Liverpool Thread

england22 said:
i hope we do sign him ...
porto are also linked with him

If Porto are linked to him, then we better not raise our hopes too much.
But if we get him it will be the final piece of our midfield jigsaw...

Villafc said:
mathewsss said:
But if we get him it will be the final piece of our midfield jigsaw...

A midfield jigsaw that will be bypassed by Houlliers long ball game...

ROFLMAO !!!
Funny but sad & true.
After reading that Heskey and Smicer have nothing more to prove for Houllier dampened all my hopes.

Liverpool's Hamann out until November
Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has been ruled out of action until November because of the recurrence of a shin injury.
The German international underwent surgery on the problem earlier this summer and it had been thought it had cleared up after he played in the club's pre-season tour of the Far East.
But Liverpool's official website today confirmed the injury had flared up again and Hamann, 29, underwent another operation in Germany last night.
Anfield boss Gerard Houllier said: 'It is a blow for the player and for the club. Things like this show why it is so important we have a strong squad.' More to follow...

Misfit said:
Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has been ruled out of action until November because of the recurrence of a shin injury.
The German international underwent surgery on the problem earlier this summer and it had been thought it had cleared up after he played in the club's pre-season tour of the Far East.
But Liverpool's official website today confirmed the injury had flared up again and Hamann, 29, underwent another operation in Germany last night.
Anfield boss Gerard Houllier said: 'It is a blow for the player and for the club. Things like this show why it is so important we have a strong squad.' More to follow...

Ive never really been a big fan of German players but Hamann is decent, he's a no-nonsense sort of player and pretty underated IMO, he'll be missed by lfc cos he's like the oldest in the midfield (I think) and has a good influence on the team.

exactly man,hamann is the one who keeps the whole team together IMO.we were really made to pay when houllier took him off during th CL game against leverkusen.he really protects SH AND SH very well.and to think we will be missing him and gerrard for our first game against chelsea is very bad news indeed.get well soon didi,we cant do without ya.

He could play Murphy and Gerrard in the middle. He did that for a few games last year and it worked very well. Hamann will realistically be out until Christmas by the time he get match fit and stuff, so Ged better come up with a plan.

cal-neva said:
He could play Murphy and Gerrard in the middle. He did that for a few games last year and it worked very well. Hamann will realistically be out until Christmas by the time he get match fit and stuff, so Ged better come up with a plan.

no worries it'll be his usual tactics....

The Wilkinson School of Footy Tactics 101...

Long ball :mrgreen:

Ged is feckin joke of a coach it took a heart bypass to save his job.

AWOL said:
Misfit said:

OMG! Who'll take his place now until November?

What about Carragher for a short term replacement. I've always thought he could be a pretty decent def. mid. as a pure ball winner. He is a solid physcial presence. (<--- insert joke here)

I'm assuming that Henchoz will be playing CB.

I guess a lot depends on where Kewell is going to play:
If he's on the left wing, then Gerrard and Murphy would probably
take the central midfield slots.
Our midfield will look like:
--Diouf------Gerrard---Murphy-------Kewell

But if Kewell is playing behind the two strikers, then Gerrard would most probably play in a more defensive role.
-Diouf/Murphy------Gerrard--------------Riise
-----------------Kewell---------------

mathewsss said:

But if Kewell is playing behind the two strikers, then Gerrard would most probably play in a more defensive role.

If Riise is in the midfield who is LB? Carragher?

eatontj said:
mathewsss said:

If Riise is in the midfield who is LB? Carragher?

Carra can play at LB (although not the best choice)
Vignal is a capable LB who combined well with Riise as a left mid.
in the end of our treble-winning season.

Graeme said:
yea i think Vignal should play more, hes better than Troare anyway

but GH wont play him :l

I forgot about Vignal, I've only seen him play a few times. Seemed rather adventerous, I thought he was quite good. I'd like to see him have a run.

Bates drops Reds bid Aug 1 2003
Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

THE COUNTDOWN to Liverpool versus Chelsea on August 17 has barely begun but already it seems the Londoners are playing mind games.

Chairman Ken Bates indulged in an audacious tapping-up exercise when he bumped into the Liverpool squad recently.

The two teams met at Heathrow as they headed for their respective Far East tours and it triggered a humorous exchange between Bates and the Liverpool players.

Reds defender Jamie Carragher explained: "It was quite funny at the airport when we were going to Bangkok because Chelsea were going to Malaysia from Heathrow at the same time.

"As we were queuing up, Ken Bates walked past us and shouted, 'Alright lads, come and join us and we'll double your wages!'

"Rick Parry and David Moores were standing there listening, but it was all in good humour. Everyone was having laugh about it.

"Bates has taken a lot of stick over the years but he came across alright. I have to admit I thought it was funny really."

liverpool drew 0-0 with ajax in amsterdam.liverpool were as normal looked out of sorts and were seriously short of ideas when it came to attacking.VDV was brilliant for ajax and rightfully deserved the man of the match.
Liverpool's man of the match IMO was baros who looked the most dangerous for us.full match report to follow

Misfit said:
liverpool drew 0-0 with ajax in amsterdam.liverpool were as normal looked out of sorts and were seriously short of ideas when it came to attacking.VDV was brilliant for ajax and rightfully deserved the man of the match.
Liverpool's man of the match IMO was baros who looked the most dangerous for us.full match report to follow

I've heard Kewell was playing on the Right wing !!?!??!?! :roll:

thats right,kewell on the right,finnan didnt play.kewell had his moments though.diouf sucked.couldnt get past trabelsi

Why Houllier plays Diouf on the right i dont understand. He got a few assists there last season so wat? Maybe Finnan is the answer

vs Chelsea Hamann, Gerrard, Diao out who to play?

Liverpool 1-Galatasary-2 (finish last in 'Dam tournamet)

Why is Houlier such a spaz? Liverpool were crying out for a left winger last season and now you've got one he's being played on the right

:roll: :roll: :roll:

GoonerMagik said:

Why is Houlier such a spaz? Liverpool were crying out for a left winger last season and now you've got one he's being played on the right

Well thats Liverpool for ya mate. :D

Ohhh and Steven Gerrard is a fooking prick!!!

Zico said:
GoonerMagik said:

You referring to "the scuffle" between him and Hakan Unsal? Heskey sticking his massive head in there as well. :mrgreen:

England v Turkey is gonna be Explosive :shock: tonights events comfirmed there is definatly some Bad Blood there.I hope we stuff'em in October

hutch said:
Zico said:
GoonerMagik said:

You referring to "the scuffle" between him and Hakan Unsal? Heskey sticking his massive head in there as well. :mrgreen:

Yup, i was wanting Unsal to kick his scruffy face in!!! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom