Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

rockykabir said:
Going back to the previous topic....

What about the city of Wakefield? the largest city not to have a football team? who would the locals support?

The arguement to solely base your team to where you come from was only a cuss in primary school playgrounds - nowadays, who gives a f***?. I've been a loyal supporter of Liverpool for many years and I'm born and bred in London. I've been to many cities around the world, and IMO, London is the best and I'm glad to be a local. Perhaps similar to my unwillingness to live in another city, I won't be able to support any other team no matter what.

But for those randoms who change teams, they deserve all the insults they get ;)

lol, tis exactly the same for me. People keep saying, support a London team, but its too late now. Although I have a soft spot for Charlton and Fulham

And besides, I started supporting Pool in the 90's when we did jack all.

Last edited:

i suppose if you don't come from a football family you just have to choose a team, usually based on who your friends support. i'm an imbredded arsenal supporter, my mum and dad met at the supporters club. and i live in islington and study in highbury. but i don't think it matters, as long as you're passionate and don't change teams.

Chuffed to bits with that - just wish we could finish teams off. feel sorry for Smith hope he recovers from it.

Thought Ronaldo was disgraceful today. Goes to ground far too easily and does nothing but whinge at the ref.

antred said:
Thought Ronaldo was disgraceful today. Goes to ground far too easily and does nothing but whinge at the ref.
I'll have to disagree with that, every foul he got given was justified IMO, the Anfield crowd just kept trying to sway the refs decisions.;)

champ.gif
champ.gif
champ.gif
champ.gif
champ.gif

have that neville you manc twat

JayM said:
I'll have to disagree with that, every foul he got given was justified IMO, the Anfield crowd just kept trying to sway the refs decisions.;)

Nah.

Watch the challenge by Sissoko where he gets the yellow first half - doesnt touch him at all, ronaldo knows hes about to run into the challenge of Carragher so he flies through the air like superman and sissoko gets booked.

then he gets another freekick second half when sissoko - both with their foot high challenge for the ball that ronaldo wins but hooks aimelessly forward then falls over like jellylegs and gets a dangerous freekick.

tut tut.

Liverpool put in a replica chelsea performance. They parked the bus and defended for their lives after scoring. If united dont improve next season then expect Liverpool and chelsea being the top two fighting it out to have the most clean sheets and boring football.

Are Reina and Benitiz related? Because it might explain why he keeps getting picked instead of dudek, even though dudek played a blinder last couple of games while reina suspensed. Also might explain why theyve got simlar foreheads,face and same receding hairline.

Alucard said:
Liverpool put in a replica chelsea performance. They parked the bus and defended for their lives after scoring. If united dont improve next season then expect Liverpool and chelsea being the top two fighting it out to have the most clean sheets and boring football.

Are Reina and Benitiz related? Because it might explain why he keeps getting picked instead of dudek, even though dudek played a blinder last couple of games while reina suspensed. Also might explain why theyve got simlar foreheads,face and same receding hairline.

Sorry what? Parked a bus? you for real or what? You make out that we sat back and soaked up the pressure. We just have a very solid defensive unit, we had chances second half and while its at 1-0 theres always a chance that with your quality up front you could sneak an equaliser, Also with Saha on you were always likely to see more of the ball up at our end. i blame are lack of domination second half on Howard Webb who was over fussy at times and was quite generous with some of the freekicks he awarded to united especially against the likes of Crouch - i know hes bony like but it isnt his fault if hes trying to challenge for the ball.

I thought Webb lost it second half. Hamanns card was fair, but Carraghers? Hyppias?Nevilles? dont think so.

I was reading either nuts or zoo magazine the other day and I came across a question in the quiz section and i was intrigued by the question "which 3 former Liverpool players have won the Premiership?". Me and my friend have got Paul Ince and Nicholas Anelka but we are unable to figure out the third, can anyone help? Cheers

Alucard said:

dudek's done nothing special either over the last 2 games (apart from the save from hyypia at wigan) he's a good 'keeper but as all you mancs know he's capable of lapses in concentration. reina hasn't kept 20 odd clean sheets by accident

things are gonna get better and better over the next couple of years

you can just go and console yourself that united were the best team during the first decade or so of the cash fueled premiership but then your so called "great" manager fucked it up by relying on the same players for too long instead of replacing them when you were still top, now you can't compete financially with chelsea and we have a manager who is far more tactically aware than slur exlax will ever be

dmorgs said:
I was reading either nuts or zoo magazine the other day and I came across a question in the quiz section and i was intrigued by the question "which 3 former Liverpool players have won the Premiership?". Me and my friend have got Paul Ince and Nicholas Anelka but we are unable to figure out the third, can anyone help? Cheers

henchoz? know he was with blackburn before liverpool but not sure if he played for them when they won the league

An impressive performance by everyone today, we totally outplayed United in every department.

