Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Revan said:
Sorry for the late comment.

Mauras STFU.

You keep giving the portuguese fan a bad name.
Come back to reality.

shut up kid, give orders at home. I'm free to give my opinion, you give yours.

Emplastro from Oporto gives Portuguese fans a bad name.

Dar said:
The Liverpool fans were rather good last night yeah, but just because it didn't happen against a Portugese side dont forget about the United fans back in the 02/03 Champions League Quarter final against Real at Old Trafford...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,942342,00.html

It's not only Liverpool fans who can show their appreciation for an opponent or the better team on the night.
I still remember that. Ronaldo's look of confusion was kinda funny.

rockykabir said:
er...no

The signing of Fowler was much of a surprise to the fans than to everyone else. Sure, we were looking for a forward at that time but I doubt Fowler was in everyone's mind.

Benitez was looking for someone who loves the club and was willing to work hard for it. It was a risky choice by himself and his team (which may still work out to be an amazing signing?). Of course, people were going crazy prior to his arrival, but everything was initiated by Rafa and his crew.
Well you can only believe what you read.
And who told you that? Fowler? :roll:

PS. @antred:
Most of your logic in those answers were a load of horse piss.
No difference in 2nd and 3rd? :roll:
And who cares if we conceed more? Our goal difference is +26, yours is +16.
Not worried about Arsenal? They just beat Madrid, you just lost to Benfica. :roll:
We're inconsistant? If you had used your head, you'd know that we've drawn and lost less games than you have.
Then you start blaming it on the lack of good strikers? So what are we supposed to do? Give you some of ours to even the score? :roll:
And theres a long way to go? Not sure what calender you've been looking at but its friggin March now and we're already 3/4 of the way into the season.

RuneEdge said:
Dont you care that we're ahead of you in the league?
And did you know we have a game in hand?
Isn't it worrying that you've already played us twice this season, meaning your only chance of moving ahead isnt even in your hands anymore?
Isn't it bothering you that you're playing Arsenal very soon?
Haven't you realised that the only way you can do better than us this season is by winning the FA Cup?
And have you noticed that all the teams left in the competition are from the Premiership including Chelsea (who will focus on that heavily since their CL exit and having the title already wrapped up)?
Dont you care that we're ahead of you in the league?
And do I have to explain to you why I had to repeat that question again?

couldn't give a fuck personally who finishes 2nd, in a couple of seasons nobody will remember or give a fuck anyway

most important thing this season was improving on last year, with 10 games left we're only 3 points short of what we got last year, not bad considering we're only work in progress, with a few more players coming in the summer we'll be the main challengers to chelsea next season

fishcake said:
couldn't give a fuck personally who finishes 2nd, in a couple of seasons nobody will remember or give a fuck anyway

most important thing this season was improving on last year, with 10 games left we're only 3 points short of what we got last year, not bad considering we're only work in progress, with a few more players coming in the summer we'll be the main challengers to chelsea next season

Im sure liverpool will give a fuck when they are having to play qualifyin rounds for the CL next season in july. While United go through automatic and have longer summer break for players to recover. Plus the only thing liverpool will be challenging chelsea for next season, is best defensive record.

Last edited by a moderator:

What brings you to the conclusion that Fowler was forcefully signed?

TBH, we have already come to terms with the post Fowler era. Lets admit - Fowler has lost it a bit - and putting it bluntly, only Rafa saw the reason in signing him.

That's a good way to look at things Steve although I'm That's a good way to look at things Steve although I'm sure they do care. Maybe in 3 years no.. nobody will remember but whether you're automatically in CL or playing in summer and possibly getting kicked out HAS to be on any club's mind.

Yes you're doing considerably better domestically than last year and this shows you're making progress and yes I do believe you're a work in progress so again good way to look at things and it's hopeful way as well.

Regarding being title challengers next season, yeah you could be IF your buys aren't flops. With a good goal-scorer or two, Liverpool will make even further improvements domestically next season.

