Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I think Liverpool owe it to the fans for not getting Owen.

England seems to be attracting some great players now and I hope Joaquin is the next.
If Liverpool get him and do well this season, with the extra cash for next seasons transfer budget, you lot could be looking at a potential title contender.

I said this earlier. Liverpool are steadily becoming a powerful team IMO.

The signing of nobody just before the transfer window proves that the manager thinks we have a strong enough squad. We will see come January whether thats the case

Explain what the manager was thinking when he bought Crouch, sold Baros and failed to get Owen?

I think Rafa knows he has work to do.

Boy this looks alot like the Figo situation a while ago. I would like to believe this , but wonder what will Betis do if they know Liverpool wants him? Simao's situation is similar to this when the press leaked the story before it was finalized.

I think Rafa's job is at the Right Winger and Center Back department, he doesn't need another striker. And adding Owen wouldn't really add any stability to the team, which I think is the missing ingridient to the team.

RuneEdge said:
I think Liverpool owe it to the fans for not getting Owen.

England seems to be attracting some great players now and I hope Joaquin is the next.
If Liverpool get him and do well this season, with the extra cash for next seasons transfer budget, you lot could be looking at a potential title contender.

I said this earlier. Liverpool are steadily becoming a powerful team IMO.

Betis are in the CL, and are about equivelent to Liverpool in La Liga, you think Joaquin would risk a move to a different league?

Well the fact is that no one but Joaquin knows what he really wants. All we can do is take his word when he says he wants to play for them.

Real Betis wing ace Joaquin admits he is cooling on the idea of moving to England.
Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have all asked for Joaquin in the last 12 months, but Joaquin said: "The door is never closed, but I am very focused on Betis.

"England is moving further away from me. I'm a down-to-earth person. I have a very close family, I am happy when they're around and I'm happy playing in Spain."

"down-to-earth"?? hmm..

This is what Joaquin said about Liverpool's game, "I'm going to complicate [John Arne] Riise's life on Tuesday.

"We will give Liverpool and Chelsea big headaches in Group G - I'm sure we'll beat them.

"English fans probably haven't seen much of me. But they'll see things that will make their jaws drop.

"What I'll enjoy most is running Liverpool ragged and sending them home beaten."

Good news for Liverpool - it looks like Joaquin will not be able to play due to a knee injury and left back Fernandes and striker Edu are out of the game as well.

stealing points at their stadium is no easy task with their rabid fans, so this could certainly work in our favor.

Sissoko and Alonso in the centre of our midfield, Pongolle on the right wing, with Garcia supporting Crouch up front.

Interesting

Off to a flyer, lets hope it continues in the 2nd half

Two things -

First, i think many people's doubts about Crouch were either answered or at least alleviated today. He held the ball up well, made a positive contribution and his pass to zenden to set up the second goal was Zizouesque. lol.

Second, Hyypia seemed to age on the pitch today. . by a few years. He was completely out of position on the first goal and i found him repeatingly losing his man. When he got beat by a much shorter player on a header i really began to freak out. Hopefully it was just a bad game for him.

I was troubled by our lack of creativity or answers in the second half as well.

Very impressed by Crouch tonight. His first time control was spot on tonight and he caused a few problems for the opposition. Tend to agree about Hyypia, altho my fave player he did look very slow and was caught for the first goal. Good job Joaquin didn't have too many one on one's! Joaquin looked very good, and will be worth the transfer fee when we can afford it!:D His close control and speed off the mark was excellent.

Agreed Hyppia's legs are finally leaving him...come january we need to sign someone.

Great result last night, another mastermind performance from Benitez.

Having thought about this over the Weetabix this morning, Hyypia did play great in the final 20 minutes though, and when the pressure is on, Carragher can be counted upon.

Great 1st half performance by the team.
They made Betis pay for their initial nervousness. The 2nd goal was superbly
made.
Crouch was impressive, he's showing exactly why Benitez bought him,
for the tough away matches where he add's a lot of value.

2nd half was'nt too good, but that was to be expected, Betis are a good team
and with their fans, it was going to be difficult.

Also noted that the new CL kit looks good...I like the golden
colour on the number and trim.

Hope we beat ManU on Sunday!!!

mathewsss said:
Also noted that the new CL kit looks good...I like the golden
colour on the number and trim.

Hope we beat ManU on Sunday!!!
I echo those sentiments :applause: :mrgreen: but the new kit (just like the white one) appears to have a transfer for a badge - how effing cheap is that? Otherwise it looks good......from far away.. :shock: Personally, the kits are all cheaply made as it is without the distinctly fading over time badge...I think I might give them a miss. ;)

This would be perfect for you guys. We just drew two games in a row meaning we wont be in the greatest mood so you lot better make the most of it.

But then again, you lot could be playing a pissed off Man Utd. Who IMO, you dont want to be playing.

Time to tell the lads to whisper sweet nothings in Rooney's ears I believe. What a divvy, last night. The only player I'm scared of at Utd is Ryan Giggs and he might not even be playing if recent matches have been anything to go by. Bring it on!

RuneEdge said:
This would be perfect for you guys. We just drew two games in a row meaning we wont be in the greatest mood so you lot better make the most of it.

But then again, you lot could be playing a pissed off Man Utd. Who IMO, you dont want to be playing.

A pissed off Rooney and a pissed off Smith = 2 red cards and a game of 11 v 9. I'll take that anyday. :mrgreen:

hahahahahahahhahahhahahah

5-1
5-1
5-1
5-1
5-1

Champions League? No.
Uefa Cup? No.
Relegation Dogfight. Yes.

Normal Service has resumed across the park.

I pissed myself laughing when I checked the teletext tonight. If I knew it was going to be that entertaining, I would have taped it! Mind you, I always think of Shanks at these times, "if Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd close the curtains". David Moyes was probably thinking the very same thing tonight.:lmao:

I just came across this, no offence meant but this is bloody funny;

The new Liverpool manager sent scouts out around the world looking for a new striker to replace Michael Owen and hopefully win Liverpool the title.

One of the scouts informs him of a young Iraqi striker who he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar. The Liverpool manager flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges him to come over to Anfield. Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to Man Utd with only 20 minutes left. The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation, scores 5 in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool.

The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football.

Hello mum, guess what?" he says. "I played for 20 minutes today, we
were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won. Everybody loves me, the
fans, the media, they all love me."

“Wonderful," says his mum, "Let me tell you about my day. Your
father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and
beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters, while you
were having a great time."

The young lad is very upset, "What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry."

“Sorry?!" says his mum, "It's your fault we moved to Liverpool in
the first place!"

:lol:

HA!

I guess Everton are really showing their true colours, Moyes tactics of last season will not be working this season many teams have already figured this out.

Even tho it's early into the season Sunday's game should be a good.

When i saw that score yesterday i nearly spat out Jamie Carragher's cornflakes. :mrgreen:

I'll give them the respect they deserve for the most improbable season in the EPL last year of any team. I thought they were relegation fodder and they end up in 4th.

This season, however, they expect to be top 4 and they'll likely get relegated. :applause:

God does have a sense of humor. . and its a wicked one.

Its official, we will never ever score one goal in the premiere league again , man this 4-5-1 system is so awful and boring

Back
Top Bottom