But if I had heard Motty mention the fact that we hadnt beaten United in the Cup since 1925 one more time I would have hunted him down

CWright said:
An impressive performance by everyone today, we totally outplayed United in every department.

But if I had heard Motty mention the fact that we hadnt beaten United in the Cup since 1925 one more time I would have hunted him down

'Outdefended' united in every department.

Alucard said:
'Outdefended' united in every department.

What the fuck are you on, were we the team who went into the game playing with what looked like 10 players behind the ball?

Did our keeper have to make a save during the entire 98 minutes?

We fucking deserved that and for you to say otherwise is bollocks

CWright said:
What the fuck are you on, were we the team who went into the game playing with what looked like 10 players behind the ball?

Did our keeper have to make a save during the entire 98 minutes?

We fucking deserved that and for you to say otherwise is bollocks

Wtf are you on? Were liverpool not the better defensive team? And where did i say you didnt deserve to win? Your keeper didnt have many saves to make cuz liverpool defended great,packed the midfield and packed the defense so united players had no space to breath. If you like sliding tackles and people battling endlessly in midfield two on one with minimal attack play possible, then this was the match to watch.

I now realise why you should never argue with idiots

Pool won, United lost. Thats all I need to know

i thought the liverpool midfield played great. lots of closing down and not allowing utd any time on the ball. rooney didn't show up and utd had to bring on saha cos there was no luck in attack.

get well soon alan smith.

CWright said:
I now realise why you should never argue with idiots

Pool won, United lost. Thats all I need to know

Oh really child. Is that why you resort to playground antics cuz you dont agree with liverpool playing defensivly? You gonna tell me it was swift quick attacking football on display today?

Alucard said:
Oh really child. Is that why you resort to playground antics cuz you dont agree with liverpool playing defensivly? You gonna tell me it was swift quick attacking football on display today?

they was none from either side, for the nuetral it wasn't too great a game to watch. united never looked liked scoring imo, you didn't look clinical enough in front of goal. i guess rooney just doesn't show up for big matches...;)

Liverpool played better at everything. Even up 1-0 they attempted to attack. United were poor in most of their buildups and couldnt shoot for shit.

bradley1886 said:
they was none from either side, for the nuetral it wasn't too great a game to watch. united never looked liked scoring imo, you didn't look clinical enough in front of goal. i guess rooney just doesn't show up for big matches...;)

The guy is only 20, you cant expect him to be world class every match. If you seriously believe rooney doesnt show up for big matches then i suggest you go buy yourself a copy of euro 2004 and see his performances on the big stage. Or watch everton v arsenal where he scored his first premiership goal at age of 16.

bradley1886 said:

agree 100%. None of the teams looked great, but it was clear to see Liverpool were far superior.

But it wasnt superior in the way they dominated in the Arsenal game. It was more like Man Utd just never looked like scoring. But tell me, was it more Liverpool playing well or Man Utd playing poorly? Probably both.

I think Man Utd fans shouldnt worry to much though. If you guys can play Liverpool with only one propa centre mid and lose only 1-0 AND still domiate possesion in the second half, you'll be more than fine when you get the boys back.

One last thing, :applause: for Sissoko. Havent seen a lot from him tbh but today was everywhere, even if he is a fouling c**t ;)

Adonis said:
I think Man Utd fans shouldnt worry to much though. If you guys can play Liverpool with only one propa centre mid and lose only 1-0 AND still domiate possesion in the second half, you'll be more than fine when you get the boys back.
This is why I'm not so pissed off. Cuz I can understand why we werent the best team out there. We had Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Richardson and Smith who all tried to play in midfield at some point in the game and NONE of them are a central midfielder. Of course we were gonna be outplayed in the middle of the park. The only guy you had to deal with was Fletcher. :roll:

Alucard said:
The guy is only 20, you cant expect him to be world class every match. If you seriously believe rooney doesnt show up for big matches then i suggest you go buy yourself a copy of euro 2004 and see his performances on the big stage. Or watch everton v arsenal where he scored his first premiership goal at age of 16.

all well and good looking to the past, but when it really mattered...

for fucks sake, just proves you guys can quite easily dish it out but can't take a bit of critism. every game henry doesn't play well...*sigh*....why do i even bother?

RuneEdge said:
This is why I'm not so pissed off. Cuz I can understand why we werent the best team out there. We had Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Richardson and Smith who all tried to play in midfield at some point in the game and NONE of them are a central midfielder. Of course we were gonna be outplayed in the middle of the park. The only guy you had to deal with was Fletcher. :roll:

oh god you guys are hypercrits. fucking hell!!!!! we have no defenders and play shit and it's cos we're in decline and now quite crap. you have one player out of position and thats why you lose.....FUCK you guys piss me off....good, you're out of the cup and europe!!!!

Back
Top Bottom