Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

ugh - couldashouldawoulda won that game by several goals. Yakubu is a fearsome force of nature and i wondered why we never made a move for him last season, as i think he was a pretty good bargain given the goals he puts away.

On any other night, Stevie woulda grabbed a hattrick. Sissoko looked shaky at first, but as the game went on, you could see him finding his feet and making his mark on the game. I was really impressed with how well he performed in his first EPL game and the fact that he showed the ability to continually place himself in the right spot to disrupt Boro's transition game. Once he's polished i think he'll be an imposing force.

Anyone would choose Liverpool other than Everton.

Whats that thing i heard this summer?

Theryre only two good teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Yes, Sissoko is quality, he IS the next Vieira. In fact, he's already 10x better than he was at 20. I'm so glad we got him, been a fan of his ever since he debuted at Valencia. Even though he wasn't as good yesterday as he's been in pre-season and at Valencia he still is wicked. His passing was catastrophical yesterday but I don't hold that against the young lad, was his EPL debut after all.

I dunno about the Sissoko/Viera comparassion tbh, but yeah I like the look of him so far. For it's more of him doing the Makele stuff breaking down attacks(which he does well) and playing it simple. He needs to work on his distribution Rafa did state that "he's not bad on ball, but will improve..." upon signing him.

www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149673050815-1128.htm

Now this is what I like to see...

Last edited:

That;s true....mind you, Morinho certainly was complaining about his team too.

Sad to hear about Baros, he'll get the minutes he needs elsewhere.

Anyway, Bring in OWEN !!!! :)

Certainly all about the money. Can't see Villa doing anything useful with Baros and Phillips. I think that he doesn't really have that much ambition as a player considering where he's probably going. Surprise, surprise that no "top" teams have come in for him despite his Euro 2004 performances.....

crayon said:
Certainly all about the money. Can't see Villa doing anything useful with Baros and Phillips. I think that he doesn't really have that much ambition as a player considering where he's probably going. Surprise, surprise that no "top" teams have come in for him despite his Euro 2004 performances.....

exactly. A few weeks of play doesnt mask the fact that he is still not a complete striker who struggles to involve his teammates. I would love for Liverpool to send him off and get Solano in return, as that would solve some RM issues.

.....I tell you what though, I have always liked Steed Malbranque - I think he could do a good job for us. Still at the right age too.

ghazi said:
exactly. A few weeks of play doesnt mask the fact that he is still not a complete striker who struggles to involve his teammates. I would love for Liverpool to send him off and get Solano in return, as that would solve some RM issues.

Well call me Raffa en espanol. . .apparently Rafa is considering a move for Solano as a makeweight in a Baros deal. :applause:

Salihamadzic is another target (from Bayern Munich).

* this is according to Foxsoccer.com

crayon said:
Solano better than Cheyrou debate starts here...:D

Not much of a debate is it? :)

I love Malbranque, too, but i dont think Fulham would want to part with him. He's there best hope of avoiding the drop.

How often does he play on the flank for them? I have seen him play centrally most of the times i have seen him, but i know he can play across the board.

ghazi said:
Not much of a debate is it? :)
:lmao: I guess sarcasm is the lowest form of wit..... :mrgreen:

There were rumours of a Malbranque move by LFC on Yahoo the other day, but I presume it is paper talk (or net talk, as it were ;) ).

Milanista said:
Why are Liverpool letting go of Cisse AND Baros for Owen?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,428-1740272,00.html

It'll be very difficult to keep two (very similar) class players in a team - I can't see them (i.e. Cisse and Owen) both playing together so one of them has to keep the bench warm.

As much as I admire some of his play so far, Cisse's value has definitely shot up over the past few weeks. It may be, dare I say it, worthwhile to sell him to get 2-3 players that Rafa actually wants (Cisse strictly was Houillier's signing).

Maybe Owen would be a better choice as he is a proven Premiership scorer?

Last edited:

I watched the game and here are my thoughts.

Can Cisse head a ball?

Gerrard looked alright, nothing special this time.

Alonso's free kick was brilliant! I assumed (and the keeper assumed - i think) that the free kick was going to go over the wall instead of around.

As for Warnock, not so impressive, most of Sunderlands attacks came from that wing.

A lot of credit must be given to sunderland as they played very very well and did not deserve teh sending off, even though it was cynical, a warning should have been given and at most a yellow!

Sunderland seemed to only break up Liverpool's play by giving away fouls, which shows good signs for you guys.

Could you be worried about how you did not convert all your chances?

I didnt notice Baros on the pitch once he came on.

Sissoko looks like a very promising guy!

Hyypia and Carra did deal with everything well however.

Highlights in the Football Highlights thread

Here are my player ratings.

Reina 6
Warnock 5
Hyypia 7
Carragher 7
Finnan 7
Gerrard 7
Alonso 8
Zenden 6
Morientes 7
Cisse 5
Sissoko 7

Cisse cannot be played as a right winger... RB is doing to Cisse what GH did to Diouf .. and that is ruin him!

from a 20+ striker .. to a 5 goal winger

england22 said:
Cisse cannot be played as a right winger... RB is doing to Cisse what GH did to Diouf .. and that is ruin him!

from a 20+ striker .. to a 5 goal winger

True mate, this is what I've been saying the last year. If you want goals play Djibril up front and he'll deliver. Only seen Rafa play him as a striker 2 or 3 times. Ridiculous. Putting a world-class striker on the wing.. ppfffft!

Back
Top Bottom