Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

How did Newcastle manage to spend so much more? They did get that much money from Woodgate.

We're straight nutty if we don't throw a couple million after Nobby Solano at this point. If you'll chance a waifish Sabrosa at 10 million, then you can pay 2 million for a bonafide and proven winger of Solano's experience.

The transfer of Simão to Liverpool was aborted a few minutes ago. He'll stay at Benfica.

SPiTFiRE[NN] said:
The transfer of Simão to Liverpool was aborted a few minutes ago. He'll stay at Benfica.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
eusa_wall.gif

I was actually very surprised to hear he was at Anfield he is a very good player and I was thinking Benfica wouldn't sell their captain that easily? Unfortunately for Liverpool everything collapsed and I have to agree 100% with Ghazi it's been very disappointing and frustrating this year in the transfer market I'm still hoping we pull off a few deals before the deadline

Only Crouch can save you now.

Like I said here eariler. The Future is Crouch.

Do you even think that Liverpool FC have improved their team from past season?

I think that Baros will be missed (hopefully Morientes+Cissé will do good), and apart from Zenden I can't see what any other great players have gone to Anfield this summer. I can't understand Rafa - he should have forgotten Sissoko and have gone for Figo.

MO_DINERO said:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
eusa_wall.gif

I was actually very surprised to hear he was at Anfield he is a very good player and I was thinking Benfica wouldn't sell their captain that easily? Unfortunately for Liverpool everything collapsed and I have to agree 100% with Ghazi it's been very disappointing and frustrating this year in the transfer market I'm still hoping we pull off a few deals before the deadline

The transfery market this year was very unlucky to us, we had missed Robinho, Maxi Lopez, Tomasson, Kalou and Kalon... BAH!

What a frustration... :(

rockykabir said:
How do you define "they"? Rafa certainly didn't want him back - only the fans (and maybe part of the board - well according to the media that is). About that other 4mill owed from RM - they are still gonna pay it right? Don't tell me there is a silly clause in there meaning we basically sold him for 4mill :eh: :(

so rafa didn't want him back eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4201176.stm

How do we know he wasnt pressured by the board? He never said he wanted Owen until all the fans and the board said they want him.

Figo was leaving Real for free. He has. It was a promise of Florentino. Liverpool couldn't pay his wages. ;)

And he has not left Real for being slow or a bad player: he was one of the best last year. He leaves to make place to younger players.

Take that for sure. Letting Owen go last year was a very very bad mistake. They were very lucky to have Stevie-G to mend it, but they cannot rely on Gerrard forever. Liverpool needs another strong midfielder (they already have Alonso and Gerrard as playmakers), a good defender (Traore is a joke) and they should not have sold Baros.

Gedtillo said:
Figo was leaving Real for free. He has. It was a promise of Florentino. Liverpool couldn't pay his wages. ;)

And he has not left Real for being slow or a bad player: he was one of the best last year. He leaves to make place to younger players.

Figo is a old player and he already gave what he had to give in football.

Has been a pretty uneventful ending then for us.....But to be fair, we have captured Sissoko and Zenden(!). I;m getting the feeling that Rafa is just testing the waters here - we still have to see whether the Crouch factor is gonna benefit us or not.

I'll much prefer him to take his time and get it right rather than rushing it out. However, I'll stick by my desire to sort that Parry out - we seriously need a hardline negotiator (a la Peter Kenyon) if we are to prevent the Simao situation happening again :(

Gedtillo said:
Take that for sure. Letting Owen go last year was a very very bad mistake. They were very lucky to have Stevie-G to mend it, but they cannot rely on Gerrard forever. Liverpool needs another strong midfielder (they already have Alonso and Gerrard as playmakers), a good defender (Traore is a joke) and they should not have sold Baros.

I'll have to admit that I had some major doubts about Traore before but I honestly feel that there is some potential there(!). He is young, has a strong physic and is quite fast. He just needs to sort his confidence and concentration out (amongst other things) and I think Rafa is the man to do it.

You get the feeling that had Owen stayed, we wouldn't have progressed as far as we did in the Champs League. With the pacey (and strictly poaching) striker upfront, your options are somewhat lacked and once teams worked you out (as they have) you're kinda buggered.

Yes, the team is quite dependant on the Gerrard factor but again Rafa is trying to get away from this mentality for obvious reasons. I'm hopin this will change as the games go on and they begin to work as a unit rather than to one man. I'll really like to see Gerrard perhaps occasionally swapping with the striker (Crouch maybe?) in game as I can really imagine him doing wonders up front as he did for us in the final.

Peter Kenyon? Cuddley Pete? The same Kenyon that cost Man Utd the chance to sign Ronaldinho?

Is this the man you're looking for?
drkenyon1jg.png

Back
Top Bottom