Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Oh boy blackburn .. I hope Carra'll handle Hellamy while Hyppie does the rest. Hyppia looks so old yesterday, poor him ..

What a collapse. . especially in a game that we spent large moments looking dominant. . .lol. . story of the season.

Well, we got we deserved by not getting a right winger and a solid centerback before the window slammed shut. Crouch can't get proper service and Sami's getting old as we speak. Traore. . well. . he's Traore, and its clear how i feel about him.

Still, you just have to think that if Rafa would play more Cisse and less Garcia domestically, thereby giving Crouch a solid strike partner, then the goals might start coming. I feel like we're on the verge of putting some goals away. . . aren't we? :(

C'mon, García is so important in the team. I'd rather play with Cissé as a winger than leave Luis out. Why doesn't Morientes play?

I would like to see a 4-4-2 with Cisse and Crouch together, i feel this could be effective... our only problems are our lack of quality wingers. Maybe Riise on the left, Gerrard and Alonso in the middle and probably Garcia on the right (even though i don't like him much, we haven't any better options).

How i wish that the Simao deal went through.

Traore - I actually thought he was getting better. I guess one never really finds out until the BIG games....:(

Yeh he was awful yesterday, and didn't impress me much on wednesday either. I think we should give Warnock a run, he has played well since he has come into the team at left-back, and is more consistent than Traore.

What is all this bollocks about Crouch being ready for the England squad - I would pick Defoe or Bent over him any day! Crouch is a lanky streak of piss.

ninjabreakz said:
What is all this bollocks about Crouch being ready for the England squad - I would pick Defoe or Bent over him any day!

Oh yeah cos putting two very similar strikers up front will solve all problems(!) :roll:

Have you considered applying for the England job mate? - coz a tactical wizard such as yourself is exactly what we need!

rockykabir said:
Oh yeah cos putting two very similar strikers up front will solve all problems(!) :roll:

Have you considered applying for the England job mate? - coz a tactical wizard such as yourself is exactly what we need!

I would prefer Heskey to Crouch at the moment.

Ninja, with Becks on fire from the wing lately, and Sven likely going to a 4-4-2 again, i think you'll be surprised by what Crouchie can do with proper service to his head from the wing, and a layoff striker alongside him as well.

Even some of his biggest detractors have changed their tune after his displays. After JC and Gerrard, i would say he has been our most consistent performer, IMO. His lack of goals is alot to do with Rafa's system and the lack of quality wingers.

Hyypia had spent 24 hours in his sickbed and had not eaten all weekend before having to step out against Drogba and his unbeaten Chelsea team-mates at Anfield on Sunday.

It begs the question as to why he started the game then, are we that short of players?!

Yeh, Benitez left it too late to try and bring in players, and its ended up backfiring on him and the team. Its annoying that we haven't brought no real world-class quality into the team after winning the Champions League, its not like we're short of funds or anything is it?

Problem is, on the other hand, people see CL winners and put their price up accordingly.

The sad thing is that when people put up prices for Chelsea, Man Utd etc, its because they know they can get more than they first expected. But unlike those teams, Liverpool cant afford it. And we saw this when you failed to get Owen.

I think the great news for you guys is that you attacked really well against Chelsea and that same kind of offence against another Premiership team would most likely get you the win.

Yeh, we kinda played right into Chelsea's hands though, and gave them several opportunities to break at us and it paid dividends for them. If our defence was a bit more solid (particularly Hyppia and Traore) then we might've held them off well enough to snatch something from that match.

To start with Liverpool's problem with the lack of players,they never got their centreback cover in time.Hyypia was all over the place against Chelsea and isnt getting any younger.Traore is shite,Warnock is unproven,Josemi is dubious at times and I only rate Finnan as he is better amongst others.Carragher alone isnt enuff to hold the backline together.I feel you scousers for once as losing 1-4 at home is really really bad,that too against chelsea.Its us,the world against chelsea remember?

Stasman said:
its not like we're short of funds or anything is it?

Actually we are short...

Benitez only had a supposed £25-£30m to spend on players.

Crouch - £7M(we used the Baros money to pay the transfer off)
Sissoko - £5M(leading up to six through appearances and so on)
Reina - £6M

and we we're going blow the rest on Simao & a defender costing around the region of £5M.

