Liverpool Thread

Unless GH makes some serious tactical changes, namely putting Kewell where he needs to be, and to stop perservering with the long ball game, then this is going to be a rough season. Still can't believe some of the sh­it we put up with in our midfield, namely Biscan and Cheyrou, but if he just used Kewellio properly, and told them to start playing it along the deck more(Riise and Gerrard are quite bad for this), then we might pull off some decent football. As it is, Yeovil are more exciting.

I honestly have no intention of starting a flame-war here but can you imagine how many goals a class player like owen would score in the United side? Him and Ruud would be pretty sweet with Giggs on the left and Ronaldo on the right with Scholes through the middle :shock:

Sorry...dayreaming again :roll:

Can we please start playing Kewell on the left and find someone who can cross a ball on the right?

And can we also stop humping the ball upfield from the defence bypassing midfield?

And stop playing Cheyrou!

Thats all I ask

LMBO!!!!!!!!!

Typical scousers and plastic scousers (seen as though they have more fans darn' sarf than we do) on a radio phone they slated GH, one game into the season FFS!!!

And GH's excuse is that both Gerrard or Didi we're out...

Well Ged you've had over a £100 mill why isnt the squad good enough to cope without them.

Scousers are fickle, one game into the season and they want the managers head LOL!!!!

No, we wanted his head after the first half of last season as well.

We'll always be playing narrow while he's in charge. And thats not on...

I need to agree with Milo' - Owen would score a lot more in either Arsenal or Man Utd because their service to the front players is far better, especially Utd.

Sell Heskey - play Diouf / Baros up front with Owen - Kewell on the left with Risse behind him - when Kewell is injured, use Risse there with Vignal at left back.Buy Agathe from Celtic as our first half decent right winger. He's a decent crosser with pretty good pace. I remember how well he played for his first 2 seasons at Parkhead. Although might have just looked better due to the rubbish defenses up here.

And I think we'll regret the selling of Berger, just like with Litmannen ( GOD :) ). Good player, but Houlier just didnt know what to do with him...just like Diouf and Kewell.

Sell Diao and bring it Bashturk ( spelling ? ), if he'd come....

MoodyB said:
Buy Agathe from Celtic as our first half decent right winger. He's a decent crosser with pretty good pace. I remember how well he played for his first 2 seasons at Parkhead. Although might have just looked better due to the rubbish defenses up here.
Liverpool are trying to IMPROVE not get worse. Agathe has bucketloads of pace but refuses to use it, he's as thick as sh­it, all he has to do is kick it and run but he refuses to. He's mince for months, then great for one game. He'd maybe be better down there as playing for the Old Firm basically means the opposition have 11 men behind the ball all the time, in the Premiership he'd get more space.

You can have him if you give us Cheyrou, he's a star for the future, now.

Why the fuck didn't we just sign Malbranque?

Just like Diouf i'll give Cheyrou a chance for this season...

Come to think of it Ged must be having nightmares(cause I know I am) at not signing Anelka, sheesh him Owen and Kewell upfront would have been a nightmare for defenders.

It's only the start of the season, personaly TBH i'm not bothered at us playing boring football as long as we get the 3points and are consistent then that's all that matters.

It's only the start of the season, personaly TBH i'm not bothered at us playing boring football as long as we get the 3points and are consistent then that's all that matters

But you are not and that is the problem!!

Liverpool have been MASSIVE under achievers and as much as i like Joullier as a person he just doesn't seem to have the tactical nouse that is required to steer Liverpool in the right direction. He also relies far too heavily upon his French connection's in signing young players who thus far have failed to deliver the required standards.

Sabac Red said:
Why the fuck didn't we just sign Malbranque?

I was suprised at that one tbh, GH rates him very highly he calls him little Girresse (sp) he's a top little player, tricky little c*nt with fulham selling at the mo its a suprise GH didnt put a bid in.

I dont think Houllier is the right man for the job, not because of this season (one game isnt much evidence) but because of last season. He talks a lot about being unlucky and having injuries etc, but theyve spent a fair bit of money and should have enough cover. Liverpools squad is good, among the best in the league, with players like Owen, Gerrard, Hyppia, etc they should be doing better. There arent any obvious weak positions, by and large theyve got good attackers, midfielders and defenders and two fairly decent goalies. With a squad like that Liverpool should be doing better. Another problem with Houllier is the style of play, Liverpool always used to play fairly good football, but he seems to be obsessed with a sort of counter-attacking, minimal with style of play.

i rate Malbranque very highly, great player, but would be start? in the place of Gerrard, Murphy, Kewell, Le Tallec (hopefully)

i think he would want definite first team football, and im not too sure we can give him that

Murphy is hugely underrated, how many times has be sunk Man Ure? :D

Graeme said:
i rate Malbranque very highly, great player, but would be start? in the place of Gerrard, Murphy, Kewell, Le Tallec (hopefully)

i think he would want definite first team football, and im not too sure we can give him that
Nope I don't think he would get in the team ahead of Frank or Lurch.

Malbranque would be a good signing though, assuming he played central with Kewell out wide. What's that last word you say? ;)

malbranque IMO is not exactly necessary as we have the players already to challenge for the title,we just need new tactics with players in the right position or a new coach(capello!)i really dont think the players are bad and hoofing the ball way up,i think they are just doin as instructed.with murphy on the right and kewell on the left,gerrard and hamann central,owen to start with baros,we certainly look a very good side on paper.but it's houllier and his s*it tactics that we are goin nowhere.and for the person who said he'd rather us be boring and get the three points,im totally the opposite.i'd rather we play a good attacking game and lose.hence why i didnt enjoy the "treble" season but rather the seasons before houllier got here.not the results,the performance.now,not only we are crap,we dont even get the desired results!

Graeme said:
yea, but Chelsea are now after Cisse, why does this always happen :'(

cheer up man as they wont get him.he's ours,done and dusted deal.might be now,might be january.would definitely been now had heskey f*cked off to lyon or galatasaray........

New Manchester United sensation, Cristiano Ronaldo, has a guilty secret - he wanted to sign for Liverpool. (The Mirror)

Misfit said:
New Manchester United sensation, Cristiano Ronaldo, has a guilty secret - he wanted to sign for Liverpool. (The Mirror)

Yeah, probably true. But he realised that they were piss poor and signed for a team capable of winning something instead!!

Personally, i think that he should have joined us at West Ham, but hey, if he can't handle the pressure then maybe he's better at OT,

Misfit said:

ha I read that, LMBO!!!!

Oh well The Kid's with us, you've got ya own teen sensation you cant have it all.....

Graeme said:
hes only with you cause we didnt want him, when he wanted us

:P

hes a liverpool reject

:D

Oooh thats harsh, but he didnt play for you's though, not like say.....

Ince, now theres a reject :)

No apparently he really wanted to sign but lfc never followed up there interest according to the paper. They must have been to busy tracking down World Class players like Diao & Diouf lol!!

that and dumb old houliier didnt want to give up 8mill for him,would rather throw 11mill on heskey...........

Misfit said:
that and dumb old houliier didnt want to give up 8mill for him,would rather throw 11mill on heskey...........

He's never gonna live down signing Heskey....

Heskey should take a leaf out of Big Les's book, did you see that header against the saints, he powered into two defenders, scored, and left em both on the floor in pain....

Back
Top Bottom