Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

As long as the team keeps winning I couldn't give a monkeys if Crouch scores or not, thank god Xabi back

Xabi is apparenlty Spanish for Joe Montana. Absolutely sublime passes on both goals. It was unreal.

I wondered why Stevie G wasnt placed on the right sooner in the season, until a capabel replacement was found, and it seems to work well.

Xabi controls the game. Stevie terrorizes on the flank and roves to the middle to create mismatches without stepping on Xabi's toes. Works well.

Look at the top 4. Usual suspects. If Chelski werent gajillionaires, imagine how fun this race would be.

Wigan's feeling the heat now, losing last 2 games, but against Arsenal and Tottenham.

I hope Cisse stays .. but how many times have we said that?

CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Thank heavens for that! A good result to boot. We might have lost a game like that last season. Glad to see some of the old magic returning. Unbeaten in six and a few clean sheets to boot. Couldn't be happier. ........oh, and Everton near the bottom!:D

TIMMY! By God he's finally done it...

Great result another clean sheet...I can't remember when was the last time we were in second it's been that long.

Sabac Red said:
TIMMY! By God he's finally done it...

Great result another clean sheet...I can't remember when was the last time we were in second it's been that long.

LMAO! HE does look like "TIMMY!" from South Park. Post a pic. This is uncanny!

Man, i dont think i ever celebrated goals from a player as much as i did on Saturday. Crouch deserved all of it and more. Great kid. Proud to have him on the team I support. Really got teary watching him celebrate, and found myself more exhilirated than i have been since Dudek stopped a certain penalty kick in Istanbul. I love that goofy fuck! Long may the legend of Crouch live.

Didnt watch the Chelski game, but its quite impressive to hold them scoreless over 4 games in Europe. Nice to grab the top spot in the group and avoid Barca.

Bring it on.

ghazi said:
LMAO! HE does look like "TIMMY!" from South Park. Post a pic. This is uncanny!

crouchy.jpg

CROUCHYYYYY!! LIVIN' A LIE! LIVIN' A LIE!

JayM said:
Any news if Crouch is still claiming that first goal? :|

why shouldn't he claim it? as far as liverpool are concerned crouch scored twice on saturday

it was on target and took a deflection but was still on target, if the keeper wasn't there it would've gone in, the keeper got his hand to it but fucked up so it's crouch's goal

there was no dispute about john terry's goal at the weekend (nothing personal, just one of the best examples thats fresh in my mind) which rochembach kicked against his standing leg causing it to deflect into the net (ie: he deflected the ball away from goal before deflecting it back in)

also rooney's goal against switzerland in 2004 which hit the post and was going away from goal until it hit the keeper and was deflected back in

it's all down to the media, they've made so much of crouch not scoring and built it up before every game, if he'd had a few goals before the first against wigan nobody would've given a fuck about it, because it was his first and has taken a long time some people within the media have tried to make a story out of it, if thats an own goal then the majority of goals where the 'keeper gets his hands to it are own goals as well, same goes for deflections, if that happened then fat fuckin frank and joe cole would only score 1 or 2 a season

None of the 3 goals you mentioned should count, the fact is any other keeper in the league would have saved that shot, not pushed it in to his own net. :|

if crouch isnt given the first goal ...then half of lampards goals are not scored by him

we're looking good now

glad to see us playing some sexy football.

even kewell chips in with it now and again.

as much as i hate garcia, i think he should come on with 20mins to go every game, his tricks seem to work then. Cisse is shite, so cocky and arrogant. he seems to think he is bigger than the club, when josemi is bigger than him.

kevano22 said:
we're looking good now

glad to see us playing some sexy football.

even kewell chips in with it now and again.

as much as i hate garcia, i think he should come on with 20mins to go every game, his tricks seem to work then. Cisse is shite, so cocky and arrogant. he seems to think he is bigger than the club, when josemi is bigger than him.

Agree with you there. Garcia just doesn't seem to be cut out for regular prem football. He has his tricks here and there but he doesn't perform the full 90 unfortunately.

Although the teams we played were relatively easy, I'm sure we would have lost/drawn a few of those games last year - which is a good sign. Mori scoring is good news as well - lets hope its a beginning of a run :mrgreen:

We are looking bloody good at the moment. It seems the team is really starting to gel as a unit, apart from Cisse that is ;)

Yea, Liverpool is beginnng to catch on now and having a small soft spot for them i must say i'm happy to see them second on the table. Regarding Cisse though i don't know what the general Liverpool perception of him is but striker wise i think he is probably better than Crouch and Mori and Liverpool shouldn't loose him.
Ok, he moans about being dropped but the fact is i think he gives Liverpool pace up front. Crouch is tall (obviously) and can hold the ball well, Mori is more of a potcher type striker. Cisse has pace and can break away from the oponents defence really quick and he's more powerful and atheltic than Crouch and Mori. I really hope Liverpool don't loose him despite his moans and groans because to be honest Crouch and Mori have only just started to score.

Do people really think Liverpool would still go after Owen? Rafa might have said that he tried to get him in the last minute in the summer but I think he's just bullshitting to the media. My only concern is the cover for Carragher and Hyypia these two have been outstanding and if one gets injured were screwed.
7 wins 7 clean sheets Morientes and Crouch scoring things are looking good :D

Yep everything is coming together now the team is playing for each other, the rotation system the also includes playing playing in different positions seems to finally come good also.

I seriously don't want to lose Cisse, there's been speculation that Spurs will make a bid for him come january if they want to throw Defoe(yes he hasn't scored for quite a bit but he's a much better striker than Cisse) into the equation then that might be worth listening to.

It seems the Simao deal looks like a no go now, hopefully Rafa will turn he's attention to Malbranque, Srna is another player.

Fuck fuck fuckety fuck Zenden is out for the whole season with cruciate knee damage, just when he was starting to produce.

p.s. Under Rafa Owen will never come back.

Back
Top Bottom