Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I dont see why they wont even spend 2M to get him, i think it will be worth it towarsd their campaign this season.

I know how you feel Sabac Red..............I think Rafa knows best (when you've won the CL, it gives you invincibility:))...well, at least better than GH did.....

Looking forward to buying the new away shirt anyway but why do they make the badge so small? Does anybody know when it's out?

crayon said:
Looking forward to buying the new away shirt anyway but why do they make the badge so small? Does anybody know when it's out?
It should be out towards the end of July, I think its much better than the previous yellow away kit but personally I don't like Reebok, Adidas and Puma does it for me...
Regarding Figo, OK he's 32 but he's got at least 2 to 3 years of good football left in him, yet Liverpool can't be bothered to pay a measly £2M (measly in footballing terms, obviously not to you and me though) for him. Lets not forget he cost Real £37M when they bought him and who, three seasons ago was arguably Real's best player. I know he is not the player he used to be but like McAllister he will have invaluable experience and Liverpool really need someone with quality on the right.

If Figo doesn't come then I would seriously think about getting Pires in, I don't think he's signed a new contract with Arsenal yet and he's got a good goal scoring record in the premiership...

Is it just me or does nobody want Rafa to sign Crouch especially not for £8M!

Tonight's prediction:

Liverpool 6 (Morientes 3, Cisse, Gerrard, Garcia)
TNS 1 (Traore O.G)
icon_mrgreen.gif

MO_DINERO said:

Tonight's prediction:

TNS 1 (Traore O.G)
icon_mrgreen.gif

The 8 Mill could be spent on someone better than Crouch, it will be interesting to see what does go on with the deal. Surely we wouldnt pay that much for him, would we?!

I had also heard a rumour that we had agreed a deal for Upson from Brum, though I am waiting for the official word on it.

Tonights prediction:

Liverpool 89
TNS 1

A goal a minute would be lovely ;)

MO_DINERO said:

Tonight's prediction:

TNS 1 (Traore O.G)
icon_mrgreen.gif

The 8 Mill could be spent on someone better than Crouch, it will be interesting to see what does go on with the deal. Surely we wouldnt pay that much for him, would we?!

I had also heard a rumour that we had agreed a deal for Upson from Brum, though I am waiting for the official word on it.

Tonights prediction:

Liverpool 89
TNS 1

TNS to score first ;)

Well you have supposed to have had a 8m bid turned down for Milito! As for Crouch and his 8m price tag my question would be why did you sell Heskey?

MO_DINERO said:

Personally, I think if we use Crouch the way I'm thinking Rafa is hoping, he'll be worth the £8M (it is a bit extortionate but thats British players for you!). He will add a much needed variety in the attack and he is quite a good player - not remarkable mind - but good enough as a squad player for some difficult matches. He is next to impossible to defend against in the air (providing he gets the right service) and creates play for others.

I've been dreading the signing of Figo ever since it came up imo. The difference between him and McCallister is that he's already done it all and is blatantly looking to spend the last few playing days gobbing up cash in wages. His claims that it'll be his dream to play for Liverpool is blatantly BS.

He has many times before stated that he likes the premier league.

rockykabir said:
I've been dreading the signing of Figo ever since it came up imo. The difference between him and McCallister is that he's already done it all and is blatantly looking to spend the last few playing days gobbing up cash in wages. His claims that it'll be his dream to play for Liverpool is blatantly BS.

But still Figo is capable of pulling out something special, he'll be a good stopgap til some new talent emerges.

As for Crouch I don't understand why we are letting Southampton hold us to ransom(they want £2 or £3 more mil to the £6 that we've already offered).

Now Redknapp & low are talking about deadlines blah blah blah....

Personally anything over £5m for Crouch is a waste of money, there are big strikers around Europe who could do the "making defenders jobs in the air more difficult..." cost less have european cup experience and would bring in quality. Like Koller, Corradi, Kuijt etc...

Mellor is a better forward than Crouch.

I don't think so .. although we haven't seen the real Mellor yet, we saw what Crouch can do for Southampton. Although its apparent that "star" players in smaller clubs wouldn't do as good of a job if he's playing in Liverpool. I mean, yes he was given more chances in those teams, but wouldn't he have better service in Liverpool? I hope he'll come, but I have to say that we have quite alot of Strikers already.

Let me count: Morientes, Cisse, Baros, Sinama Pongolle, Mellor? And we're suppose to play 4-5-1 mostly?

I think figo could make much more money going elsewhere but wants to play in England and for Liverpool. I think he really wants to win some trophies and throw them in Real's and Luxemborgo's face.

I think 8 million for Crouch is a shitload for the gangly giraffe. And i was furious at the idea. . . . But in his defense:

- he scored more goals than any Pool player last year
- his service was generally crap compared to what he'll get at Liverpool from Zenden, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia and maybe Figo
- none of his 14 goals were penalties
- I believe all of his goals came AFTER January, so it wasnt a full season.
- he played for a relegated team. Imagine what he could do for a team with world class midfielders and better passing. not to mention with the attention being given to his teammates.
- lastly, in many of his goals last season, he EARNED the goal with footwork, dribbling and movement and not by merely knocking it in with his height.

If he can score 14 with S'hampton from January till the end of the season, i wonder if he can score many more with Liverpool all season.

Gerrards third goal was simply world class. I mean to aim it so precisely.
I was in awe.

koolaje said:
Let me count: Morientes, Cisse, Baros, Sinama Pongolle, Mellor? And we're suppose to play 4-5-1 mostly?

We only played the 4-5-1 because of our injury/fitness problems, this season will be 4-4-2 no doubt

I hope so, most of the premierships entertaining games only come with teams playing 4-4-2, and didnt Gerrard play up front for you guys once due to all the injury problems?

kevano22 said:
We only played the 4-5-1 because of our injury/fitness problems, this season will be 4-4-2 no doubt

I remember that once read about an article that says RB, when he was in Valencia, played 4-5-1 with Mista as the lone striker. Well you can say that Valencia has much better Midfielders then Strikers and no cash to spend, so that would mean he was in the similar situation as with Liverpool last season.

I agree that you have play 2 stikers in front at least to make the game interesting. I totally agree on that, just hoping my latter assumption turns up wrong.

Did anyone see what formation they're using against TNS? I think 2 strikers?

Crouch and Morientes?
You lot will be deadly in the air.

Liverpool v Leverkusen tonight coverage starts at 18:20 on channel Five, if you haven't got digital I think DSF (German satellite channel) is also showing the match live

Lets see how large John Barnes head is this week, it seems to get larger every time I see him

CWright said:
Lets see how large John Barnes head is this week, it seems to get larger every time I see him
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom