Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I'm not saying that Simao is better - just saying that it might be more easy for him to fit into the team. Joaquin is already considered as some sort of superstar (with most of the major teams willing to pay top bucks for him) so of course there will be some arrogance there!

rockykabir said:
EDIT: So, are we gonna restart the Liverpool Thread like Arsenal and Chelski? :eh:

Nah, its fine as it is :)

Looks like Stevie won't be out for 3 weeks but he will miss the Blackburn game. . . . .anyone else smell a draw? :mrgreen:

CWright said:
Nah, its fine as it is :)
Our threads stay they way they are cuz unlike other teams, Liverpool and Man Utd can stand the test of time and are still big clubs. ;)

I do love my club BUT sometimes I think our recent managers struggle to see the wood through the trees, if you know what I mean. Altho today without Riise, Hyypia, Gerrard, Garcia etc, it seems we need to go to 4-4-2 to get goals. I feel a 0-0 every week recently. If it goes on too long the critics will dig in their nails. The curse of Houllier?

Morientes just needs to find his form, otherwise i am sure he can finish chances like he got when Riise took the rocket shot.

Well atleast Benitez went for an attacking formation and started off with Cisse.

He may be a bit like Andy Cole misses 5 chances before burying one in, but he got us the three points and gave us an attacking edge that we've lacked.

Crouch has done good for us but he hasn't been much of a goal threat, Morientes on the other just lacks confidence big time I still reckon he will get goals along with cisse.

Cisse is set to start tomorrow v Anderlecht. I like seeing him get a solid run of games to get his groove going.

Same here. What strikers fear most is the bench. They only get their feel back by minutes on the pitch.Wish they'd have all their crap games in the reserves first though, although these days these professional babies (for that's what they are - with larger toys in their prams, of course) scream "I'm off!" if they are left out. .....btw, can you tell I've had a bad day?

The Lord scores again and what a goal it was, this is great Cisse is giving Benitez a proper headache now because he's gonna have start with & use him more now that he's scoring goals. 12 goals so far including internationals.

WTF!?! we've signed Gonzalez, the permit seems to be sorted out and i'm guessing that he's been a player of ours all along or Alcabete released him?!?!?

Do you guys think he will score on the weekend, i need it for some betting. Because i know Liverpools away form isnt that great.

Sabac Red said:
WTF!?! we've signed Gonzalez, the permit seems to be sorted out and i'm guessing that he's been a player of ours all along or Alcabete released him?!?!?

I'm surprised this all happened outside the January window. No mention of a price so there must be some sort of loophole there.

I think he is still injured though. The guy must be really good if Rafa him even though he is in the recovering stages from cruciate knee ligament damage. I have to say though - I never heard of him before we shown interest :eh:

:lol: :lol:

Cisse Admits Hitting Boy On Head

A Liverpool footballer has admitted hitting a 15-year-old boy and accepted a police caution for assault.

The teenager told police he was struck on the head by Frenchman Djibril Cisse, 24, at a park in the Docklands area of east London, on 30 September.

It is understood Cisse was filming an advert featuring a mock-up of a match between France and England when the boy appeared to try to shake hands.

Instead, the boy put his thumb to his nose and wiggled his fingers. :lol:

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said the caution was for common assault and no further action would be taken.

Cisse joined the European Champions in 2004 for £14m.

_40010718_djibrilcisse203_body.jpg

Pesky Kids

Last edited:

Sulph said:
Do you guys think he will score on the weekend, i need it for some betting. Because i know Liverpools away form isnt that great.

Undefeated away from home! :mrgreen:

rockykabir said:
I'm surprised this all happened outside the January window. No mention of a price so there must be some sort of loophole there.

I think he is still injured though. The guy must be really good if Rafa him even though he is in the recovering stages from cruciate knee ligament damage. I have to say though - I never heard of him before we shown interest :eh:

He can only join after the January window IF he either gets a work
permit or Euro-passport.
The reason they decided to sign him permanently rather than a loan
was because he has recovered well from his long-term injury.
His nickname is "Speedy Gonzalez"....thanks to his electric pace
down the wings.

Sabac Red said:

the deal was more or less done before he got injured (cruciate knee injury which is why we didn't sign a permanent deal), then we decided to take him on loan to make sure he got over it ok but his work permit was refused (because chile aren't in the top 70 teams) during the summer otherwise he would have been with us now

now he's just about recovered from his injury the deal has finally been done, i'm not sure if we'll see him in january or not, i've heard liverpool can't appeal for a work permit again until the summer but in the liverpool echo last week it said they would be applying again before january, whatever happens gonzalez gets a european passport next year and will be able to join us no matter what next summer

Rafa needs to stop rotating so heavily, we're not exactly flying high are we...?

shit.

atleast Kewell played good.

Well. . it wasnt the bday present i was hoping for. . . but i am kinda glad. I go on the fan boards and you should hear the shite some of these fans say. . talking about how we're one of the top 3 teams despite our record.

The fact of the matter is that we finished 37 points off the pace last year, and other than Momo Sissoko, i dont think we got any signings that could really help us bridge that gap. . even then, Momo is one man in a mifield position that is nicely marshalled with the players we had anyway.

We didnt get the pacey right winger we needed, and we didnt get the defensive stalwart we needed. Rafa insists on rotating players and using a system that has produced a paltry return of goals. (I assume they played the 4-5-1 again cuz i heard Cisse was on the wing again).

Anyway, we needed a reality check. Maybe this will get the board to kick some cash out and land some players in the winter window.

We played 4-3-3 with Cisse and kewell on the wings and Morientes in the middle. It was the worst game of the season so far and what pissed me off the most was Fulham played shite as well

Back
Top Bottom