Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

oh ffs, no it won't. Never is :(

There goes my dream of watching pool at the new wembley. Although that would be touch and go anywho

Peter Eyres don't be so down beat mate, I was praying for this tie to happen a chance to get one over the manc scum

Peter Eyres is right to be down. Liverpool i think will offer a good battle for the 90 minutes, but united will prove too strong. Liverpools attack is too weak. Everytime Rio Ferdinand has one of the strikers in his pocket for the whole match. Best thing to do is pray for one of the midfielders to produce something special.

True, our attack isn't brilliant but the last two meetings Shrek & Donkey haven't exactly done anything against us either

True also but even though rvn or rooney are not scoring they are still being threat in the build up play and making their presence known. When cisse or crouch has played against united, you cant even tell theyre on the pitch.

It should be just as tight as the last game since nobody will want to lose, but hopefully abit more edge considering its fa cup.

i'm made up to get lfc in the next round,

i'm made up that our two teams are once again rivals, i never really saw arsenal as rivals and chelsea have got along way to go...

so to be going back to anfield again this season is feckin great...

not sure if many of you plastic scousers here will remember the last time we played you's in the fa cup, but i'll settle for that result and the chant "who put the ball in the scousers net!!!"

Well the Victor deal is off, as Depor wouldn't pay his unpaid wages. But he's on a bosman at the end of the season.

Last day for transfers and we still need a right winger imo

very :(

We won't go close to United or Chelsea without a proper right winger

_39737209_ruddocksuit203.jpg

"Was that as good for you as it was for me?..."

The good old days...

I'm looking forward to the FA cup match, it will be tight as hell.

Hopefully Rafa can swoop for a right sided player before midnight strikes.

Anyone know when tickets for the Man U FA Cup game go on sale. And do you need a Fancard?

Only ever been to see Liverpool away so don't have a clue about getting tickets for Anfield. Think my mate's going to try and get them from the ground as he lives up there.

NickSCFC said:
Anyone know when tickets for the Man U FA Cup game go on sale. And do you need a Fancard?

Only ever been to see Liverpool away so don't have a clue about getting tickets for Anfield. Think my mate's going to try and get them from the ground as he lives up there.

Tickets go on sale in this generally complicated manner in an order dependant on the number of home/away games you have attended (according to your fancard) - the more games you attend, the higher priority you will get. TBH, unless your mate knows someone in the ticket office who can sort you out, its gonna be next to impossible to get tickets for it....:(

Last edited:

I am going to the Brum game tomorrow night. Get in!!

Talking about Right Wingers. I've seen Paul Anderson putting in some great peformances for the reserves. I watch alot of the highlights through the LFC.TV e-season ticket. He's only 17 and can skip past players, full of energy too. I think in him and Gonzalez, the future is bright with regards to that position, but we need proven quality in ASAP, as Negleting Gerrards energy and influence in midfield isn't a good idea.

rockykabir said:
Tickets go on sale in this generally complicated manner in an order dependant on the number of home/away games you have attended (according to your fancard) - the more games you attend, the higher priority you will get. TBH, unless your mate knows someone in the ticket office who can sort you out, its gonna be next to impossible to get tickets for it....:(

So what are the chances of average Joe getting tickets to lets say vs Bolton in April?

NickSCFC said:
So what are the chances of average Joe getting tickets to lets say vs Bolton in April?

Last time I remember, tickets for the general public start 2-3 days after being allocated to the usual season ticket owners. So you can perhaps try to get in there ;) - getting Home tickets is a bit more difficult tho but not impossible - get a fancard tho so that you can pile up the kudos for the important games.

I try to catch the London games myself when I'm free. I'm trying to give my voice to Charlton-Liverpool coming up :D

Last edited:

Pongo has gone to Blackburn on loan for the rest of the season

That's a shame .. well we have too many Strikers now so it's best for him to get some experience.

Again, no right wingers. Although I must ask, if we were to get a starting right winger, what happen to the middle? Alonso and Gerrard? I wouldn't leave Alonso without anybody BIG & BAD like Sissoko to protect the back four :)

A bit gutted about no right winger, I think he is going to try and play cisse in that position. Only problem is, he has a bad first touch will could cost us if he is helping out defending. IMHO Cisse should have gone last summer. He does not give anything back to the team,except for attitude when he miss controls the ball time after time. We should have tried and got Riquelme he is quality and just the right age.

Afraid to say it, but players like Riquelme will never make it in the premiership. He's not a right winger either. A fantastic player, but much more suited to Spain or Italy.

Playing Cisse on the right won't work. He has pace, and thats about it. But he can usually got past people WITH the ball, as he never knows what to do with it.

Apparently we tried to swap Cisse for Defo, but Jol obviously wasn't having anything. Defo has pace, can dribble and has end product.

Back
Top Bottom