure who should replace them but i'll leave that to rafa anyway ;)

if it wasn't for chelsea and their "genius" manager with £50m of talent sat on the bench which allows him to miraculously change a 0-0 into 1-0 ;) we'd be in a title race right now, another season or 2 and we'll be up there with them

Agger looked good yesterday made one or two mistakes but really looks like a promising player and with Paletta being hailed as the next Ayala by Rafa defence is going to be rock solid next season, maybe more so than this season. Rumour has it that there's a possibility that Shevchenko might be available in the summer, if that's true Liverpool have to do everything in their power to get him plus I heard he's a Liverpool supporter so it gives us a chance

MO_DINERO said:
Rumour has it that there's a possibility that Shevchenko might be available in the summer, if that's true Liverpool have to do everything in their power to get him plus I heard he's a Liverpool supporter so it gives us a chance

Heh, no chance. Ronaldo is probably free this summer for you guys :)

Hes not really a Liverpool supporter, but when he was 14, he recieved a pair of football boots from Ian Rush for being top scorer in a tournament.

LOL^

Three points, clean sheet. But damn I'm gonna get a heart attack every time theres 3+ mins of extra time.

I agree. A World class striker, a proper right winger, and we will challenge Chelsea next year.

Peter Eyres said:
I agree. A World class striker, a proper right winger, and we will challenge Chelsea next year.

A World Class Striker as in Ronaldo? He's probably better than Fowler in the but his workrate is comparable to a donkey :lmao:

marukomu said:
you ever seen a donkey work? they're bloody hard workers

OK we don't have REAL donkeys over here so yeah my bad :P

I guess using Rafa's tactic, even when he was defending a lead (4-5-1) there should be one forward that should stay on top of the half line. Cisse used to do that during late games so he can use his pace with good use. But how about Ronaldo? I can't imagine him doing that cause he's old and slower than before.

Ronaldo would be a great signing for any English team. He's not what he was but he's still class. I'd love him at Utd. He's shift lots of shirts too

CWright said:
New Liverpool kits taken from Adidas brochure images during a trade fair in Malaysia

newliverpoolkit8ov.jpg

Latest word is that those are our shirts for next season, though we are still waiting for the official announcement

Hope the shirts don't have those fuckin' awful printed badges like this seasons away shirt etc.

Sad news

McAllister's wife loses battle
The wife of former Scotland captain Gary McAllister has lost her battle against breast cancer, a family spokesman said on Friday.

Mother-of-two Denise died in a Nottingham hospital with her husband at her bedside.

Former Leeds star McAllister gave up his job as player-manager of Coventry City in 2003 to nurse his wife during her illness.

Denise's condition had been thought to be improving, but took a turn for the worse over recent months, according to the spokesman. She was in her late 30s.

In May last year McAllister said her progress was "pretty good", although the battle was "still ongoing".

In August, he was even linked with a return to football as assistant manager at Derby County, although he did not land the job.

The former Liverpool midfielder, 41, had said of his choice to quit Coventry to care for Denise: "As far as I was concerned it wasn't a decision. It was just the natural thing to do; I didn't want to be at a football club."

Good news!!! John Barnes steps out of retirement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4770012.stm

A thoroughly decent footballer, McAllister - why do bad things always happen to the good guys?:(

Tim7 - the only person happy with a draw - reflects Charlton really - no ambition......:D - oh, and why don't you revive the Charlton thread?

Back
Top Bottom