Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

love the avatar JJ!

Well I know Im stating the obvious, but Liverpool deserved to win.

Saying that, United showed that they still have the class to remain solid then score.

Liverpool are getting there though, I still reckon they will retain the CL cup.

Tim7 said:
You had the easiest CL group and you finished bottom!!!

It's pissing hilarious.

What is even more hilarious is why Phil Thompson cannot explain why L'pool haven't won the domestic title for 16 years whilst being the 'biggest club in Europe'.

:lmao:

Oh, I nearly forgot:

1-0.

:: JJ :: said:
Yes it fucking is so get over it!! :lol:
Are you fuckin' dumb or something? The fact that I HAVE got over it is the reason why is not funny anymore.

Why Cisse missed it?

IMO, Cisse was sleeping in the deck when the ball came to him, so within less than half a second, he had to stand-up and re-adjust his body to prepare for the shot. And yes, he should've done better, but it was difficult considering the facts.

But he had a poor game overall, so I'm dissapointed. Still in the Title Race? Heck yea :)

koolaje said:
Why Cisse missed it?

IMO, Cisse was sleeping in the deck when the ball came to him, so within less than half a second, he had to stand-up and re-adjust his body to prepare for the shot. And yes, he should've done better, but it was difficult considering the facts.

But he had a poor game overall, so I'm dissapointed. Still in the Title Race? Heck yea :)

I know what you're getting at, but a player of his quality should be putting those sort of 'easy' chances away. Liverpool should swap him for Owen. I just think Cisse isnt 'European Champions' quality.

Adonis said:
Liverpool should swap him for Owen. I just think Cisse isnt 'European Champions' quality.

I think to get Owen back again would be a mistake. I feel we have had the best of him when he was 17-21/22 and he has started developing leg injuries consistently in the last few years. Granted, he is fantastic when he's playing, but the key is to keep him injury free. A younger option (:lol: geez, what am I saying, Owen's only 25!)might be a better option. I'd quite like to give FSP a longer run in the team.

Yeah he's just isn't 'quick' anymore .. lethal yes .. but when he was 20, his pace was his asset. Don't have em anymore, and he's now fragile.

I would say Cisse gone in the summer it's not the first time he's looked clueless, can't keep justifying his place in the squad because of his pace.

antred said:
The trouble with us is that we are beating the teams up to 4th with ease, but cant get a result against the top two teams.

Some may say its a good sign of progress mate...I'll much prefer losing/drawing to the other top 3 teams (and winning the rest) rather than having some amazing result against Chelsea and then losing to Man City ;-)

At the end of the day...its three points lost and we shouldn't lose focus on the next game.

Better to have an IQ of a cheese sandwich than be a total rimjob

*leaves thread*

Did you see Gary Neville highlighted on MOTD last night for missing his badge when celebrating the goal?! L.M.A.O:lmao:

Cisse has to go, the guy seems to be more interested in looking really pissed off and changing his hair.

I wonder if we will get rid and bring in a proven goalscorer before the transfer window shuts

Cisse was out for the count when the ball came to him but he got up like a rocket.:lmao:

Too bad it was the only thing he did all game that was a tiny bit intresting.:roll:

CWright said:
Cisse has to go, the guy seems to be more interested in looking really pissed off and changing his hair.

I wonder if we will get rid and bring in a proven goalscorer before the transfer window shuts
You're bound to get Owen eventually...

I've read this questionable Robbie Fowler rumour, that we'll bring him back on a pay-as-you-play deal before the transfer window closes.

Recently he hit a very good hatrick in the FA cup & a top class finish against(ironically) manure the other week, he hasn't lost his touch, skill or finish.

I would welcome him back with open arms...

Rumours like that would always happen. I bet if someone like Sheringham started hammering in those goals, there would be rumours that Man Utd want him back.

I would love for Fowler to come back....even as a bit part player. But I doubt that'll happen under the no-nonsence Rafa (which is not completely a bad thing I s'pose).

The sad truth is...Fowler was amazing all those years back - but he's lost that edge. We were all stressed when Houillier sold him but the hard fact was that he wasn't that explosive player anymore after his injury...:(

rockykabir said:
I would love for Fowler to come back....even as a bit part player. But I doubt that'll happen under the no-nonsence Rafa (which is not completely a bad thing I s'pose).
I'd take a no nonsense Rafa over a Thierry Henry. :thumbup:

rockykabir said:
You lost me there mate....:eh: :mrgreen:
Sorry, it was a typo. I meant Robbie Fowler, not Thierry Henry. (I cant believe I got those two mixed up :lol: )

RuneEdge said:
Sorry, it was a typo. I meant Robbie Fowler, not Thierry Henry. (I cant believe I got those two mixed up :lol: )

You know...there was a time when I will easily take Fowler over today's Henry. He was absolutely sublime....his finishing was out of this world..

But things were never the same again :(

Peter Eyres said:
I wouldn't mind taking Fowler back, he's just a bit fat. Pay as you play sounds good.

I agree:

1. Fowler is my favorite player of all time.
2. Cheap.
3. Can be a great sub off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom