Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I think the difference maker today was the alcohol Cisse drank. Did anyone see him during the celebrations?

Josemi and Morientes were awful, the first one simply lacks everything to be a premier league player, and morientes simply doesn't fit in this team, gets very few balls and despite 1 or 2 layups he again was completly harmless the whole 120 minutes while cisse needed only 20 to decide this game.

Last edited:

Josemi did quite well today, well Carvalho did undone him all day, but he was really good. He'll be a star someday in EPL / La Liga ..

Yeah I think overall he was MOM, but well Cisse scored to dramatic goals and setup Garcia for the third one (probably he can only score when there's no one at goal :P) so he should get the nod.

Cisse is quite unpredictable, and yes lightning speed .. and he's eccentric during the celebrations, and I'm not too sure it's in the alcohol, its more likely in his blood :)

koolaje said:
Josemi did quite well today, well Carvalho did undone him all day, but he was really good.

what ??? what game did u see ? he made exactly 4 things tonight, losing the ball in hilarious situations, he fouled his opponent before nearly every long ball that came in their direction and was pretty lucky to see the end of this match, he chanceled the offside which created at least 1 100% chance for the oposition and finally he did absolutly nothing for the offensive.

Josemi went from good to shocking, looked good last wednesday but that was against weak opposition, put the guy up against some real quality and watch him struggle. If Moscow were arsed last night we could of lost by 2 or 3 and mainly if Carvahlo really got at Josemi.

Cisse I feel bad for the guy you could see in the interview how heart broken that he is about the transfer situation. I also feel bad that we could be getting rid of our best striker at the moment for financial reasons, we already had to do this with Baros and now it could be with another qualtity player. Morientes takes the biscuit.

Spawn_68 said:
what ??? what game did u see ? he made exactly 4 things tonight, losing the ball in hilarious situations, he fouled his opponent before nearly every long ball that came in their direction and was pretty lucky to see the end of this match, he chanceled the offside which created at least 1 100% chance for the oposition and finally he did absolutly nothing for the offensive.

Sorry ! When I went to read what I typed just now, I was wrong. I meant Josemi was good, but Carvalho was just miles better than him. Carvalho can be a star in EPL / La Liga in the future.

I think he wasn't suppose to support the offence as to keep Carvalho in a leash as much as possible. Did u see everytime CSKA tried to counter, Carvalho was "be-friended" by Josemi? :P He was doing his job as much as he can ..

Anyway, What is this crap of Cisse being sold for financial reasons? If this is later became true than Benitez is selling his LEATHER SOFA !!! :(

Josemi was awful, you even saw a shot of carragher kicking off at him for going in for the tackle and fouling everytime, when he should have stood off.

ive never liked morientes since he joined and unfortunatly, my predictions were right.

why we are even THINKING of off-loading Cisse when morientes is in the squad bemuzes me, it really does

rockykabir said:
All this pressure on supposedly being applied on Rafa to sign Owen is starting to worry me...wasn't the reason he left Valencia due to the disagreements between him and the board?
Good point. But then again, if Rafa made it clear that he doesnt want to be pushed around, no board is stupid enough to make him leave.

I really really think that Figo would have had a major impact on the flow of Liverpool's attacking game. And selling Cisse would definetely be a very bad idea...

Good day out in Monaco, that place is something else. Shocking performance from Josemi, and Morientes was bad enough for a chant of, "There's only one Michael Owen" to kick off. Cisse had a good game when he came on but the bigger problem is our utter negativity when attacking; utter refusal to attack with pace, wide midfielders with a deep unwillingness to take on players and a real lack of verve. On the plus side, Sissoko looked tasty (he should develop well) and Cisse had a fine game, but it was not a game to be looked upon fondly.

In reply to whoever asked, we were severely outnumbered in the Stade Louis II, the Russians were out in force: I'd say they occupied 3 of the 4 stands so it must have been a bigger occasion for them than for us. I'm having incredible luck with Liverpool at the moment; getting handed tickets to Istanbul and Monaco despite my lack of season ticket, and tickets to Chelsea home in the Champs league look set too. Let's hope I watch a more vibrant Liverpool.

I really dont know, im just saying that from the games ive seen you play this season, im seeing glimpses of last season.

Boro, wasted too many chances.
Sunderland, couldnt really score from open play, missed a lot of chances from Cisse.
Super Cup, struggled for long periods of time, couldnt really get use of the wingers.

Im just saying that it just seems like it.

A strange quote from Soccernet:

Newcastle have just three days to recruit Owen or one of their alternative targets - Nicolas Anelka and Luis Boa Morte have proved too expensive, while Feyenoord are reluctant to allow Dirk Kuyt to leave - with the transfer window due to close on Wednesday.

Does this mean Nicholas and Luis costs more than 16M pounds? Or their selling price is too much for the player's caliber?

Probably the price too high for the player's caliber dude.

By the way, the BBC now reports Bouma is close to signing for Villa now, so Liverpool must not have shown that much interest. Bouma is a good player, but obviously not Spanish.

I think Josemi and Whitbread (or Traore) can play sparringly in the CB if in the end we won't be getting any CBs ..

The most urgent need is Right Winger. And yet no names have been mentioned so far in the media is abit concerning.

But TRUST in Benitez ! 3 more days of wacko jacko by the Media ..

A lot of deals are done on the last day.
It should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom