Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

*smashes head into desk from utter frustration*

Benitez needs to know that his system works well for european football, but not in the EPL...seriously and it was against Manure at HOME...

:: JJ :: said:
Premiership Football, R.I.P., 1992-2005, Killed by the 4-5-1 formation. :(

4-2-3-1 actually ;)

Seriously dull match today with neither side going for the win and desperate to avoid a loss. This is no way to play football

So dull and it seemed to take forever, dragging like a seal's ringpiece!

WTF is up with Rafa??? I think people give him too much leeway because of the Champions League run, which even he admits was a miracle run.

the 4-5-1 crap is not allowing this team to play to its potential.

And Luis Garcia should have been subbed off ASAP after turning the ball over at least 10 times on errant passes. He couldnt do anything right yesterday, and yet Rafa kept him in there and brought FSP off?!! WTF?

Liked Crouch's contribution and the defense looked solid as hell. ManU looked like they had no answers. Still, i cant beleive Luis Garcia is deemd an untouchable and that Rafa is killing Cisse's confidence by keeping him on the bench until there the 75th minute.

that was awful yesterday, after the supporters had reminded us a few times that lfc are the champions of europe I expected to see a team that lived up to that..

instead it was long balls up to a lone frontman and 10 men behind the ball, no suprise that yous have only scored one goal so far this season, I thought maybe losing to us at anfield for the last three years made you's a bit defensive but thats no excuse for the other games...

yes we we're poor aswell although I think we passed the ball abit better and had better possesion and contained pretty much everything that lfc threw at us...

a point will do (to some degree) for us but I dont think it did you's any good...

I want to see more of Crouch with Cisse in a 4-4-2 and I fear relying on his fellow compatriots might get Benitez into trouble.

Vannizzlefashizzal - I agree it was awful to watch - even on MOTD it was too long! The interviews were almost as long.....as for the long ball, as Bob Paisley once said, or near enough, "there's nothing wrong with the long ball, as long as it's the right ball.." as most teams find out when they play Chelsea:D.

You're right though, a point does neither of us any good.......and from a fans point of view, the negative 4-5-1 systems spreading like a plague around the league please no one. One only has to look at declining attendances to figure that out.

CWright 4-5-1 is pretty much the same as 4-2-3-1 except Liverpool are so narrow we have to call it that.:(....are you listening FSP? Go on the outside, lad......

I'm not one to simplify matters but the goat of the game was Luis Garcia. sure he's a talisman at times, but he failed miserably in linking the midfield to Crouch with numerous turnovers and poorly played passes. With the way we dominated the possession in the first half, we could have scored a couple if he had played better and been able to keep the ball moving forward.

Benitez is intent on not losing games in the EPL.
He's converting those silly losses into draws....
the next step is converting those draws into wins which is
the most difficult.

crayon said:
are you listening FSP? Go on the outside, lad......

You see that was the problem with the lad on sunday not to mention he ran out of legs.

Benitez didn't like Baros and now Cisse has unluckily been put into the firing line, it was quite obvious at Super Cup match.

Garcia if he didn't waist as much posession and chances we'd be a better team, until we bring in someone like er Aimar he'll have to do.

Can't wait for Morientes(yes him...) to get back plus Kewell...

mathewsss said:
Benitez is intent on not losing games in the EPL.
He's converting those silly losses into draws....
the next step is converting those draws into wins which is
the most difficult.

Truesay....It was mentioned somewhere that Liverpool never previously kept 4 straight clean sheets at the start of the season prior to this. We also have to note that we are dominating the games (albeit our lack of clinical finishing) so as long we have the right foundation to work upon, its just a matter of experimenting and tweaking to get the right combination (me hopes(!)).

Anybody hear the Real Madrid rumours today? Personally I think it would be silly moving there - such an unstable environment....

Here's an email from Rafa to the .tv subscribers. I have to admit that when i saw an email from the gaffer in my hotmail account, i kinda freaked out for a second and thought maybe he had read some of my concerns online.lmao. Phew. . it's just a mass-letter. Enjoy:

Sent : Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:39 AM
To : "Rafael Benitez" <rafa.benitez@liverpoolfc.tv>
Subject : We are on the same level as United

| | | Inbox

Dear Liverpool supporter,

United are one of the best teams in England and we played at the same level as
them on Sunday. To me it shows we are another step higher, on another level. It
is a good point. United are a top-three team. Last season we lost to them, but
this time we drew and controlled the game. Now we need to see how we play
against Chelsea and Arsenal. We can improve but we are now controlling games and
going forward.

Of course the lack of goals concerns me but I prefer to look at the positives.
We have kept four clean sheets in a row and that is a positive thing. Okay we
need to score goals but that will come. We wanted to win the game but they are a
very good team and both teams didn't create many chances. Last season we lost
twice to this team so we have got a point this time.

I thought Peter Crouch did a good job for us in attack. We tried to get the ball
to him early and then play off the first or second ball but they are a good team
with good players and sometimes it's not easy to break them down. There were two
or three balls in the box when Steven Gerrard and Luis Garcia almost got on to
them. We tried to play wide and on the counter attack but as I said they are a
good team and you need to be at your best and play really well to beat them.

People ask if this result suits Chelsea but I am only interested in my team and
we are improving. We are now at the same level as Manchester United and we will
keep on improving.

Regards

Rafael Benitez
Liverpool Manager

crayon said:
Anybody hear the Real Madrid rumours today? Personally I think it would be silly moving there - such an unstable environment....

strongly doubt that Rafa would go there now.
I reckon he would do that once he won the EPL here
(which may take a few years atleast)

crayon said:

I'm hoping Rafa thinks the same. I think one of the reasons he left Valencia was so that he can have more control over the team with less intrusion from the board. I doubt he'll get that with Perez on board.

RM are just going a bit haywire at the moment. I predicted this stage happening to a mate when Perez first joined and begun his mission to sign only attacking "Galacticos." Its foolhardy to even contemplate sacking a manager (Luxembourgo) who saved their arses last year :roll:

That perez president is the reason why real madrid are in such a mess in the first place. Im suprised he got reelected. He is the one who deals with all the transfer, Im sure Benitez wouldnt enjoy that as he likes to have full control over preceedings.

...and he wouldn't be able to buy defenders, even if he wanted to...unless of course they only attacked....:lmao:

Madrid players were all bought on Luxemburgo say so this year not Perez so how can you blame the chairman for bringing in the players the manager asked for...

What is kinda ironically funny is that they got Samuel on defense and he sucked. Now he's gone.

And then they got ol' Jonathan Woodcrates. :mrgreen: And he's only just getting ready to contribute.

090905-rafa_120_01.jpg
Rafael Benitez has again moved to quash speculation that he could soon quit Anfield and take over as Real Madrid manager - just days after being named the best football coach in Europe. The Liverpool boss was in Italy earlier this week to collect the award at a prestigious ceremony in Udinese as football paid tribute to his remarkable achievement of leading the Reds to Champions League glory last season.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N150050050921-1426.htm

Outta interest, anyone know what football event was in Udinese?

the first 20 minutes against birminghham look promising for another 0-0 , man i really don't get whats up with this manager, he isnt playing against ac milan or barcelona , its fucking birmingham, bring in OFFENCE MR.BENITEZ , you cant score a goal with a 1-9 formation and 20 defensive midfielder guys ...

REINA* isnt shit, but he looked dodgy.

bring Dudek back...i think not.

Worst prem game for 60 mins, then it got unbearable with the 5-10 min spell where NOONE could pass to a team mate...then garcia scores and it all goes off.

kevano22 said:
REINA* isnt shit, but he looked dodgy.

bring Dudek back...i think not.

Worst prem game for 60 mins, then it got unbearable with the 5-10 min spell where NOONE could pass to a team mate...then garcia scores and it all goes off.

Ok he is dodgy then. So far this season he hasnt convinced me he is a better option to dudek, i havnt seen him make any fantastic herioc saves yet and his positioning is not very good and his kicking isnt great neither.

Ooh great......another draw.:( Hope we do better against Chelsea in midweek and on Saturday (or is it Sunday at some ridiculous TV time?)..........

Back
Top Bottom