@Mauras, I don't know why you're acting this way again man.. .. I do agree with Revan though, not the STFU part but the part where he says you give them bad name.. you come here each time acting so weird as if you expected these teams to lose each time which is just sad because it means you never gave the Portuguese sides the respect they deserved and if you're doing this because of thos stupid English fans like some scousers for example who laughed when Benfica beat Man Utd, I don't think you're helping.. in fact you're sounding like one of them by ALWAYS acting surprised as if for example

Man Utd vs. Benfica
or
Benfica vs. Liverpool

we were somehow supposed to expect a thrashing by English sides!!??! :shock: :lol:

No we weren't, in fact I was thinking it could go 50-50 but definitely gave the edge to Benfica in both and in this case I was right (too bad other matches I bet on weren't correct and so I win nothing again :( ).

Just get a grip mate.. you seem to lose it everytime a Portuguese team wins.. acting all desparate as if it's SHOCK of century!! :roll:

Your problem probably is that you think the gap between these sides are way more than each other which is wrong.. the gap betweem all 32 CL finalists and the champions isn't as much as most think.. and definitely the gap between the final 8 is not as big as people think. So stop acting surprised and shocked and briging this stuff up everytime it happens. IT's not really a shock if you follow world of football. it only is when you're just another casual fan like an English man or Spanish or Italian with very limited knowledge. So if you want to prove them wrong and it's THEIR arrogance that pi$$es you off.. you might as well start acting the "Right way" yourself.

p.s. This isn't a go at you or to say what you SHOULD or shouldn't do.. even though I literally said it I meant as it's best if you dont .. obviously there is freedom of speech here and you can say whatever you want :)

Hope you see what I mean that it's really not nearly even 1/100th times as big of a deal these wins of Benfica as you make it sound to be!

More about what I'm saying here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=650698&postcount=4722

Last edited:

rockykabir said:
What brings you to the conclusion that Fowler was forcefully signed?

TBH, we have already come to terms with the post Fowler era. Lets admit - Fowler has lost it a bit - and putting it bluntly, only Rafa saw the reason in signing him.

No fowler hasnt lost it. He still has a good few pounds to lose before you can say that.

Imo it was stupid signing, cuz even though he is shit and always will be until his career ends. Benetiz will have to offer him permanent contract to satisfy those fickle fans who so fondly like to call him GOD when in reality he is the SLOB.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Benfica played a perfect tactical game last night - which is what you have to do in the CL. Good finishes by the strikers too.

I wish Benfica the best of luck.

Btw, how unlucky were Werder Bremen the other night??!:(

This double-posting thing has been a problem for many of us lately I think. Sometimes I post and without it showing I posted, it shows me the screen saying you have to wait 30 secs before you can post agin :roll:

And yeah Werder was very unlucky! :/

Sorry about that - it kept telling me it couldn't post! I hit the post more times than Liverpool! Oh well, as long as we play well on the rebound game this weekend.

Last edited:

RuneEdge said:
PS. @antred:
Most of your logic in those answers were a load of horse piss.
No difference in 2nd and 3rd? :roll:
And who cares if we conceed more? Our goal difference is +26, yours is +16.
Not worried about Arsenal? They just beat Madrid, you just lost to Benfica. :roll:
We're inconsistant? If you had used your head, you'd know that we've drawn and lost less games than you have.
Then you start blaming it on the lack of good strikers? So what are we supposed to do? Give you some of ours to even the score? :roll:
And theres a long way to go? Not sure what calender you've been looking at but its friggin March now and we're already 3/4 of the way into the season.

Logic Horse piss? you didnt read the post obviously. As fishcake states theres no difference, because clubs of our stature should be aiming for first place not celebrating 2nd and 3rd.

What the fuck are you on about, about conceding goals and goal difference? it wont make a difference if you lose matches and theres about 10 left and only a few points seperating us at the moment!

Ok we'd better phone Arsene up and conceed the game seeing as they took down the mighty madrid. Great result for arsenal and bad one for us but it was only a week or so ago Arsenal couldnt buy a win in the league.

