Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

1-0 to us at half time, good goal by Morientes. We deserve to be a couple in front at least tho, Anderlecht aint done nothing in our half

One thing remains to be dealt with - Kewell (the mercenary) needs to be got rid of.....and his hair-do could too! Only by good fortune did Cisse get that ball, as he should have been given it on the run before. Good goals though, I was impressed, although we still have to get around the back of teams. Today's goals were all from the front so to speak.

crayon said:
One thing remains to be dealt with - Kewell (the mercenary) needs to be got rid of.....and his hair-do could too! Only by good fortune did Cisse get that ball, as he should have been given it on the run before.

Give him a chance atleast for this season plus we all know the ability he posess, he's only just got back from surgery and hasn't played much minutes of football he is nowhere near match fit or sharp(the shot he dragged at the end showed that).

No Cisse did good to check his run because he ran way too early as he does....

Great goal for Morientes last night wicked first touch...now back to the league, we should dispose of Villa...of course that all comes down to Rafa picking a strong team and Baros playing shit.

Anyone else find it completely ironic that Baros actually plays with his head up this year and has made some nice passes and assists to teammates. It's absurd!

ghazi said:
Anyone else find it completely ironic that Baros actually plays with his head up this year and has made some nice passes and assists to teammates. It's absurd!

I think O Leary fitted him with a neck brace in training for 2 weeks so he couldnt look down, now its force of habit :)

Wonder why didn't Rafa tried that trick? He must've trained his spanish bulldog like that before ... :P

Alright. .here's something that's been on my mind for a few months but it really came clear to me in the WestHam game - is it just me or is the quality of passing and fluidity of this team the best you've seen in years.

I know our finishing has been woeful this year and we're not getting the points we desire. But i routinely see this team outplay, outpass and outdictate their opponents. Some of the combo passing i have seen has really been great to see.

. . or am i on crack?

I think your spot on, ever since Rafa took charge the team has played some beautiful football e.g. the games against Arsenal, Fulham (last year), Monaco, Juventus etc...

There's still plenty of room for improvement but the majority of this season's games Liverpool have dominated and came away with less then what they've deserved

...Or am I also on crack? ;)

Yes you are both on crack ;)

Our passing game upto a point has been great but its just that final ball into the box at times that evades our lone striker, I guess that as we get used to the system that Rafa now has us playing the goals will come.

Either that or he should shove his 451 up his ass and get back to 442 as soon as possible.

And on a completely OT note, Happy Birthday to regular thread contributor rockykabir

Its gotta be 4-4-2 all the way for me, i think we play a lot better football with that formation and create plenty more chances. To be fair though, i don't think our league position reflects the way we've played this season, i think we've actually played better this year.

Another point is that Garcia is great in the CL, but when it comes to the hustle-and-bustle of the Premiership he just ain't up to it.

CWright said:
Either that or he should shove his 451 up his ass and get back to 442 as soon as possible.

The ass being the prefereable option.:lol:

Happy birthday, rockyabir.\\:o/

omg, one of the worst games i've ever seen in my whole life, no technique, everytime stupid long passes etc. horrible game till now ...

MO_DINERO said:
I think your spot on, ever since Rafa took charge the team has played some beautiful football e.g. the games against Arsenal, Fulham (last year), Monaco, Juventus etc...

There's still plenty of room for improvement but the majority of this season's games Liverpool have dominated and came away with less then what they've deserved

...Or am I also on crack? ;)

agree with you about not getting what we deserved, 'boro & birmingham should have been won, spurs could've gone either way but we had enough chances to win it, fulham wasn't great but if it wasn't for a couple of great saves from warner we'd have got a point at least, the 2 home games we've dropped points in i didn't expect to win anyway but i've seen teams come to anfield and play better than chelsea did and not win

not a great performance today but we were probably the better team apart from a 5-10 minute spell after angel came on, we got lucky with the penalty and i thought it was dodgy but the ref gave it so fuck it we won :lol:

we've got a decent run of games now until we play the mancs on jan 21st so i just hope we can keep the winning run going

Fishcake - I just have to comment on your latest avatar.....that is the coolest one I've seen here. Where did you get it?

CWright said:
And on a completely OT note, Happy Birthday to regular thread contributor rockykabir

crayon said:
Happy birthday, rockyabir.\\:o/

hey hey! thanks guys :D

A gift of a win yesterday....but Alan Hansen summed it up perfectly for us on MOTD -

Cisse - fast and pacey but no technique
Crouch - plenty of technique but no pace
Mori - used to be capable of all but with no confidence at the moment

We really need a class winger to fix our finishing problems! We had a short periods of sublime passing play yesterday - but we just can't seem to finish them off. The story of our season so far :(

Last edited:

crayon said:
Fishcake - I just have to comment on your latest avatar.....that is the coolest one I've seen here. Where did you get it?

from red and white kop

it's a massive banner we're getting made

We need 3/4 players come january, a CB, RW, a creative midfielder and a striker.

Ever since letting Murphy go we've lacked a midfielder who can supply that killer short pass along the floor...someone like Malbranque would be a good option but we'd probably have to wait til the summer.

Rafa needs to look at loaning someone in if our strikers keep misfiring, I still have faith that Cisse will bag a load of goals this season...how's Henrik Larsson doing at Barcelona...?

fishcake said:
from red and white kop

it's a massive banner we're getting made

amazing banner. I'd like a poster of that.

Fishcake, what's youre screename on RAWK?

Happy Birthday RockyKabir. I'd ask how old you are but i'd just get depressed if i found out. lol. Lie to me and tell me you're 40.

Best wishes, bro.

Signinings wise, I think Malbranque would be a quality signing, can play on the wing and in the centre, or behind the strikers.

Crouch isn't good enough. There a far better 'post players' :p like Koller, who can actually score, Kovacevic, Kuyt etc. Cisse isn't good enough either. Never inspires confidence in front of goal. He has pace but can't use it to go round peope. I agree, we should look out for some shrewd loan signings.

We do miss Murphy indeed. One of the under-rated players in the premiership.

Sabac Red said:
how's Henrik Larsson doing at Barcelona...?

Excuse me .. but are we that desperate?

I'd rather we bring back Owen instead of that old guy :)

Oh .. he's living well in Newcastle .. darn ..

Thank you ghaz......I've kinda gone to that stage where I'm feelin a bit iffy about saying my age so don't worry!

American investment is being discussed \\:o/- as long as they don't mess around with the renowned stability of the Board, I'm happy! - we really need the dough :shock:

Back
Top Bottom