Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Not that this is the right place for this convo, but Beboquintero - if you want to come across as knowing something about football, calling the prem's leading scorer, a man who scores at a rate which makes Henry's look like a goalie's, I may add, is probably not the best way to do it. No one doubts that Rooney is a great playmaker, but if you want someone to put the ball in the net, ie a striker, then there's few better on earth than Ruud.

Be bitter about his history with arsenal, that's fine, but don't be so blinded by your bias that you don't recognize he's very very good. Much the same way that I didn't like Vieira, but he was a great player and I respect that.

I am not a Liverpool supporter - but I think Gerrard is the best midfielder in Europe. I don't support Chelsea although I think Lampard is something else. I don't support Arsenal but I LOVE watching Henry every week in the Premiership. He is a genius. Football 'supporters' who cannot recognise a superb striker when they see one are not really lovers of the beautiful game. Stick with your 'highs-scoring' Superbowl.

beboquintero said:
manyoo has 2 amercians and the owner who own a NFL team,which he loves more(LIVERPOOL will finish 2nd) & will beat Chelski (champions)there (i love some of the UK not all)8)
:lmao: Is that supposed to hurt our feelings?

RuneEdge said:
:lmao: Is that supposed to hurt our feelings?
no ...not in anyways,look i love Futbol,football or soccer whatever melts your butter.I`m aware you`re young and don`t know any better,not a problem,but in america everybody has there rights,and soon in London w/ the Marching of Arabs you`ll see.I love the UK,but the world is bigger.I`m guessing you never been to the USA,it`s REAL BIG

1. I am 26.
2. I have been to the US on several occassions (Miami, California and Mexico being my favourite places.)
3. I found the Americans to be friendly and very naive. There is only one nation that loves the Americans - THEMSELVES!

i said good to end it already....but clearly Mexico is not part of the USA,unless he meant New Mexico.Well i hope Adu joins Manyoo and any other talented american

good to see the topic staying on track

Fowler was alright, nothing special...did play a quality ball to morientes to spurn.

also went clean through but Shitentes was offside and could have left it for Fowler, but didnt.

Its been like 46 games already...I'm worried about the fatigue creeping up (we can already see it in the strikers :( ).

Its Gerrard next season I'm well worried about. All those games (and he's doing most of the running!) as well as the World Cup coming up...:eh:

rockykabir said:
Its been like 46 games already...I'm worried about the fatigue creeping up (we can already see it in the strikers :( ).

Its Gerrard next season I'm well worried about. All those games (and he's doing most of the running!) as well as the World Cup coming up...:eh:

thats what happens when you get into europe via the back door.....

fishcake said:
by being european champions?

but yet still had to beg and moan to be let back in the competition cos they we're not good enough over a season to qualify...

as for the extra games in lfcs season, united have played a similar amount of games, yet we aint moaning or looking for excuses.....

beachryan said:
...a man who scores at a rate which makes Henry's look like a goalie's...

hmm...correct me if i'm wrong but henry had the highest goals per game in europe in the last two seasons. van nistlerooy is a great goalscorer but he has absolutely nothing on henry, i wouldn't exchange a single attribute.

sorry about that scousers, back on topic, i reckon fowler is just about your best forward at the moment. he played really well the other day and has a, erm...decent record against us if i remember correctly. lets hope he doesn't relive those days....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
but yet still had to beg and moan to be let back in the competition cos they we're not good enough over a season to qualify...

can't remember any begging or moaning from liverpool, rick parry was quite dignified while we waited for uefa to make the decision when in fact he had good reason to complain about the premier league

at the start of last season the ruling was if a team won the european cup but finished outside the top 4 then the fa COULD enter them in place of the the 4th placed team, this rule was on the fa's website up until about april when it became a distinct possibility that it could happen then was suddenly removed, there was never any ruling saying in the event of it happening that 4th place would get the european cup spot, at the same time there was also a page on the same site from the previous season saying if chelsea or arsenal won the european cup and finished outside the top 4 then they'd be entered instead of the 4th placed team (who suprise suprise was liverpool)

there was never a formal vote on it, instead it was left to the board which included david dein of arsenal and phil gartside of bolton who both had a vested interest at the time (arsenal would've had to play a qualifier plus would get less of the pot this season, bolton still had an outside chance of finishing 4th at the time) liverpool weren't happy about this but didn't complain, also add to that fa chief executive brian barwick decided to stay out of it as he's a liverpool supporter and didn't want to be seen as influencing the decision

uefa wanted liverpool in as holders (for the 5th time just in case you didn't know ;) ) the fa knew this and took the piss gambling on getting a 5th place for english teams

winning the european cup will always be a far bigger achievment than finishing 4th in the league and if it happened in 03/04 then i wouldn't have complained if we'd been dumped into the uefa cup and replaced by the european cup holders, uefa have changed the rules now so the fa must enter the winners instead of 4th place if it happens again and it could easily happen this season if arsenal win it and i wouldn't complain then either

well said fishcake, lad! Hmm, vannizzle - playing in Europe in a weeks time?.....oh yeah, I forgot...

Back
Top Bottom