Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Can anyone confirm which is the new Liverpool kit?

liverpool8jp.jpg

or

newliverpoolkit8ov.jpg

Personally I much prefer the first one!

Neither of them mate, its all rumours and speculation at the moment

Edit: Sorry rocky

rockykabir said:
oh ok... :s so the second was probably a fake then..

Fraid so big man. Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer to see what its gonna look like

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Robbie Fowler will wear the Number 11 shirt on his return to the club he first joined as an 11-year-old.

Good luck to Robbie. even though he played for Liverpool, Leeds and Man City, I still like the guy. I would have had him at United in his prime. Hope he does well, but not against us.

bit sceptical about the deal myself but i think we have nothing to lose, the only person who can come out of it worse off is robbie

financially there's nothing at risk for liverpool, i'm not sure what his wages are but sky were reporting a pay as you play deal earlier (not sure if this has changed or not) but i can't see him being on sky high wages anyway as he's a very rich man due to the ammount of property he invested in and a lot of the money spent on wages will be recovered from all the glory hunters/whoppers flooding into anfield with their liverworld bags full of shirts with his name on ;)

he's never gonna be anywhere near his old self and i don't expect rafa to play him unless he applies himself well in training, IF he can get himself fit then i think he will score goals, his greatest assett has always been his instinct which is something that can't be taught and he's never relied on pace

the current side is playing some of the most creative football i've seen for a long time yet our strikers are failing to put away a lot of chances, it's not been that big a problem over the past 12 games (prior to the mancs) with us averaging 2 goals a game and only conceding 3 in 12 but as was seen against the mancs our failure to make rare chances count cost us at least a point and with games coming up against arsenal (home & away) and the chavs in the next few weeks we need a natural finisher who's capable of taking the odd chance in tight games

i've always thought morientes would be the man, he's intelligent and has the experience and whilst i don't question his contribution to our build up play, his finishing has been poor, cisse has pace and power but doesn't seem to have the instinct of a natural finisher

robbie has the instinct and ability to put chances away, in this team he'll get more chances than he ever got under houllier where i felt he was always behind owen and heskey due to the counter attacking tactics, he didn't look happy when he left and he's never looked happy since (unless he's been giving the mancs the 5 finger salute) he's now back at his true home and it's up to him to get himself fit and apply himself in the correct manner, i've no doubt that if he's capable of training well then rafa and his staff will get the best out of him and he'll score some vital goal for us

as i said at the start i'm sceptical, that's because i've seen nothing from him in the 4 years since he left, he's just not looked interested most of the time but there's no doubt he has the ability and there's definatly no doubt that he loves the club, hopefully this move will re-ignite his passion

welcome home GOD

Its an incredibly clever marketing ploy....his wages will be more than made up by the shirt sales ;) (not a liverpool shirt brought since their deal with an alcoholic brand - but in a month I get two(!) :eh: )

I agree that he isn't up to his best...so I can probably see him as a bit part player. We've got an experienced player in the strikeforce who will work his heart out - and maybe the slower, passing game will suit him with his lack of pace upfront?

rockykabir said:
Its an incredibly clever marketing ploy....his wages will be more than made up by the shirt sales ;) (not a liverpool shirt brought since their deal with an alcoholic brand - but in a month I get two(!) :eh: )

I agree that he isn't up to his best...so I can probably see him as a bit part player. We've got an experienced player in the strikeforce who will work his heart out - and maybe the slower, passing game will suit him with his lack of pace upfront?

deffo think our current system will suit him better than when he played under houllier, he never had lightning pace but was capable of making darting runs in anticipation of a ball coming in but under houllier we defended so deep that we relied on counter attacking with the pace of owen and heskey's strength :lmao: so he never really stood a chance

he'll definately be a bit part player, his main qualities are in his head so i think if he can get to a decent level of fitness he'll get a few goals, if he doesn't train well then rafa won't even give him a look in so it's up to him

Your manager isn't stupid. He wouldn't get him if he thought he couldn't do a job. Fowler is home now and he loves the club. I'm sure he's gonna do well. You need players with passion.

I think he'll be a great signing....I've never seen a player so happy at signing for a club lol. If he gets his confidence back then they'll do very well.

Chubbie Fowler back at Liverpool....who'd of thought it :shock:

The prowler is back thank GOD.

Forget this bit part player business Fowler is still good enough to get regular first team action. He will get himself into shape and then will get the goals that our current strikers have been missing.

Victor is worth a last minute shout seeing as all the other targets have gone down like a lead balloon, if we do sign him both him & Fowler will be able to play in europe.

I also hear that like Victor, Andrade will not be on the plane for depor's game at the weekend...hmmm

yes it seems the Victor deal will be concluded on Sunday according to various sources like Sky and the Beeb. Andrande was linked with clubs like Chelsea and Tottenham I think?

I'll be watching Fowler with interest, hoping he'll do well. There is certainly no motivational problem for him when at Liverpool (a non GH LFC that is...) - Robbie wasn't fast at 18 and his game has never been about pace, just smart positioning and a deft touch....and to get him back on a free...eveyone's a winner (except Leeds:lol:).

Fantastic news!!!
Robbie Fowler returning back, this could be a great signing....
It brings a lump in my throat to see the lad back home again...

we've been poor today, and look very shakey on set pieces. Djibril 'Bambi on Ice' Cisse and Moro lack understanding.

We seem to be bunching up on players, 2 people going for the same ball.

Last edited:

God that was shite, I was nearly asleep during that 1st half. And Liverpool were asleep during the 2nd half

It's about time Reina had some practice....:lmao:...........that was awful, but only the result matters in this one.

I thought Cisse did well when he was pushed out to the right, Morientes on the other hand was anonymous but he did set up Riise's goal nicely.

Hopefully we can get the luck of the draw again but this time at home, I knew yesterdays game was going to be shit because of the small pitch & surface.

Hopefully Fowler will start or get a half in on wednesday night, I think that we're missing the spark of Luis Garcia aswell.

Yep Luis Garcia provides alot more creativity. Full of energy, can shoot from distance, dangerous in the box, and can move across the midfield.

Whenever Garcia has been up front just behind a striker like crouch it has worked well.

Back
Top Bottom