As for other defenders we've got Whitbread who should step up this season, finally Kewell will be back in the squad most probably the first team once he gets going and maybe Benitez can modify the system.

We still had more than enough to find adequate centre-back cover/partner for Carra (should coss around £3-6m) and a world-class winger (about £10-15m).

Our squad isn't much (if at all) better than last seasons, so why are we expecting to put up a serious title challenge?

I am still fuming over not attemtping to get Solano for an affordable 1.5 million transfer fee. That is less than 10 times the amount we'd pay for Joaquin (who is also Euro cup tied) and who, IMO, doesnt cross as well as Solano.

Obviously the Spaniard is a talented nightmare to face, but if we'd bought Solano, we'd have proper service, could still stretch the field, and save enough for a solid defender.

. . have we learned nothing from PES Master LEague? :mrgreen:

ghazi said:
I am still fuming over not attemtping to get Solano for an affordable 1.5 million transfer fee. That is less than 10 times the amount we'd pay for Joaquin (who is also Euro cup tied) and who, IMO, doesnt cross as well as Solano.

Obviously the Spaniard is a talented nightmare to face, but if we'd bought Solano, we'd have proper service, could still stretch the field, and save enough for a solid defender.

. . have we learned nothing from PES Master LEague? :mrgreen:

While I agree, I do feel that Rafa's refusal to pay over the top for players will help us in the long run. Currently, Liverpool can't afford to buy the top players in the world at top prices... it sucks, but it's true.

I'd prefer for Rafa to take his time and buy "team" players that can fit into his system. No one is going to outspend Chelsea to beat them to the Premier League Crown... it's going to take a better "team" to beat Chelsea's better individuals. It looks like that is Rafa's approach (and Wenger's as well) and I hope it works.

He's going to have to find a winger that doesn't cost too much... I have no idea why Solano didn't fit, perhaps Solano just refused to come to Liverpool and would only go to Newcastle?

EatonTJ said:
While I agree, I do feel that Rafa's refusal to pay over the top for players will help us in the long run. Currently, Liverpool can't afford to buy the top players in the world at top prices... it sucks, but it's true.

I'd prefer for Rafa to take his time and buy "team" players that can fit into his system. No one is going to outspend Chelsea to beat them to the Premier League Crown... it's going to take a better "team" to beat Chelsea's better individuals. It looks like that is Rafa's approach (and Wenger's as well) and I hope it works.

He's going to have to find a winger that doesn't cost too much... I have no idea why Solano didn't fit, perhaps Solano just refused to come to Liverpool and would only go to Newcastle?

I agree - i hate paying over the top. Which is why Solano was an affordable and PROVEN asset in the league. He was already voted his team's MVP, and had expressed interest in Liverpool. Further, his accuracy from the right side of the field on deep passes is as good as any in the league that i can think of, if not better. With a target like Crouchie and a player like Morientes, i would assume that Solano was a steal at that price.

Just read in a Portuguese paper, Liverpool offering 10M Euros plus Cissé for Joaquim... Is it true?

Between Simão and Joaquin, and given the fact that you need someone to play as RMF, Joaquim is the best choice. Simão plays a lot better on the left.

Rafa denies interest
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4315584.stm

I'm guessing Rafa is looking for players that are willing to learn to adapt within the team...and (rightly so) he seems to doubt that he'll get that from the young, party-wild and fairly arrogant Joaquin. TBH, from what I heard about Simao, I reckon he'll fit into the team quite well..

Or he could be fibbing all along and is actually interested but doesn't want the extra media attention...?

I wouldn't mind seeing both Simao & Joaquin at the club(even if that means Cisse being the makewieght...) then we would seriously be able to stretch teams.

But i'd like to see Simao come in first because of his versatility.

Lets not forget Mark Gonzalez could be joining us on loan come january...

To have Simao and Joaquin would be wicked! but I doubt the club will be able to afford it (even with Cisse going). Plus, we need to buy a quality centre back :eh:

btw, has anybody got videos of Simao and/or Mark Gonzalez...I have to admit that I've read a lot about them - but ain't really seen them play though!

Joaquín is no arrogant player at all! What a piece of bull***t! He's far better than Simao in every way. C'mon, Simao was a complete disaster in Barcelona, he just can't perform when the Big Games come. He's an ok player for Benfica, nothing more, nothing less. Joaquín is way better.

Back
Top Bottom