Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

rockykabir said:
WTF am I hearing?!
Apparently Kewell turned up today! Must be a first since his arrival :shock:

To be fair to Harry Kewell, in my opinion, he has been nothing but exceptional over the last month or so (it seemed to start when his wife was in that ITV thing). He's showing skill, pace and most importantly - the abilty to beat a man with ease and then deliver a good cross.

I was sitting in the main stand for the Newcatle game right up by the Necastle fans, watching Kewell on that left wing close up was a thing of beauty (that's his play, not his dashingly good looks).

This is the best we've seen him since he arrived.

LiverKewell.

Guys, as a Dutchman I can tell Kromkamp is a good player, but he doesn't have the technique and control to make the right choices when the pace is high and the spaces are small. He's very dynamic, can cover the complete right side with his speed and stamina. He's good at marking, but not great. His mentality is great though and he's a very social guy towards his teammates. All and all a good signing, but he probably has to get used to playing in the EPL ,which will be hard with Finnan.

Thanks for the info joostebrood.

I confess to not knowing a lot about Kromkamp. Thought he would be decent enough based on being in contenetion with the Dutch team (a time of transition though clouds some players worth), and some of the teams that were after him when he left Holland.

But that's excellent info, would you say he's anything like Zebina (a player that I see more of an athlete than a footballer - still good though), we've been linked with him as well.

I hope Zebina joins Liverpool. Hes linked with Milan heavily too, since last year.... and truthfully I think hes an imbecile. Hes got Ferdinand's awareness... random blank outs.

Yeah, he has pace and stamina but that's about it.

Haven't seen him too much this season, but watched him a bit for Roma and headless chicken sprang to mind.

I kind of hope we don't get him - hopefully, now that Kromkamp looks a cert, we wont need to bother.

Dissapointed with Allardyce, was moaning about all sorts of rubbish. Like the supposedly onside diouf. Gerrad, there was no way in hell that was on purpose, he'd have to do a scissor kick in mid air to avoid stepping on Nolan, who is infact a good mate of Gerrards.

Sissoko, well that was dangerous, and as much as I don't really like Diouf's attitude. That could of ruined his career, which is some what back on track at Bolton. I have doubts about Sissoko's rash challenges, if he can control the agrresion, (not get rid of it), he CAN be the next viera.

I can't believe how the media are focusing on the Gerrard incident rarther than Sissoko?

And yes, Reina had the ball in his hand, Hyppia kicked it out :D

Great goal from Garcia :)

Bentiez is only really playing him at Anfield as he's gives the ball away too much in away games, but hes a useful sub, playing against tired legs. His touch, reactions, and a general nuisance around the penalty area.

Last edited:

Have to agree about Gerrard - the media seem to have dragged it out for days when the real guilty party was Sissoko. Mind you, with Diouf, I'd be tempted to have a sly dig as well.:D Oh well, no bans - and I particularly like the way we came back twice - almost unheard of last season (bar the CL final in particular) and impossible under the last days of "Who?-lier".

Looks like we'll be close to signing Agger from Brondby over the weekend and now that Robert has joined Benfica it looks like Simao is next at a reduced price.

I have a feeling Benitez will make another unexpeceted signing....

Any Danes got inside knowledge on Agger (do do do)?

Only seen him play in one match, but I'm sure, like most of you, it was a match that you'd sooner forget.

I think Rafa is slighly annoyed at Benfica for the tactics employed over the Simao transfer in the summer...says he's cooling his interest in Simao - transfer tactics or true? I don't know. I would like Simao though.

from what I heard at the lfc forums, theres alot of dane supporters who rate him highly :)

Hopefully we snap up simao and gonzalez (and agger), and maybe a striker on the cheap?

That just sumed up the FA Cup

Alonsos first goal...i shouted "DONT SHOOT" then i went crazy!!!!!

what a game...absoulte CRAZY

Forgot to add...Its about time Alonso scored from his own half...he tries it almost every game!!

I wasn't able to see many full games much so today was a treat...But Kewell was quite impressive today - reminiscent of his old days in Leeds.

My mate tells me however that he played a lot better in the previous few games compared to today - but man, if he returns to form properly, that'll be incredible for the team :D

Great game - very worried at 1-3 having missed a penalty which we didn't deserve. Mind you, what a great comeback - impressive stuff - and a top quality comedy moment from Gerrard in the interview room. A MOTD Live to remember.:D

Last night had everything action, drama, heartache, controversy and comedy with Gerrard at the end. Best FA Cup game I've seen in ages. Brilliant

He's capable but he's more likely to pay off the officials so the reds don't win :roll:

Back
Top Bottom