Alves - yes.
Agger - unsure.
Cesar - unsure.
Diana - yes...I think.
Andrade - yes.

Re: Liverpool Thread

Yesterday.....

Honours snub infuriates Liverpool
Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has criticised the omission of the club from the sporting New Year Honours.
Parry labelled the decision "little short of staggering" after Liverpool came from 3-0 down to beat AC Milan in the final of the Champions League.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4604484.stm

and now....

Liverpool poised for delayed honours recognition.
Gerrard in line for an MBE, with Benítez due an honorary OBE
It appears that Liverpool's omission from the new year's list was more cock-up than conspiracy after all.
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1684683,00.html

Last edited:

I think it's stupid what Parry said though. The cricketers were representing the country and they are all English players!

If Gerrard and Carragher want an OBE they will just have to win the bloody World Cup. If they do that then they can fucking run the country for all I care!

I think 85% of this Forum are Glory Hunters and wouldnt know a real fan if he/she come and smacked you in the face, so id like to big up all the Loyal fans :applause: and as for Liverpool fans all iv got to say is...

wallpaper44_640.jpg

djhardline said:
I think 85% of this Forum are Glory Hunters and wouldnt know a real fan if he/she come and smacked you in the face, so id like to big up all the Loyal fans :applause: and as for Liverpool fans all iv got to say is...

Ha ha ha .. very funny .. NEXT !!! :)

One of the best Liverpool games I've ever been to (and this inlcuded Istanbul, Chelsea last season, our glorious Uefa Cup campaign etc)...was when Clinton Morrison, in the build up to the match, said he was "better than Michael Owen"...and then had a nightmare in front of the Kop - including a lovely fresh air shot. Now I was sitting right up by the Palace Fans (animals - that goes for Birmingham and Newcastle fans as well...), the looks on their faces were priceless. Priceless. Swallowed a wasp comes to mind.

But I guess those ghosts are now laid to rest...now that you've knocked the Champions of Europe out of the League Cup 3rd round...you'll always have a story the kids.

How was the 2-2 draw with Crewe straight after it? Then the loss to Pig United? In fact, this League Cup defeat was the best thing that ever happened to us...not to mention that it sent us on a 10 game winning streak without conceding a goal, but it also meant that we could free up some fixtures in our season (that started in July). Overall, every cloud as a silver lining...though I suspect this cloud had more silver than most of us originally thought.

In other news...did I not say Harry Kewell was back? Cos he is. He had a great first half yesterday, but I was just about to say we should take him off yesterday when...BANG. What a goal.

Good performace all round...thugh Crouch and El Moro did little, and Riise was a joke. Mistakes are creeping into Sami's game as well...but I wouldn't drop him just yet...maybe a rest (like last season) is in order though?

Sissoko showed comittment as always - even on the RW.
Gerrard bossed in the 2nd half.
Alonso did ok.
Carragher excellent as always.
Finna did ok - nice cross.
Cisse showed hunger when he came on.

Pleased to beat 4th in the league (though I think there is no way they'll be there at the end of the season).

Milanista said:
Incase you havent notice, youre a point behind United. 2 draws is already enough to go 2nd.

we'll be 2 points in front of them with 2 games in hand next sunday ;)

Getting beat by Palace in the cup is no surprise to me - happens every 10/15 years or so - usually focusing our minds on whats important. As for Clinton Morrisson - LOL.

Great goal that yesterday. I tohught Robinson for Spurs played particularly well and his keeping, very much like Shay Given at Newcastle, covers a few deficiencies in defence.Very satisfied with Reina at the mo - when he has been called upon (frankly, very little) he has been ready. Still think he might be a little lightweight on crosses, but his positioning, speed and reading of play is excellent.

Finnan and Sissoko were fantastic :)

Gerrard, good as usual.

Riise was awful at LB. He really should play LMF and try and battle it out with Kewell for that spot.

newLok said:
why do goal keepers do 'man of the match' performances against us all the time.

lmao - so true. Someone better find out, cuz its downright infuriating watching average keepers have highlight games against us.

Would love to see Theo Walcott come to Anfield. I've only caught some highlights of him but he's looked incredible from what i've seen. Anyone else have more exposure to his prowess?

Remember how exciting Owen was when he first burst onto the scene? well that's Walcott right there, he's got tremendous pace, a great touch, skill and he is a good finisher. I would love us to sign him but that's unlikely, personally I want to see Kuyt at anfield this summer at any cost.

I'm jsut glad the lad has sense to say no what ever the money is to chelsea.

New Liverpool kits taken from Adidas brochure images during a trade fair in Malaysia

newliverpoolkit8ov.jpg

Away shirt makes me remember Benfica's adidas away 97/98 CL. What a golden times! :D

Back
Top Bottom