Liverpool Thread

Liverpool 5-1 Aberdeen

Kewell scores his first Liverpool goal, and Mellor gets 2 :)

good result, after that shocking bastard of a ref in the amsterdam tournament we needed a big win to rebuil some confidence :)

next match Valencia, cant wait

most of us hate man ure so..

Q: Why do NASA send their astronauts to train at Old Trafford?
A: It's the only place in the world with no atmosphere!

and we all know how much James let us down so..

David James is so distraught after his latest blunder that he decides to end it all. He walks straight out of Upton Park and throws himself down in front of a number 9 bus.
Luckily, it passes under him.

Graeme said:
Liverpool 5-1 Aberdeen

Well done Liverpool for hammering us just before the start of the season. :(

Zico said:
Graeme said:
Liverpool 5-1 Aberdeen

Well done Liverpool for hammering us just before the start of the season. :(

well it wasnt much of a challenfe wasit zico?we need to play quality sides then i'll judge them.so far though,same s*it,diif year

biggertam said:
so it was u who fired the flare into the stadium last night then zico. :roll:

Yup, it sure was me!

Balaclava%20on%20Al%20black.jpg

:mrgreen:

Aberdeen's Pittodrie really is a war zone.Ive been once and the place is swarmed by Bald headed Hooligans.All just to watch Aberdeen.My god,Aberdeen you have sunk to new lows.There was a decade when you would challenge Liverpool but getting humped 5-1 underlines the fall in class of the Dons and the other SPL teams.That stand at Pittodrie, the on oppisite the main stand is a shit hole it is basically a front line.A fence to seperate Huns and Tims.They need barbed wire and Guards with guns.I know it was a scouse who threw the flare but ,anyway to burn down Pittodrie will do.Zico please dont react you are decent and iam just stating the facts. :(

Auxerre defender Jean-Alain Boumsong is hoping Liverpool revive their interest in him before the transfer window closes.
He says Liverpool and Marseilles inquired about him this summer and both clubs appeal to him.
But the 24-year-old French international expects to stay at Auxerre next season, unless a "fabulous late offer arrives".
He told icons: "It has never been my objective to leave Auxerre at any cost, but if an interesting offer was presented to the club and to me, then I would consider taking it.
"Two clubs have shown a genuine interest in me this summer and they are Liverpool and Marseilles.
"But there have been no real developments to speak of. The directors of Marseilles in particular did their best to sign me but they have financial restrictions and are now looking for other new players.
"As for Liverpool, that one went quiet for some reason.
"The challenge of playing for either Liverpool or Marseilles appealed to me a lot because they both have great histories.
"But unless they come back with a last-minute offer it appears that those two pages are now closed.
"There are still three weeks until the transfer window closes and maybe a fabulous late offer will arrive but with the market as dead as it is right now, that looks unlikely."

In other Liverpool news,Neil Mellor has joined West Ham on a year's loan

Boumsong looked brilliant the one time i saw him

he is tall, fast, and can pass and run with the ball

i hope we sign him

i think Mellor will do great in Div1, he did amazing in the reserves!

Graeme said:
Boumsong looked brilliant the one time i saw him

he is tall, fast, and can pass and run with the ball

i hope we sign him

i think Mellor will do great in Div1, he did amazing in the reserves!

are u implying that div 1 is of same standard as the premiership reserve league? :shock:

if thats the case, then happy times ahead for west ham and sunderland :l

I think the reason Mellor was loaned out is so that he gets regualr first team football. It doesnt matter what division you are in at his age as its all practice

Look at Becks, he went out to Preston on loan during his early days to ply his trade and went back to United a better player

Mellor will come back to us after a year, hopefully, as a player with more knowledge

Liverpool have signed St Etienne defender Carl Medjani on a free transfer. The 18-year-old becomes Gerard Houllier's fifth new signing of the summer following the capture of Harry Kewell, Steve Finnan, Anthony Le Tallec and Florent-Sinama Pongolle.
Medjani, who will wear the number 30 shirt, was also reportedly a target for Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Manchester United.

080803-Carl_Medjani_300_02.jpg

well,houllier has done it again.another young,completely unknown, frenchman.so apparently manure,arsenal and bayern munich were keeping an eye on him.didnt they keep an eye on biscan as well?i think they were keeping an eye that he never makes it even near to thier respective stadiums.according to houllier he'll do good in the future.well then,bring on 2010,we'll win the league by then!was seriously hoping for a boumsong or mexes but instead we get this martin keown look alike....
i'm gonna go lie down now........

It's not as if Liverpool dont have the money, so I cant understand why MrH persists with buying some of the players he does...Okay, so he's probably buying young lads as future prospects, but I think he's going senile early :)

One of the most skillful and intelligent players we had in the past few years, in Jari Litmannen, he lets go...... ! ?

Spends £11 million on nice but dimm Heskey. ! ! !

Buys Diouf after a storming World Cup, then proceeds to play him out of position instead of behind the front 2, who should be Baros and Owen.

Buys Diao who's not another Didi Hamman by a long shot.

Traore...TRAORE for gods sake :twisted:

Smicer, who's more erratic than Stevie Wonders abitily to hit a dartboard at 20 paces

Cheryou...who ? ( probably spelt it wrong )

Big Igor ' Lurch ' Biscan....same as Smicer..very erratic, but seems like a half decent centre back standin.

Havent seen the 2 new young lads yet, so cant comment on them..

Good buys :

Baros, Henchoz, Risse, Hyppia, Kewell, Litmannen until he was let go and Danny Murphy who has improved a lot over the last few years..didnt rate Finnan at Fulham, so lets see how he does.

Rant over, sorry about that :D

Just one of those games, we just couldnt put it past the keeper. Its worrying with so many strikers on the books

We were awful in my opinion. The movement was awful, and the defending for the second goal :roll:
It was the dodgy vision and poor thinking of our players which worries me the most from it, with the long ball game adopted most of the time. Still, it's only pre season, and at least I was amused by Biscan's crazy running

markd2k3 said:
We were awful in my opinion. The movement was awful, and the defending for the second goal :roll:
It was the dodgy vision and poor thinking of our players which worries me the most from it, with the long ball game adopted most of the time. Still, it's only pre season, and at least I was amused by Biscan's crazy running

On Soccernet.com they were saying how 'Pool looked pretty good. At least attacking wise. Seems Heskey missed a few sitters.

houllier has until the end of the day to come up with 15million to sign djbril cisse of auxerre.

if he doesnt .. then cisse would sign for either barcalona or chelski

:shock:

SELL HESKEY DAMMIT

houllier has until the end of the day to come up with 15million to sign djbril cisse of auxerre.

SELL HESKEY DAMMIT

england22 said:

SELL HESKEY DAMMIT

Its okay saying sell Heskey but who in the f*ck would buy him.

If there was anyone watching the Valencia match that might have been even slightly interested in the useless f*ck, then after watching him miss how many shots??

They wont want him now...

Even if they did he must be worth f*ck all....

Misfit said:
well,houllier has done it again.another young,completely unknown, frenchman.so apparently manure,arsenal and bayern munich were keeping an eye on him.didnt they keep an eye on biscan as well?........

But unlike Biscan this guy didn't cost us squat and I just hope he's better than Traore.

So it's been reported that we are to make a £7mil move for Valencia's Ayala, it's been said Houllier is trying to rap up the deal as quickly as he can to beat off other potential interests and it's been stated that Ayala is keen to join us aswell.

Well looks like Henchoz hasn't got an easy ride anymore.....

ayala's story was just bull.no more signings except for cisse in january.till then,we be f*cked....then again,whats new?

Back
Top Bottom