Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I defintely think cisse should be given more of a chance and im not talking on the right wing im talking upfront for a good couple of games and if he dont produce then take him out and bring in either crouch or morientes. I think its dangerous rotating strikers as they can lose confidence easy. You score a goal in game and then next game your not playing, you think whats the point in playing well if im not gonna play in next game.

im not too bothered about Zenden being out.

I want to see Kewell start to play like he used to. Especially with the world cup coming up, he is going to want to impress for his country so hopefully he will get better as the season goes on.

I think our most under-rated player is Finnan.

He is awesome at right back, never gives possesion away, gets forward all the time and can even cross the ball!

kevano 22 - I agree with you. Finnan is class. Gotta watch we don't get too many yellow cards a la Sissoko.

The balance looks good, even with rotation.

Let's hope the "break" with going to Tokyo, doesn't hit them too hard when they get back.

Finnan has been great lately, and his consistency in crossing is duly noted. Can you imagine how much closer to Chelski we would be if we had a bonafide scorer who could've put away some of those gimme's in our first 8 games?!

Good to see Nando's brace.

I loved Cisse's attitude last year, but dunno about him anymore. . .part of me wants him starting 8 games in row (as striker!) to let him get comfy and see what he'll do, but the other part of me thinks we should deal him to Spurs and try to pry away Defoe (dont think they'd ever do that, though.:mrgreen: ).

Still find myself blown away that we refused to make a serious attempt for Solano, one of the best crossers in the PL and he was there for a steal of a transfer fee.

Ih. by the way. . WE"RE IN SECOND, BITCHES! \\:o/

Solano hasnt been great for newcastle this season. I liked him a few years back but i think he is passed his best now.

the future is bright, the future is Pennant.

kevano22 said:
Solano hasnt been great for newcastle this season. I liked him a few years back but i think he is passed his best now.

the future is bright, the future is Pennant.

Oh - dont get me wrong. I would love to see Pennant in red, but i doubt Birmingham would part with him. And Solano is certainly past his prime, but his accurate crosses would be a welcome addition with Moro's and Crouch's aerial dominance.

I think i read somewhere that we have only scored one goal off a header that came from a cross on the right this season. . is that correct?!:shock:

Very good performance by Liverpool today Crouch could have scored a hat-trick, Cisse played well, two superbly struck volleys, another clean sheet and a new defensive record, damn I love this club! :D Sao Paulo should be an entertaining game especially with the keeper they've got

2 for Crouch, 1 for Gerrard. It was a piece of piss though really

easy win, was bricking it late on though even though we were 3-0 up hoping we'd keep a clean sheet and set a new club record

heard today the world record is 14 consecutive clean sheets set by athletico madrid in 1990-91, i can't see us equaling or breaking it as our next 3 games are sao paulo on sunday, newcastle at home (hope owen isn't fit ;) ) and then everton at the pit, if we do manage to equal it then our 15th game will be against west brom at anfield

Just watched it on the old video. How good was that second goal by Gerrard???!!!! We payed some really satisfying football today. It was good to see. Also, what a difference a couple of weeks has made to Crouch.Fantastic.:D

Have to recognize that the Reds played a great match, although the opponent was very weak... The final will be a great game, like every World Club Championship final should be...

fishcake said:
i can't see us equaling or breaking it as our next 3 games are sao paulo on sunday, newcastle at home (hope owen isn't fit ;) ) and then everton at the pit
I'm not too worried about the barcodes at Anfield or the bluenoses away. I think the real test is on Sunday, most Brazilian teams philosophy is forget defence we'll score more goals than you and Sao Paulo have talent in abundance add their keeper Ceni to that equation who is more than useful at set-pieces.

MO_DINERO said:
I'm not too worried about the barcodes at Anfield or the bluenoses away. I think the real test is on Sunday, most Brazilian teams philosophy is forget defence we'll score more goals than you and Sao Paulo have talent in abundance add their keeper Ceni to that equation who is more than useful at set-pieces.

yeah i expect to concede a goal or 2 on sunday, wouldn't mind too much losing the run to a ceni free kick as long as we win :)

Nice!!! Can't wait for this game...

2 of the biggest teams of all time, with simmilar paths (getting back to top) in the past few years.

I'm sure we'll get a few top players in january...

airjoca said:
I guess i'll be checking this thread more regularly now then... :)

lol - welcome aboard then. Should be interesting to see if Simao scores, whether he will celebrate or apologize. :mrgreen:

And while i am here lemme add a couple things -

RIP to Rafa's dad, who passed away> You'll Never Walk Alone, pappy. :applause: Kudos to Rafa, who cannot get a flight to Spain in time for the funeral for some reason, and stays with the team, despite the toll this has to take on him. The man is class and i think his serenity and humbleness have really helped this team come together and learn to accept playing roles that are required, rather than desired.

Also, how bout that Crouchie?? What a volley v Saprissa. I love that lanky bastard!

Why would we want stevie when we have beto??? hehehe
Now seriously, i don't think we'd need gerard (with petit and m.fernandes) but i wouldn't mind having luis garcia.
About simao...i don't mind seeing him leave, as long as we get at least the 20million euros.
Now let's leave this tread for liverpool fans...at least until the game against GLORIOSO SLB!

Back
Top Bottom