Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

why we lost was because we were playing the european champs with a very poor midfield. Even full strength they are hard to beat. Ask Chelsea. Arsenal not qualifying for the champs league would be disastrous and could start your decline. Especially if your best players go.

bradley1886 said:
oh god you guys are hypercrits. fucking hell!!!!! we have no defenders and play shit and it's cos we're in decline and now quite crap. you have one player out of position and thats why you lose.....FUCK you guys piss me off....good, you're out of the cup and europe!!!!
We never said we deserved to win. :roll:

I'll say this again, but I don't see how anyone can blame Rooney/RVN. If the midfield aren't doing their job of providing the service, then what else can they do? Everytime they got the ball, they looked dangerous (it was rare anyway).

The fact is, Benitez had a game plan and used it well. We dominated play and tbh (and sound very cocky!), that has been the story of our games so far. And this is all down to Benitez + co's hard work in fixing up the midfield and defence over the last season and so. Its just a shame we couldn't finish off teams but hopefully that will change.

Its hard with teams who used to be in the top (like Arse and Man U) in transitional periods. People expect another Keane or Vieira and place too much pressure on the young wannabees on giving instant results. Having said that, I reckon you mancs and arses should get some more established players rather than putting all your eggs in one basket with the young 'uns.

Alucard said:
Liverpool put in a replica chelsea performance. They parked the bus and defended for their lives after scoring. If united dont improve next season then expect Liverpool and chelsea being the top two fighting it out to have the most clean sheets and boring football.

hmm....I think everyone will agree that apart from that phenomenal season Arsenal had, you can't beat every team with sublime football. Also, in that same season (as well as other seasons), Arsenal wasn't able to play as they do in Europe.

Man U played class football in the 90s no doubt. But they did occasionally look fragile in Europe.

You can't blame Chelsea & Liverpool for playing the european way - that was the way their managers were taught to play all their lives.

I wouldn't call it boring though. Efficient and ruthless I suppose - and on the edge of the seat stuff to watch as one skillful play can change everything. We passed the ball well and held it. Whenever Man U got the ball, we got it back quickly.

Face it...The Premiership is changing. And in terms of european contention, for the better. Some teams can do it, whilst others can't - hence why the Prem still maintains its excitement. Look at Wigan for example with their traditional fast paced play - and how they *nearly* caused an upset against Chelsea in the opening day.

However, if you're still bored and wanting gung-ho football, check out the Championship on ITV \\:o/

Last edited:

Please don't compare our style of play to Chav$ki in more games than not they play solely for the result and are not aloud to play with flair "e.g. Mourinho threatening to drop Joe Cole after he tried to entertain the crowd, can't remember which game he played but he played well"

Anyway the manc scum are just pissed off because they done nothing in the 1st half, so much so that the half-time highlights they had of shrek & Donkey was them putting in a pathetic defensive display. We Could have had a penalty, Kewell's header was superbly saved, Finnan (unsung hero) had a sitter missed, not to mention every time the mancs tried to play we took the ball of them with ease so 1st half we attacked and you defended. 2nd half was similar although the mancs had more possession near the end but other than a dangerous cross which Finnan (under appreciated) dealt with "you's" :mrgreen: done fuck all...

Revenge is sweet and thoroughly deserved

marukomu said:
why we lost was because we were playing the european champs with a very poor midfield. Even full strength they are hard to beat. Ask Chelsea. Arsenal not qualifying for the champs league would be disastrous and could start your decline. Especially if your best players go.

Exactly, chelsea struggled to get possession in the first half against liverpool at stamford bridge and if it wasnt for liverpools blunt attack on the day chelsea would have been a few goals down before half time. United are paying the cost of SAF failing to buy proper midfielders when he had the chance. When he bought two certain flops we had to sell them both on which left a void in midfield and again saf didnt bother to fill. United just need two quality midfielders and things will be ok. Arsenal need a whole new central defense unit,midfield and attack once henry leaves. But arsenal will enter into new competition for some younger players next season and we all know what that is.

Liverpool are doing really effective job and reason i say they would of made chelsea proud is cuz their closing down play was very good. Players wokring for eachother was good. Even morientes helped with getting back and battling. So the whole team was focused on winnning back the ball when it was lost. But i dont agree with MO DINERO comments cuz the only flair player i see on liverpool is luis Garcia and benetiz has told him to cut down on his tricks in certain areas of the pitch also. Other than that there isnt many other,maybe cisse, but again this guy is on bench most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

OK unfortunately there are a few similarities with the chavs regarding some aspects of teamwork, Carra gold & Stevie G (Lamp & Chav T) but that's about it...

Alucard I've noticed that your always having a dig at the gooners whether it's blatant or not I think you should be more concerned about a depleted midfield and a Carling cup final.... Come on Wigan, Mellor to score the winner ;)

fishcake said:
champ.gif
champ.gif
champ.gif
champ.gif
champ.gif

have that neville you manc twat

:lol: Was that you who threw the burger his way?

