Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

5 shots outta about 25 on target...terrible

fowler is class, i hope we find a partnership for him, his touch and left foot are better than a fully fit morientes and crouch put together

5 shots outta about 25 on target...terrible

fowler is class, i hope we find a partnership for him, his touch and left foot are better than a fully fit morientes and crouch put together

Luis garcia looked good after coming back from injury. But morientes what happened to that guy? he use to be a goal machine now he cant score for anyone. Fowler did ok although he didnt score i admit that. The commentators on sky sounded like they wanted liverpool to win. Andy Gray sounded angry that gerrard wasnt playing in the middle providing through balls.

Thank fuck we managed to score, had that game ended 0-0 I would have been majorly pissed off

What a relief, I've never seen such a one-sided Liverpool V Arsenal game I'm glad we didn't score the penalty it was a weak decision. Fowler our best striker? Worryingly yes

never seen arsenal battered so heavily. Liverpool easily deserved to win.

But yeh I agree with the statement regarding Morientes. WTF happened to him? You cant blame Benitez for busting a gut trying to sign him, hes always been an amazing striker.

I know I might get flamed by the Liverpool lot, but I still reckon Cisse is your best striker. Even though his finishing is as bad as Drogba's, he just as effective.

Arsenal were shite, had it not been for Lehman it could have been so much worse.

Our attempts on goal to those that were actually on target was awful

Cisse has the potential to be our best striker but I don't think Liverpool have the time and patience for it. I really feel for Morientes he works so hard off the ball but in front of goal he's poor to say the least

You scousers remind me of your derby counterparts with your 1-0 victorys! You deserved it though.

MO_DINERO said:
Cisse has the potential to be our best striker but I don't think Liverpool have the time and patience for it. I really feel for Morientes he works so hard off the ball but in front of goal he's poor to say the least

yeh I agree.

I can just see Cisse or even Morientes getting sold and doing very well for the club they go to.

But I do feel Liverpool have to be more patient with Cisse. His potential is frightening. And easier being patient at the moment because its not as if you have a striker thats worthy of keeping him out...apart from Fowler perhaps?

hahaha cisses potential isnt frightening at all...

its frightening how these players earn so much and play so shite

What's also frightening is that a "supposedly" old overweight, cocaine sniffing, past it striker has featured in 3 games and has looked like our most threatening striker already. Argh! Fuck it keep Fowler sell the others and buy Henry for next season

Last edited:

lol

well Cisse was touted as the next Henry, and certianly did amazingly well in the french league for Auxerre.

Didnt he have a really good pre-season for Liverpool aswell?

Oh well, its obvious Benitez will buy a striker in summer. For the formation Liverpool play they should buy that big dutch guy. Forgotten his name...starts with Ku..

Looks really good. think he plays for Feynoord?

kewell and gerrard kept crossing the ball in the center(front of goal)to each other,thoses guys are dangerous... all you need is a striker who can tab goals in(good match)

Adonis said:
Oh well, its obvious Benitez will buy a striker in summer. For the formation Liverpool play they should buy that big dutch guy. Forgotten his name...starts with Ku..

Looks really good. think he plays for Feynoord?

Kuyt looks good...I don't know what the future of Crouch will be though if he was to come.

Crouch is good...ironically, his heading is his letdown

kewell.jpg

Hahah Cisse is the next Henry? He doesn't even have one-tenth of Henry's abilities. No way .. maybe in 3 years ...

Good win guys !

That is what Garcia is all about, get in!

Cisse will be gone in the summer the simple fact is that he needs a father figure, Benitez is not interested in giving that type of treatment to any of the players. Houllier screwed us, he should of signed him a season earlier.

I like Crouch but he needs someone who will instinctively build up an understanding with him.

We don't need to be wasting money on fancy name players like Torres but maybe look closer to home and look at players like Yakubu or dare I say it Andy Johnson.

Peter Eyres said:
I'd attempt to get Defoe on the books.

He has everything Cisse has, plus end product.
Now thats a transfer that would make perfect sense for both player and club.

i was dissappointed with the reds performance.
Everytime (and i mean everytime) our back-four get the ball they just knock it up for crouch...wait! he wasnt even playing...so why do they still try the long ball.

plus...Gerrard NEEDS to play in the middle.

As newLok said, Gerrard needs to play in the middle for LFC more often than right wing.....almost a return to the Houllier days last night (I thought the old chestnut about most shots on target in the premiership was going to come out, that Houllier so conveniently used). Thank the heavens Luis Garcia did what all strikers should do - follow up!

Back
Top Bottom