Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Peter Eyres said:
Afraid to say it, but players like Riquelme will never make it in the premiership. He's not a right winger either. A fantastic player, but much more suited to Spain or Italy.

Playing Cisse on the right won't work. He has pace, and thats about it. But he can usually got past people WITH the ball, as he never knows what to do with it.

Apparently we tried to swap Cisse for Defo, but Jol obviously wasn't having anything. Defo has pace, can dribble and has end product.

Right, riquelme even said he doesnt like the premiership cuz he believes there is not much tecnique compared to spain league. I dont think villereal would of let him go in the window either. I would like to see him play for a bigger club. He is a class player, abit like veron but more physical and direct.

I think Cisse's finishing is the thing that lets him down imo. Sometimes you see him sulking when things dont go his way. Abit how henry and Ginola do it.
I think liverpool could have tried a to swoop for shaun wright phillips from chelsea. Or could have tried getting Danny Murphy back. Gerrard does good enough job on the right so he can stick there. Or you can have Crapkamp sorry... kromkamp play on the right.

rockykabir said:
Talk about a dorky class photo:

300106_fowler_3004.jpg

Check out Crouch and Gerrard!
who the hell is trying to touch robbies package....

^^ :lmao: omg that is hilarious. Im still trying to fahom who it could be. Probably somone midget who quickly sneaked in behind gerrard just before the photo was taken!

Agger looked okay in defence last night, I know he wasnt really up against much but what he had to do he did well.

Garica had a mare though, the guy aint a right winger in any shape or form

CWright said:
Agger looked okay in defence last night, I know he wasnt really up against much but what he had to do he did well.

Garica had a mare though, the guy aint a right winger in any shape or form

I'd play him up front, behind Crouch. He's MUCH better in a central role, and his positioning in the box is good.

And yep, Agger looks VERY comftable on the ball. I think we've got our replacement for Hyppia.

The whole team was crap last night in my opinion.

Agger was ok...but there were shakey moments.

Garcia was diabolical...a disgrace.

I was sittin right in front of the Birmingham fans...animals everytime they visit.

Nothing sinister or anything...just generally scruffy lookin and really, really agressive (especially the woman).

It's the same with Newcastle.

Best fans this season to visit Anfield would have to be... 'Betis'...the chants of "Liverpool" in thick Spanish accent at the end were inspiring...of course we responded with "Betis". Heroes. They were excellent around the town as well.

KOP_007 said:
Nothing sinister or anything...just generally scruffy lookin and really, really agressive (especially the woman).

It's the same with Newcastle.

Best fans this season to visit Anfield would have to be... 'Betis'...the chants of "Liverpool" in thick Spanish accent at the end were inspiring...of course we responded with "Betis". Heroes. They were excellent around the town as well.

yep that was nice. I think they respected us for beating them at their place, and winning the CL of course

KOP_007 said:
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much chance of them coming again any time in the near future.:roll:

Huge game today, a scrappy 1-0 win for us will do me :)

we've gotta win imo. This is a good time to play them, without Drogba. Never thought I'd say that.

United Won yesterday, so its crucial

it was pretty obvious that we lose since i saw the starting eleven , why the heck again 4-5-1 and with warnock starting in such a big match ? the second goal was clearly his fault and offensively nearly nothing happend for us , sometimes i really don't understand whats going on in the spaniards head...

Robben is a chicken and a pretty good actor too .. darn it he should be in the hospital now cause of the 'touch' by Reina. And he was about to ask Carragher if he wanted a shot at him, good thing carra said "ah you teenager .. go away ..".

I hope now Dudek is given a chance at the side. 4-5-1 because its at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea's a great counter attack team (like us). Warnock during the good part of the 1st half was playing well. Too bad he just wandered off during the end.

koolaje said:
4-5-1 because its at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea's a great counter attack team.
aha , and we still lost 2 - zero , obviously is 90 minutes doing nothing not the way to beat chelsea , what about playing a bit football nexttime ? thats pretty hard with only 1,5 players in the opponents half

In the buildup to this game, and also the match at Anfield against
Chelsea earlier, I've seen that Liverpool players were talking too
much about beating Chelsea, and that we can catch up to them,
or that they will falter,etc....
Why don't they just do the talking on the pitch, like Chelsea does.
Pity, yet another loss to a top-2 team.
I hope we can beat ManU in the FA cup.

It's funny, how under Houllier we could regularly beat Arsenal
and United, but struggle against smaller teams.
Now it's the opposite.
Hopefully we're not far off a more consistent mix.

mathewsss said:
It's funny, how under Houllier we could regularly beat Arsenal
and United, but struggle against smaller teams.
Now it's the opposite.
Hopefully we're not far off a more consistent mix.

Strange as it sounds, I'll prefer beating the smaller teams consistently - a more accurate sign of progress in the team. Losses against the top two are just a loss of a few points at the end of the day - its the same number of points whoever you play. With consistent results behind us, we'll be allowed to concentrate and "up the gear" on the more interesting domestic games.

Although disappointed by today's result, I hope that we learn from our mistakes. Its been 1 point from a possible 9 in the league - lets hope that improves in the next few games :)

The 451 foramtion will never work especially if we are relying on Crouch to be our hold-up centre-forward, he aint built for the job.

It was an awful game from our point of view and despite all the plya we had our game fell apart when we reached their penalty area.

Summat needs sorting. Cisse is not a winger and Warnock is not a left back, its all fucking wrong I tell ya!!

Did anyone hear Benitez's sarcastic interview after the match he said something like...
"I'm in a hurry and I must go to the hospital to see how Robben is, he could be in hospital for sure" :lol:

Robben is a school-girl pansy, what pissed me off the most though was Gallas and Terry squaring up to Reina, what a couple of pricks, if I was him I'd grab both their heads and slam 'em together at least the red card would have been worthwhile.

I hate Liverpool but I thought that all of that stuff was ridiculous, the Robben dramatics, Terry, Gallas and Reina for raising his hands in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom