Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Madrid want a transfer fee of around £2million for Figo, I'd say we should just pay it especially if we're so willing to pay £7m for crouch.

Sissoko good signing, now enough midfielders already(Ok Aimar being the last), Nunez to leave & hopefully Diao.

Now all we need is another striker & and a central defender.

New striker? Mr Saviola is available for under £10m, if i was Benitez i'd gamble and make a move for him, the other three teams that have bid aren't as high up in the popularity stakes as Liverpool

proxi said:
New striker? Mr Saviola is available for under £10m, if i was Benitez i'd gamble and make a move for him, the other three teams that have bid aren't as high up in the popularity stakes as Liverpool

I'm thinking Rafa is looking for a typical English striker specifically for the Premiership. Although Saviola would be a nice acquisition if Baros was to leave...

Wrexham 1 Liverpool 2

Morientes scores two to cancel out Wrexham's Mark Jones' early goal
53216824.jpg

my mate has the e-season ticket, he let me use his login and password because he wasnt able to watch

its SHITE

i watched the first 25 mins, then it fucked up and i couldnt watch the rest of the game

very very shoddy, dont waste your money on it.

E-tickets - charging good money when the technology ain't up to it yet.:(

Well, Figo is now negotiating with Inter. Rui Costa, good friend of Figo, also said today on tv that Figo is close to signing for Inter. Tbh hes not worth 2m as hes an ageing star whos pretty much lost it in the last few years.

Liverpool deserve someone better than Gallas. You dont win the CL and then go for Gallas. Liverpool need to go BIG when it comes to transfers. What else are you supposed to do with the prize money?

RuneEdge said:
Liverpool deserve someone better than Gallas. You dont win the CL and then go for Gallas. Liverpool need to go BIG when it comes to transfers. What else are you supposed to do with the prize money?

Its all one step at a time mate. We simply can't spend most of our budget on the Nestas, Ferdinands etc.. - but I reckon maybe Rafa is using this as a ploy to land Milito cheap.

Gallas is good though. On top of this, he publicly stated that he prefers to play in a more central defensive position - something we can provide.

Rune, Gallas is a great player, hes very versatile and super quick. Actually, last season, Chelsea conceded fewer goals with the Terry Gallas partnership than the Terry Carvalho partnership.

I believe Gallas, if he moves to Liverpool, will also be 3rd in the pecking order, although it must be said that Carra and Hyppia can't play in every game this season. Nothing wrong with Hyppia, but if we have a solid Hyppia or a pacy Gallas to choose from, would that be even better FOR Liverpool? I bet both will play plenty of matches. AND Of course Carra is gonna play in every game, how can you expect less? :-)

Nah man, Gallas will be first Choice along with Carragher, unless he plays a right back position.

Sulph said:
Nah man, Gallas will be first Choice along with Carragher, unless he plays a right back position.

Err are you saying RB is going to drop Hyppia if Gallas is around?

BS ! :-) He was our best defender last season (behind Carragher ..)

I don't think he'll play right back since Gallas is playing there @ Chelsea, which he dislikes.

No no, Gallas does not dislike right back, he dislikes left back. He can play all 3 but does not mind playing either Centre or right back.

I think he should play right back but then Finnan will have to be dropped, and he hasnt done that bad.

By the way Figo has expressed a move to Liverpool as his dream.

crayon said:
Figo wouldn't have said that 4 years ago!

if shaktor donezk had won the CL last year and would quarantee him 5 mio $ a year i'm pretty sure he would have dreamed to play for this club either , fucking mercenary mentality ...

Why do all of his interviews end with something along the lines of "But dreams never come true"?

Figo always said that he wanted to play in england.
But Figo would bring quality to the team, no doubt. And I don't believe Lpool is willing to pay 5M€ a year for him.

That's an "escape" route .. so wherever he ends up, ppl can't do anything :)

Anyway, I think he'll be a very useful player if he ends up here. Next season will be mouth-watering! Can't wait for TNS!!

If plays anything like last season then your in for a dissapointment. What he will bring in though is a jump in shirt sales.

Figo will also bring some sorely needed experience and guile on the right wing. That would allow Garcia to play more behind the striker, where i think he is more effective anyway. . .and Nunez looks to be leaving as well, so the depth there is a little light.

Yeah our right side of midfield is very unbalanced at the moment compared to te ridiculous amount of left-sided players we've got.

Gallas would be a great signing but Barcelona would be the most likely destination, it's either going to be Upson or Milito if we're lucky both.

Rafa wants Crouch, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Back
Top Bottom