Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Good player I've seen him a couple times for Holland I was impressed.

Unexpected signing, but Rafa said how he was going to wheel & deal in the transfer market to make the right signings and hopefully he does because they'll be very important for the second half of the season. Hopefully he won't cock it up like Houllier.

We'll also be having a look at Saprissa's right sided player Bolanos on trial next week.

just back from a long vacation, got to watch quite a few liverpool
games on TV. Really impressed with our team now.
A few more signings and we should make a strong challenge in the
new year for the CL and League.

anyone know what Kromkamp is like?
is he quality...or jsut another promising player?

Not adidas...purleeease.....I remember that really horrible v-neck they had for around the 1996 period....yuk....

It may not look that bad:

060823ri.jpg

(Mock Kit created by Lazy.Boy in RedandWhite Kop)

So the trend remains!

All five Teams with that special Champions League badge are sponsored by Adidas:

Liverpool, AC Milan, Ajax, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich

I would have liked us being sponsored by Umbro tho....they make some original kits unlike the template trash so evident these days :(

It will defiantely be interesting to see how the new kit looks next season

Though strangely the story hasnt made the Official website

RuneEdge said:
When does the current kit contract run out?

I don't think its for a while yet. But as Chris said, the takeover of Reebok by Adidas has something to do with it. As far as I know, Reebok still remains as a brand name but all their assets are under Adidas.

I don't blame Adidas picking out Liverpool....I think they'll allow Bolton tho :) (....ouch)

Hope they make a decent sew on/embroidered badge unlike the cheap placcy print ones on the away (white) and champs league kit....:(

From what I read our current kit contract expires at the end of the season so we will be in our new one next season

yeah, reina dodgy apparently.

i caught the diouf goal, he handled it into the goal.

turned it off just before the garcia goal, oh well.

ill catch it on MOTD

last season, we would have lost this fixture no doubt. Cisse even hit the post with 5 mins to go

It was a battling draw thats for sure, but a draw against Bolton at the Reebok aint too bad a result

Watched the game, Bolton can feel a little agrieved - definitely had 2 penalty shouts in teh first half, second one was in my book absolutely a penalty. Ball may have come off Diouf's arm for second goal but no way on earth was it a hand ball, he was falling over reina and it deflected off the two of them like ping pong balls.

Pool hadn't created anything until Gerrard's penatly, which was amazingly stupid defending. Then its true cisse went close (no post though) and Garcia's goal was impressive, but those were the only chances. And sissoko played like essien, a very lucky boy to walk off the pitch as a sub not red carded...

yep i was saying that before to my dad, we have an essien in Sissoko.

missed the first half but i just caught Carrgher hack nolan down on MOTd, that was a definite penalty.

Also, and i know youll all say rotation, but id rather a tired riise, alonso and Cisse played than Traore, Hamann and Pongolle?!

Tired ppl won't do the team any good. During the WBA game, all of the ppl are tired, you can see that they don't have that usual game on.

I didn't watch the last game, but Reina has been good during the streak, so hearing him flapping a shot is surprising.

Pongolle looked like a little boy lost today by what I could tell on MOTD. Always seemed to be on his arse. Reina could have been better protected for the first goal, but that type of situation can be rectified by lots of practice in training sessions.

Carragher got away with a certain penno, Gerrard didn't mean to step on to Nolan, just fell on him as he was trying to move his feet away. Sissoko..hmmph

The double teaming on Crouch is so funny to watch. Everytime the ball is coming in his direction in the air, theres two defenders climbing all over him.

Who does Fat Head Allardyce think he is?

I've despised the guy for some time now. Always sprouting nonsense about nothing. The best was when he said 'he invented Chelsea's tactics'. It's nothing but moan, moan from his fat head.

I can't beleive his he considered so highly, I lost respect a long time ago for him, I hope his recent outbursts and pitch fixing scandal enlighten the rest of us (most notable the media) into his sickening ways.

I never though I'd be saying this, but I agree with that crazy old fool in charge of United (not to mention his views on the Geordie Tramps).

Go home Fat Head Sam...having watched the game on the Internet yesterday (only go to home games for me, don't want to go to Bolton), your team did nothing but cheat and dive - YOU, telling Gary Speed to go down in the last minutes was disgusting. I don't hate Bolton, I like the fans, I like some fo the players, but Allardyce, you have crossed the line, and sooner or later, you'll be found out.

"We've matched them pound for pound when we have not right to do it. We put out a bunch of cast-offs and they had a side bought for a lot of money.

"We cannot compete skill-wise, but we can on technique, discipline, fitness and organisation. We upset other managers and teams because they can't cope with how well we do with limited resources."

Allardyce has just called his own players cast offs and said they lack skill. We didnt pay that much for our players either.

I used to think Allardyce was ok, but he's just another bolton tosser. HOW can he moan about the gerrard tackle, if you see it in real time you can see gerrard jumps out the way, and nolan falls under him.

sissoko though :D good man, he did what every liverpool fan wanted to do on Diouf

I think the draw was a harsh result on Bolton, couple of penalty shouts, some dodgy offside calls.

Gerrard didn't mean to stamp on Nolan but I think he could have done a bit more to get out of the way and maybe not have put all his weight down. :p

Although Reina flapped at the ball he was going to catch it before Hyppia kicked it out of his hands.

Back
Top Bottom