Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

We were all over em, it was just one of them games

P*ss off Rafa .. he's playing Kewell again in the Finals .. and 4-5-1 !!
He should've bring in Crouch for Kewell and earlier .. I wonder what's his thinking when they're playing so well with 4-4-2 to change it in the last minute. Bloody I was furious.

CWright said:
We were all over em, it was just one of them games
That's true but I think São Paulo let Liverpool play, I'm sure if they wanted they could have scored another goal (and probably let Liverpool score a couple on the counter).

Funny game really with all the chances that went begging and THREE offside goals. Oh well, as long as our form doesn't dip in the league and we play like we did here I think we will have quite a good season this year.

They were playing long-balls too much and WITHOUT Crouch to be the targetmen = Lost. I believe we have now depended too much on Crouch as our main alternative of attack.

Meh, with the smattering of chances Liverpool had today, we should have won. But, sometimes the team that plays better loses, such is footy. I'm not concerned with the loss, I think Liverpool is still on the up and up.

I really did want that trophy though, credit to Sao Paolo for taking their chance well and then defending.

one of those games. . just ask Greece - they won a Euro cup with minimal chances on goal. Credit to SP for winning it.

Bottom line is we got what we deserved. Ref's potential gaffe's aside, our season-long pattern of dominating games without proper finishing came back to bite us in the ass. Better to learn it in Japan than in Europe or in England. . . some dude named Owen had a hat trick the other day. . we should TOTALLY look at buying him. :mrgreen:

Ceni played great. I thought Kewell was the most influential player in Red, and i can't imagine why Nando continues to get starts over a Cisse and Crouch pairing.

With the number of corners we were getting, there was no excuse to keep Crouchie off the pitch until the 80th minute. I love Rafa, but i swear i dont understand some of his tactics.

Can hardly wait for the game tomorrow. i dont think it'll be too easy, but i think we can take advantage of that mistake-prone defense with our guile. . whatever the fuck that means. :mrgreen:

Rafa leaves the door open for Owen to return to Anfield as a Red in the papers.

I think Soueys got some talent and they could be scary to face in 2006 if they can stay healthy.

Yeah right :) Carra is all over him now. Seems that their strategy is lop over the back 4, but they're not working. 2-0, should've been 4 or 5. Second half to go ..

Liverpool looking good to go.......it appears we are nearing the peaks we used to hit regularly fifteen years ago!! Also I have to say, Hyypia has really impressed me with his form over the past couple of months. Who said he was slowing down and past it? The Spanish players seem to have finally settled - and in the past couple of weeks notably Morientes who, despite being slower than Josemi (I'm faster than that!) has shown some exquisite first touches.

Last edited:

Terrible decisions from the ref. Bowyer sent off for nowt and both Crouch and Gerrard should've been sent-off for raised hands. Funny to see Gerrard get annoyed by someone going into a challenge which wasn't even a foul for me and certainly not the 'two-footed lunges' that old Stevo comes out with.

Mind you never got much time for old Peness!! :mrgreen:

FD

fishcake said:
come on red men lets have these blue bastards :mrgreen:
Well, we had 'em.:mrgreen: .....So much so that they threw their toys out of the pram and ended up with only 9 on the pitch!

crayon said:
All we need now is for Everton to lose 0-4 again next week!:lol:

They are away at Sunderland next, you never know tho ;)

moyescardi9xh.jpg

bet your not feeling so smug now gollum?

best team on merseyside my arse

Reds to swap Josemi for Kromkamp

_41167070_kromkamp_203x152.jpg
Kromkamp has yet to agree personal terms with Liverpool

Dutch international Jan Kromkamp is set to join Liverpool from Villareal in an exchange deal which will see right-back Josemi move in the opposite direction.
The 25-year-old Dutchman, who can play in midfield or defence, will tie up the deal if he agrees personal terms.

Lets be honest, anyone is gonna be better than Josemi - which is getting me a lil suspicious about this deal.....why would Villareal wanna get rid of him and take in Josemi?

Back
Top Bottom