I was at the game yesterday and have to say that L'pool outplayed us. We simply didn't turn up. Congrats Scousers.

ninjabreakz said:
I was at the game yesterday and have to say that L'pool outplayed us. We simply didn't turn up. Congrats Scousers.
Nice one ninja your probably the only manc I'm gonna read/hear that from

look further up the page and two more people say it. We're not all scouse haters and can appreciate when we are second best. I for one am glad that you are back as a force in football as Man Utd need a strong Liverpool to push them. just don't get too good, eh:mrgreen:

MO_DINERO said:
Nice one ninja your probably the only manc I'm gonna read/hear that from
I already said a while back and no one is denying it here. :roll:

The way you got to look at it is like this:

Sure United didnt have a midfield and some earlier poster says that Utd did well considering and when they get one they will be ok. first of all you have to find that midfielder. How do you replace Roy Keane? And secondly its not one midfielder you need its several. Also theres areas of your team that are ageing now, theres a good chance that you may go into decline for a bit which is hard but to be expected - it happened to us in the early ninties when the likes of Beardsley, Rush, Barnes, Whelan, McMahon, Hansen, Gillespie and Molby to name some went past their sell by date. United have Neville at 31, Giggs is what, 31 or 32? Van der Sar is mid thirties? On top of that you have some average players in Fletcher, Park, Silvestre, O'Shea and Richardson. You have tempremental players like Ronaldo and Rooney, but have quality in Rooney, Ferdinand, Heinze and RVN.

So theres lots of work there. Also consider Ferguson is getting really old now, i mean he was in charge of Man Utd when i was at Junior School in 1986!

Now consider Liverpool and where they are going. Its taken a while but they are on the up and have a very good future ahead. Apart from Hamann and Hyppia the squad is in good shape age wise, and if you havent already noticed that was our 44th game yesterday i think and the tempo we played at at times was frightening, the fitness levels at Liverpool are second to none. It says a lot when we are able to dominate against teams like Arsenal and Man U in the same week. I've never, in all my years going to Anfield saw a fitter looking squad, in years gone by we would have faltered by now.

We have another CB to come in the summer and expect one or two from Wright Phillips, Defoe, Kuijt to arrive. We also have Mark Gonzalez joining in the summer on the Wing.

So unfortunately thats reality but it happens to every side regardless, you get your crop of talent through, a good blend and you get about 10 years if your lucky which united had, fortunately fo Liverpool in the 60's 70' 80's we replaced the managers with ready made backups from the boot room that kept the red machine going. Im not sure who united could have as manager. For utd fans sake i hope it isnt Queiroz.

RuneEdge said:
We never said we deserved to win. :roll:

when did i mention you saying you deserved to win? you claimed that having one player out of position cost you the game, when in fact it was because you played...well...shite. but every time we mention we have no defence (at all...8 players out ffs) you go on about it being just the fact that we are in decline. fair enough we wouldn't win the league with them anyway, but i'm sure we'd be in the top four. arguably one the best left backs in football and one of the only english players we have has been out since october, the only game he's played in since then was the 7-0 spanking we gave boro. you guys just can't take critism you always have to try and bounce it off in other directions, mainly ours. maybe it's because you're insecure about your club or something, i dunno...

Ronaldo does the very same before every WC. He's been a great striker for us, and is now in good position to become the greatest WC all-time scorer... so he wants to sign his last great pro contract.

He'd do well to go to Manchester and give the Premier League a try. I'd be happy to see him go if that's what he wants and United come with the money. I'm so grateful towards Ronaldo that I can't do anything but wish him luck if he wants to leave.

His problem is that he never-ever does any defensive work for the team. Not that it is his duty, but Bernabéu has always been keen on players that fight 'till the last minute after the ball (i.e. Becks), and it is hard for them to see Ronaldo do NOTHING in 85 minutes... even though he scores twice in the last 5' and wins the match. It is irritating, especially when Raúl is just behind him running miles and miles putting pressure on the rival's defence.

Gedtillo said:
His problem is that he never-ever does any defensive work for the team. Not that it is his duty, but Bernabéu has always been keen on players that fight 'till the last minute after the ball (i.e. Becks)

:D ...forget about the strikers mate, if the players who are supposed to defend stuck to their duties, RM wouldn't be conceding as many anyway :mrgreen:

Real Madrid is not conceding as many. 23 conceeded in 24 games. Only two more than Barcelona. Please just watch La Liga! ;)

Liverpool won deservedly, I don't think united have anything to complain
about. It's not Liverpool's fault that they defend so well, but they
can also attack and win games.
United only came to life near the end of the game.
Other than that, Liverpool were the better team.
But we really need some decent strikers in the summer....
not a criticism of Crouch who did well.

Gedtillo said:
Real Madrid is not conceding as many. 23 conceeded in 24 games. Only two more than Barcelona. Please just watch La Liga! ;)

cough...6-1..cough

(I wasn't exclusively talking about La Liga)

btw..I wouldn't call Barcelona a defensive team anyway - so I don't see the point comparing to them ;)

Last edited:

From one of the dailies....couldn't have put it better myself.

"When reminded of Ferguson's jibe that Liverpool had only played well for five minutes at Anfield, he (Benitez) smiled that if Liverpool played well for 85 they might inflict some truly terrible damage."

I don't believe it was a jibe by Ferguson. I think he was admiring your defence and midfield. You only need to play for a short time and grab your goal. The rest of the time you can get away with playing average because you are so well organized.

bradley1886 said:
when did i mention you saying you deserved to win? you claimed that having one player out of position cost you the game, when in fact it was because you played...well...shite.
We never blamed it on one player either. :roll:

We know we were shit in that game, unlike you who goes on about your injuries. Seems like the Man Utd and the Liverpool fans have moved on but you havent. :roll:

marukomu said:
I don't believe it was a jibe by Ferguson. I think he was admiring your defence and midfield. You only need to play for a short time and grab your goal. The rest of the time you can get away with playing average because you are so well organized.

yeah it wasnt a 'Jibe', even the report that I read it was more of a respectful comment.

Really nervous about the Bayern game tonite (hope Kahn is still injured) but I reckon Liverpool will win comfortably at Benfica.

saw that goal couple of weeks back

agger looked good in that game too, he bombed forward a few times skinning all the reserves

Back
Top Bottom