Not even gonna bother answering the strikers one as you are clearly about 15 years of age and only came around to football with the premiership, probably picked Man Utd when they started winning things. Oh and your probably from down south.

antred said:
Logic Horse piss? you didnt read the post obviously. As fishcake states theres no difference, because clubs of our stature should be aiming for first place not celebrating 2nd and 3rd.
Well you obviously havent been aiming right right for well oever a decade. :roll:

What the fuck are you on about, about conceding goals and goal difference? it wont make a difference if you lose matches and theres about 10 left and only a few points seperating us at the moment!
You've lost and drawn more games than us. :roll:

Ok we'd better phone Arsene up and conceed the game seeing as they took down the mighty madrid. Great result for arsenal and bad one for us but it was only a week or so ago Arsenal couldnt buy a win in the league.
Ever heard of being "in form" or having a "drop in confidence"?

Not even gonna bother answering the strikers one as you are clearly about 15 years of age and only came around to football with the premiership, probably picked Man Utd when they started winning things. Oh and your probably from down south.
How does the comment on strikers give anyone an idea on when they started supporting a team or where they live?
What a retard.
:roll:

RuneEdge said:

Listen Dickwad i've explained things to you in a patient manner. I was going to matches while you were still in nappies.

And dont call me a retard , discuss things by all means, you can even swear but dont call me a retard, im quite sure my footballing knowledge extends far beyond yours.

to sum up.

I've clearly explained that theres about what? 10 matches to go? And what, 3 points difference between us with having a game in hand you havent yet won. So what does it matter if we've drawn or lost more games than you, you are fucking catchable arnt you?

And to finish your last query - your answer to my initial thoughts on RVN and Rooney, what i said was if Liverpool had strikers of that ilk that can score (RVN has what, 16 goals and Rooney about 10?) Then Liverpool would be up there but they dont. I didnt blame United for us not having good strikers like you suggested. Also the reason i put about when you started supporting your team was in the childish way you put your initial question and i could tell before even viewing your profile you were a post premier league fan and at a fairly young age.

rant over.

Last edited:

I wonder why Rafa haven't played Crouch and Cisse more often? Morientes keeps playing even if he's not even close to scoring.

koolaje said:
I wonder why Rafa haven't played Crouch and Cisse more often? Morientes keeps playing even if he's not even close to scoring.

I think anyone other than Morientes would represent a better chance
of goals.
Cisse is apparently way down the pecking order for Benitez.
Fowler looks the best bet with Crouch.
But Rafa believes too much in Morientes hoping he will regain his
form, but he's way too optimistic.
I think Cisse is definitely going this summer, hopefully Morientes
can follow him.

it is a shame for Cissé and liverpool because cissé is the best striker by far that liverpool have got but the way Rafa plays him like a winger is pretty stupid each time he has played as a Cf the guy is more dangerous than morientes,fat fowler and even crouch

ALAIN said:
it is a shame for Cissé and liverpool because cissé is the best striker by far that liverpool have got but the way Rafa plays him like a winger is pretty stupid each time he has played as a Cf the guy is more dangerous than morientes,fat fowler and even crouch

spot on mate.

but what a match against Arsenal! I think Arsenal deserved to win, but felt a bid bad when Gerrard passed it to Henry.

I havnt seen Arsenal play like that for a while. Fabregas was the difference for me.

When you start with Crouch up front on his own you know its gonna be a bad day

yeah, benitez is a faggot when he plays the 4-5-1

we need to stick with 4-4-2 against the bigger teams

i didnt get to see it but, from the first 5 mins i saw i knew we woudlnt win.

ps, all you fowler haters, give him sometime. his left foot is better than all our strike force put together

kevano22 said:
ps, all you fowler haters, give him sometime. his left foot is better than all our strike force put together
Have to agree with you there kevano22....can't believe they played 4-5-1 - isn't it obvious we are better when we don't put so much pressure on defence?
I for one am waiting for a load of goals when he finally hits his straps.

PLF:
In understand your point of view but your analisys is wrong. I don't have any kind of prejudice regarding portuguese teams in europe, in fact I was thrilled with FCP runs in UEFA and CL, deserved runs.

This year I'm laughing my arse out because of 2 things:

1 - the confirmation that english teams are some of the most arrogant teams when approaching european soccer, and maybe that's the main reason why they fail so much.

2 - Benfica doing great against these teams is a good laugh because benfica is a limited team playing inferior soccer. Any doubt? The results seem to speak for themselves, another draw at home against Naval, with this humble team playing with 10 men since minute 56. Benfica are doing bad in the league this year and the only 2 times were they shown was against... english teams :).

So it's a mix of "shouldn't be so darn arrogant when approaching portuguese teams" with a good laugh on seeing these "giants" beaten by benfica, it's funny all along. Someone compaired it with Greece... boy was that bloke right :).

Nevertheless there will I be, day 28, in Estádio da Luz supporting benfica against Barça. I don't expect Barça to be arrogant against benfica but if they are.. I guess we can have another laugh in this CL :)

@Mauras, I answered a friend who is a Benfica fan and was over the moon after they had knocked out Liverpool here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=651441&postcount=4751

Just read that and the bit that follows it and the bit that is before it and if you want to get back to me on it, do it in that thread or via pm.

Reason is I don't think this is really related to Liverpool anymore so I'd rather just stick to what the rest of the guys here are talking about now like today's match against Arsenal or Liverpool's lack of a proper quality striker and leave this discussion we're having for that thread or via pm.

See ya ;)

Last edited:

No problem with the result Arsenal did deserve to win.

But am i the only one who is getting sick to the back teeth with the game here in England?

today there was loads of examples of unsportsmanlike behaviour, mostly from Arsenal that really P***** me off big style. Firstly, how did Toure get away with that dreadful two footed lunge at Warnock? it was awful! You'd see a straight red for that even in sunday league! And Fabregas, good player and only young i know but he needs to change his attitude. Demanding cards everytime hes in a tackle and goes down, he waved Alonso away and made a meal of things quite a few times, for goodness sake Xavi Alonso is your fellow national teammate! Unbelievable. Also, surrounding the ref and asking for cards, this needs to be stamped out and Arsenal where guilty of this a lot today, i mean Xavi Alonso, hardly a killer midfielder is he?

And Finally.

Eboue. I dont like this guy already. I saw him at Anfield a month a go and he whinged and whinged and confronted players all the time and waved his arms to the ref for cards. he did the same today and one incident he went down like he was pole axed, with minimal contact and when Xavi Alonso lightly patted his head for him to get up he writhed around the floor in agony holding his head. he then went to Bennett to protest.

Im sick of it, the game in England is getting worse. Sure theres some fine players but its getting worse and worse all the time. Im not saying Liverpool are immune, sissoko has been guilty a few times this season and Garcia and i hate it, but i've had enough.

cant wait for the season to end TBH.

kevano22 said:
yeah, benitez is a faggot when he plays the 4-5-1

we need to stick with 4-4-2 against the bigger teams

i didnt get to see it but, from the first 5 mins i saw i knew we woudlnt win.

Give it a rest. Fowler has had enough time and so has all the liverpool strikers. But they are all lacking. Only Benetiz is to blame for failing to land a proper clinical finisher. Hw paid way over the odds for Crouch. Im not saying crouch is a bad player but 7million could of went onto someone much better and more clinical plus crouch isnt even worth 7mil.

what a mistake Gerrard did!!:( he did the same mistake against France during Euro 2004:( But you 're right mate fabregas is really a good player but today he was acting like a baby girl always surounding the ref to sent off his own national team mate anyway Arsenal deserved the win , i enjoyed the way luis garcia tackled this arrogant T.henry:lol:

Yet another negative approach going to highbury and what happens we get torn apart. No width, No supporting striker. Oh and look what happens when Kewell & Fowler come on.

TBH if it wasn't for that blind sending off we could have won the game let alone nicked a point, when we equalised the game really started to open up become end-to-end.

We must beat fulham on wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom