Liverpool Thread

three hrs to go,im all pumped up for this game.i sincerely hope we get off to a flyer with a couple of goals.come on you reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have taken the good luck when I offered it, Misfit. Your boring, ugly team needed it :D

I now feel after 2 hours I have to comment.

The best I can come up with is what a load of crap

Liverpool still didn''t convince me that they will mount a serious challenge this season. Kewell looked busy, Heskey done ok, Diouf done well and caused problems, but the rest were very poor.
Owen was anonimous and the first i remembered he was playing was when he missed his penalty.

Crap is too polite, we were shocking considering a few of the chelsea team had hardly played with each other. Chelsea deserved to win and were more enjoyable to watch as well. As for Liverpool, until Diouf came on, is was a case of - ok we've the ball in our half now, so lets punt it foward so Heskey can hopefullt get a flick to Owen. Damm, didnt work. Ahh well, should get about 50 more attempts to go with 85 mins remaining........

I hope that we have a bad season this year, as thats the only way that Houlier is going to go.....he's even more boring,tactics wise, that Gearge Graham was when in charge of Arsenal, and thats saying something.

Why buy a player, in Kewell, that was sorching as a left winger, then play him on the right wing then in the middle......Cheryou was absolutely pathetic today as well. Looked completely nervous. Biscan was ' different ' I suppose.

Funiest thing was Houlier trying to justify when Kewell would be playing while blushing at the same time, probably due to embarrasment with his tactics, in a pre-match interview on Sky. Other thing was when he said that he would love to have more younger english players ini his team, but they are hard to aqquire ? So where was his bids for Duff, Bridge, Cole or Johnston then ?

Houlier did well to get us to 2nd in the league, but cannot cut it anymore.

:shock:

Rant over...

MoodyB said:
Other thing was when he said that he would love to have more younger english players ini his team, but they are hard to aqquire ? So where was his bids for Duff, Bridge, Cole or Johnston then ?
Duff's Irish ;).

Liverpool looked as one dimensional as ever today, Houllier will be off in no time.

ClassicD said:
MoodyB said:
Other thing was when he said that he would love to have more younger english players ini his team, but they are hard to aqquire ? So where was his bids for Duff, Bridge, Cole or Johnston then ?
Duff's Irish ;).

Liverpool looked as one dimensional as ever today, Houllier will be off in no time.

Great isn't it? :D

For Liverpool fans yes, perhaps they can get back to playing some attractive football and players in their right positions...

There needs to be a fairly big clearout at Anfield :

Heskey
Diao
Smicer
Traore
Biscan
Vignal
Cheryou

I'd say about £10mill for all of them :D Nah, maybe 5.......

loz said:
MoodyB said:
ClassicD said:
Duff's Irish ;).

So he is, DOH . Should have put British instead then. That better ? ;)

nope Rep arent part of britain.

Oh for fccuk's sake :D Ok, then English, Irish or Welsh players. Isnt really any Scottish lads worth having, apart from maybe Barry Ferguson ot Rangers... :shock:

There's an idea..Craig Brown for manager! Cant be as bad as H.. ! :roll:

:
Gerard Houllier felt his players gave their all in terms of effort and endeavour in the 2-1 defeat by Chelsea and felt a draw would have been a fair result on the course of the 90 minutes.

The Reds manager praised the Chelsea defence and said they were a tough side to break through although admitted his team did create some good openings.

Houllier said: "I'm disappointed with the result but not disappointed with the performance. I felt sorry for the players and we had plenty of efforts on goal.

"The players did really well but Chelsea defended very well and Terry getting Man of the Match shows you that. When we equalised we tried to push for the second goal but got caught on the break.

"My team played some good stuff at times but I felt we played too many long balls in the first half but we will correct that. Cudicini made a brilliant save from Danny Murphy then saved well from Michael.

"Jerzy Dudek also made two excellent saves which kept us in the game. We wanted to win the game but I thought a draw would have been a fair result."
:

Well there you have it, if he thinks thats giving it all, then he needs to retire, as he's acting like a senile old pensioner. How cant he be dissapointed by the performance ! ! ! ??? They were 2nd best for almost all the match....

Graeme said:
we played well and probably deserved to win, we should have had at least 2 other peno's
What game were you watching m8???

Chelsea passed the ball about while Liverpool tried to lump long ball after long ball to Owen and Heskey. They did improve in the second-half but as a neutral, I think Chelsea would have been robbed had they taken anything less than all 3 points. The PK was a PK, but the throw-in that led to it was a Chelsea ball and the decision to retake was laughable. The only other PK incident I saw was when Desailly and Kewell got caught up in a claim, but replays clearly showed it was a great tackle.

It could have went either way if Murphy had put a bit more dig into his sidefooted effort that Cudicini saved early, or had just lifted it a little. Kewell also should have squared to Owen but he wanted the glory. Mind you Gudjonsson(sp?) should have wrapped the match up as well.

Great match for the neutral so it was, Diouf played surprisingly well when he came on.

ClassicD said:
Chelsea passed the ball about while Liverpool tried to lump long ball after long ball to Owen and Heskey. They did improve in the second-half but as a neutral, I think Chelsea would have been robbed had they taken anything less than all 3 points. The PK was a PK, but the throw-in that led to it was a Chelsea ball and the decision to retake was laughable. The only other PK incident I saw was when Desailly and Kewell got caught up in a claim, but replays clearly showed it was a great tackle.

It could have went either way if Murphy had put a bit more dig into his sidefooted effort that Cudicini saved early, or had just lifted it a little. Kewell also should have squared to Owen but he wanted the glory. Mind you Gudjonsson(sp?) should have wrapped the match up as well.

Great match for the neutral so it was, Diouf played surprisingly well when he came on.

Im hardly a neutral cos I hate the scousers :) but Chel$ki did deserve the win, Seba looked good, its good to see an old United boy score against lfc, his passing was top drawer.

lfc looked liked the same old sh*te, long balls FFS, lol you can keep kewell!!

well for the first 20-25 minutes we dominated and for the last 30 minutes we were on top (for most of it)

30+22.5 = 55.5 minutes (more of the match)

so thats my reasoning ;)

*btw i used 22.5 cause its between 20-25

Graeme said:
well for the first 20-25 minutes we dominated and for the last 30 minutes we were on top (for most of it)

30+22.5 = 55.5 minutes (more of the match)

so thats my reasoning ;)

*btw i used 22.5 cause its between 20-25

Well the stats say Chelsea had 57% of possesion 4 shots on target and a 2 goals :roll: :roll: :roll:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
ClassicD said:

Im hardly a neutral cos I hate the scousers :) but Chel$ki did deserve the win, Seba looked good, its good to see an old United boy score against lfc, his passing was top drawer.

lfc looked liked the same old sh*te, long balls FFS, lol you can keep kewell!!

Yeah i agree, Seba was brilliant!!! The way he was moving the ball about was fantastic and he controlled the game i thought.

Well most match going United fans know what Seba is capable off, I wouldnt say he did nothing in the second half Classic, a good midfielder can stay anon aslong as he still pings passes around and doesnt stay long enough on the ball to get noticed, it was a nice pass to Lampard who then set Jimmy up lovely.....

IMO Chelsea will get more out of Seba for the single fact that its his third year over here now so he know all about the league/players but his best performances will still be in Europe.

I never disputed his ability, just saying I don't think he "was brilliant" like others do. He had a good first-half and was quiet in the second. I thought Bruno Cheyrou was the MOM tbh...

Back
Top Bottom