DC Hyypia

MR Garcia
MC Sissoko
MC Alonso
MC Gerrard
ML Riise/zenden

SC Cisse
SC Baros :< / Sinama

i just dont think morientes and crouch are good enough.

Morientes is way past his best.. it will take more than two goals in a CL game to convice me he was a good buy .. and crouch is well .. crouch

Re: Liverpool Thread

On the positive side, Liverpool have pretty much dominated the chances and the run of play in their games. A little more luck. . or skill. lol. . and they woulda easily won both games.

On the negative side, poor finishing should not be as easily excusable as it is for other teams, because we HAVE been playing competetive matches on the European stage. Missed points today are just as important as missed points at the end of the season. .they all are worth the same amount.

I live Cisse, but i have always been worried by his decisions in front of goal and his accuracy. I think he looks to make dramatic plays rather than the smart plays on too many occasions. Right now, i am sure that being played on the wing isnt gonna help him get into his groove either. i think FloPongolle should be placed out there if we really want a speedster on the edge. He played there v Arsenal last year and did really well.

I am not sold on Morientes, either. He has me clamoring for Crouch if we are gonna continue playing a lone target striker.

Personally, with the talented passers we have with Zenden, Stevie and Alonso, why not play Cisse up top and let him run onto some well-made passes??

I wish Benitez would play Cisse upfront, he's wasted if he's made to play on the wing. There are still some areas of his game that he needs to work on but the potential & ability is there.

Pongolle should be back soon in the first team which is good.

A bid from Villa for Baros has been accepted

Meira and Agger they are. Not heard much of either.

We need baros out the club asap for the money, we will then see our defender and right winger

yeah was just on local news, he should be passing his medical in the morning and the deal is then completed.

woo, new players soon :D

But which new players is the question. We are being linked with Dirk Kuyt in todays papers, now correct me if I`m wrong but isnt he a striker?!

I heard rumours of Stelios for 2m, i think that would be a good signing, he can score plenty of goals from midfield and he is a very underrated player.

CWright said:
But which new players is the question. We are being linked with Dirk Kuyt in todays papers, now correct me if I`m wrong but isnt he a striker?!

It's going to be a wait & watch when the transfer window nears to a close, it will be either Owen or Kuyt.

I don't know about you guys but I'm worried about the strike force we've got:

Cisse - hot and cold, I think he's more concerned about his hairstyle and why is Rafa playing him on the wing?

Morientes - love El Moro but I'm starting to think he can't coupe with the physical side of the premiership although I suppose it's early days.

Crouch - well Crouch is Crouch I don't rate him at all, I hope I'm wrong.

Baros signed for Villa today as much as the majority of this thread doesn’t rate him knowing him he'll probably net 15+ for Villa...
Stelios for 2M I hope this is media crap, Liverpool weren't prepared to pay a penny for Figo so I can't see them paying 2M for Stelios but I said that about Crouch and look what happened

I don't see how Baros' chance of playing first team will improve much if he goes to villa. He'll have to play rotation with Angel and Philips anyway as he would have done with us. Its even more random for him to reject Lyon where he could have had some ECL games.

Anyways, game has started!

Shit half, 2nd half has to be better

Currently losing 0-1

We played better in the 2nd half. Their goal was quite amazing though and no one to blame - Sissoko gets better each game but has occasionally lost the ball tonight.

My main worry is that we do look quite average without Gerrard and Alonso though.

Well Mr. Benitez, lets see what you got settled till now: Get Zenden where we have have Riise and, if he will ever be injruy free, Kewell , not to forget this Garcia guy who was pretty good last year.... Smart , that's 4 guys for the left winger / half postion, on the right side there are still ZERO. great move so far. then you send to hell the only striker that last year showed at least a bit of danger in front of the oppositions net only to get the taller, slower brother of morientes, what it makes even smarter to not have one player who could bring in a high ball from the right side in your lineup. a even better move is to get another center/defensive half player, sure who wouldn't do that with only gerrard, alonso and hamann in your squad, hell why not play next time sissoko TOGETHER with gerrard as the only striker and put cisse right back in the central defener position where we are still stuck with exactly 2 players able to play this postion ?

rockykabir said:
Their goal was quite amazing though and no one to blame

Sorry, that's the only thing I don't agree with you about. That was sloppy marking....you should always be looking out for the short layoff, especially in that position. Kind of obvious it's a cross or a pullback. Oh well, anyway, we're in the draw...question is:will Everton be after tomorrow night? :mrgreen:

Fuckin hell this finishing drought is torture isnt it?lol.

My concerns with Morientes are confirmed every time i see him play. He makes nice layoffs and holds up well, but i really dont see him being an effective striker. Cisse will be criticized by some, but i think its clear that he is more of a threat when he's playing up top and centrally, rather than alone on the wing. Let him get into the mix.

Sissoko is a manchildwidlebeast. I think i love him. I hope he learns to calm his anger and aggresiveness.

Who would have thought we'd be clamoring for Crouchie to start? lol. (axctually, i really do think he'll do well at Liverpool).

rockykabir said:
Goddamnit..... I knew Rafa was goin wrong with his tactics by playing 11 players. England22 for Sporting Director!

read my mind :P

i think was half asleep when i came up with that line up :P

Back
Top Bottom