Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Well after a couple of minutes of thinking, they match their valuation but Owen hasn't said Yes.

Hopefully what Owen said earlier will come fruition, come on Liverpool bring him back !

I agree. He has said (listening to the radio, me) through his agent that he would like to be in Madrid's first team, but if not, would like to return to Liverpool. If not, then he would consider Newcastle but only on a year long loan. Newcastle may offer the money but who wants to go there?.....Particularly with Souness in charge....

yeah but he doesnt wanna join newi he wants to say liverpool come get me by saying he will join newcastlke and he wants liverpool to pip them like real madrid did to cicinho he was going to man u untill late bid for real

But does Benitez truly want Owen, he's praised other strikers he's expressed interest in(Kuyt, Crouch) but when it comes to Owen - "We need centre back & right winger not centre forward...". That quote is hilarious.

We could of had Adriano on the pitch last night and we still wouldn't have scored, it is quite obvious we really need a proper right sided player to balance the midfield off. Once we do that then it will give us more options with playing Garcia or Kewell down the middle when we decide to field a team like last nights.

crayon said:
LOL....Newcastle......lets swap Owen for Traore.....:D

I'd barter that clutz for 3 magic beans and a pint of piss. :mrgreen:

same applies for Crouch i think tht is the worst signing Liverpool have made this season if not in histroy lol! especially with the availablity of Owen and for 7 million its disgraceful1!! Benitez turn it in son

I think the perfect striker for Liverpool would be someone pacey like Cisse but with the physique of Morientes.

These kinds of strikers cost a lot though, eg. Adriano.

But you get the idea.

Crouch was a fucking waste.

Oh come on guys give the beanpole a chance .. he hasn't touch the ball yet and u guys are giving him sh*t. He was better scoring-wise than any other strikers we have last season ..

From his other performances that ive seen for his former clubs, hes just a tall guy ;)

Anyway, with Souness now ruling out a loan move, Owen is destined to link up with Sherear with a permanent switch.

Killswitch said:
same applies for Crouch i think tht is the worst signing Liverpool have made this season if not in histroy lol! especially with the availablity of Owen and for 7 million its disgraceful1!! Benitez turn it in son

When Crouch was bought, Owen wasn't available. He was then became available after Real landed Robinho and Baptista, end of story.

Sulph, I like Crouch to prove you wrong ! :) I think he can be crucial in the away teams, like what Duncan can do with our neigbours. (Btw, they lost against Villareal today ..)

Last edited:

koolaje said:
Sulph, I like Crouch to prove you wrong !
normal-smile.gif
I think he can be crucial in the away teams, like what Duncan can do with our neigbours. (Btw, they lost against Villareal today ..)
That's exactly why we don't want him because we don't want to play like the shite across the Mersey. Liverpool play with more class and our midfield is just missing that right-winger and signing players like Crouch and Stelios (inevitable) is not the sign of a serious championship contender although Momo & Reina look good I’d like to see what Benitez does in the next couple of days

MO_DINERO said:
That's exactly why we don't want him because we don't want to play like the shite across the Mersey.

Rafa used Carew (some might say a pretty average, but tall, player) upfront in Valencia. And Valencia played anything but route one football :D

Give Crouch a chance Sulph - the guy only played two games!. Just cos he's unfashionable or crammed full of hype like most of your signings don't stop him from being a useful player ;)

Rafa knows what he's doing. I'm finding it fascinating that he's not falling for the obvious targets and picking all these so-called random players - but you know that they will play their heart and soul for the club.

"All we are saying. . .is give Pete a chance. .. "

I would start beanpole over Morientes any day of the week. Dont get me wrong, i certainly hope we sign Owen back to guarantee some finishing, cuz i have serious doubts about Morientes, and Cisse's decision making and accuracy have always concerned me.

Having said that, i really think Crouch can bag at around 15 goals for us this season. . even more if he gets proper service from a Solano-type winger.

Pete's got very solid ball skills, holds the ball up nicely and actually involves his teammatems. Crouchadonna. . . you heard it here first. :mrgreen:

RUMOUR CENTRAL - there is word of another attempt by Bolton to land Hamann; this time in a transfer deal.

I hope its false and the Kaiser stays. Sissoko couldnt get a better apprenticeship from anyone.

ghazi said:
"All we are saying. . .is give Pete a chance. .. "

Having said that, i really think Crouch can bag at around 15 goals for us this season. . even more if he gets proper service from a Solano-type winger.

Pete's got very solid ball skills, holds the ball up nicely and actually involves his teammatems. Crouchadonna. . . you heard it here first. :mrgreen:

share the drugs man dont keep them to yourself.....

Butatista said:
If Crouch can score 13 goals in a relegation team, why can't he score 15 in a side in Europe pushing the top 4? I think its realistic tbh.

I see he passed you the pipe.....

LFC finished nearer to relegation than the top last year so maybe you've got a point..

We'll see though....

Shit - that Champs League draw did us no favors. Betis is not a joke when they get rolling.

Ah well. We've beaten Chelsea before and can certainly take them for 3 in one of the games.

Cant wait to see Forlan back at ManUSA. lol. When he scores, they're gonna zoom right into SAF's beet red face, and then probably switch to a shot of Glazer's zombie smile. . .he'll probably be clapping cuz he has no idea what happened. :)

ghazi said:
Cant wait to see Forlan back at ManUSA. lol. When he scores, they're gonna zoom right into SAF's beet red face, and then probably switch to a shot of Glazer's zombie smile. . .he'll probably be clapping cuz he has no idea what happened. :)

Just say no!

Back
Top Bottom