Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

RuneEdge said:
I'm not gonna believe anything Gerrard says until I officially see a transfer.
I mean, if he was gonna leave, we would have known a few months ago.
I dont see how all of a sudden a little bust up with the manager (if that even happened like how its been reported) can change that.

He's put in an offical transfer request.

Looks like he'll be on his way to Madrid.........

Gerrard has always looked like he would leave but its just that anything can happen in football and stories like this that have been dragging along for ages can prove that anything can happen in football.
I'm just someone that doesnt like to believe everything cuz I'v been let down so many times when believing stories like this.

I know the transfer request is official. But he hasnt left officially yet. Chelsea's bid has been turned down.

This came after Chelsea's bid was turned down though.
Anyway Real said that once Gerrard has made a formal request to leave, only then will they make a move. Its basically a battle of cash now.

My guess is Steven Gerrard will be given the no.7 shirt at Chelsea on or before July 17th.

Sulph said:
This came after Chelsea's bid was turned down though.
Anyway Real said that once Gerrard has made a formal request to leave, only then will they make a move. Its basically a battle of cash now.

My guess is Steven Gerrard will be given the no.7 shirt at Chelsea on or before July 17th.

and i reckon he'll go and join his buddies in Madrid.

True, and he also might not want to play for another English Club, however as for Liverpool i think they much rather him go to Chelsea for the money.

BREAKING NEWS!!!
GERRARD JOINS MANCHESTER UNITED
gerrardmanutd7yn.jpg

I always knew his heart was set at Old Trafford. I'm so happy for him.
Just look at how delighted he is.

Yup even if Madrid come in no doubt there payments for him will be staggered ect as Chelsea will be straight cash!

RuneEdge said:
BREAKING NEWS!!!
GERRARD JOINS MANCHESTER UNITED
gerrardmanutd7yn.jpg

I always knew his heart was set at Old Trafford. I'm so happy for him.
Just look at how delighted he is.
lol, you dreamer! :lmao:

I agree with mjp. We did alright when Keegan said he wanted to go didn't we? If he goes to Madrid that would be perfect as Madrid are users and abusers of any great talent. What a waste in their team. They need to sort out defence first. :lol:

Yeah i'd prefer to see him at Madrid than Chelsea, but then there's also Juventus who are looking for a midfielder to partner up with Emerson.

If he goes to Madrid it might not even be for straight cash, there was a paper rumour a few weeks back that the deal would be £20m plus Pablo Garcia and two of their best youth team players.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I love Stevie, but for fuck's sake we need to get this shit settled and moved forward. This season has shown me two things - (1) Liverpool does NOT need Stevie around to beat the best teams in the world and (2) Jamie Carragher is the real heart and soul of this team. . he's an unflinching soldier.

If he's off, then it better be to Spain where i can still cheer for him alongside Owen and Zizou. Something would be inherently wrong in seeing Stevie in Chelski blue, despite what a footy fan pleasure it would be to see him alongside Makelele, Duff, Robben, and Lampard.

This season made clear there aint nobody bigger than the club. If we can sell him and get some star signings, then I'll shed a few tears but raise a few beers as well.

. . . ok, i'll shed ALOT of tears, but whatever. We need to carry on.

I am quite saddened to hear this - I thought the past few days were all tabloid/agent talk but it all turns out to be true.

I blame these agents for creating such chaotic times in football these days. Apart from the odd player (i.e. Henry, Maldini), club loyalty just doesn't seem to exist in football nowadays. I honestly felt Gerrard was to stay with us for a long time yet.....

I sincerely wish the best to Gerrard wherever he wishes to go. But if I was to be truly honest, I don't think any club will go anywhere if so much dependence was spent on one player. I trust Benitez, and if Gerrard's sale results in him bringing in a few good players to the club, then should have our full support....

I must say i'm saddened, but it has been coming. Good luck Stevie wherever you go. I hope Benitez buys Ballack, he's an ideal replacement!

Sabac Red said:
Yeah i'd prefer to see him at Madrid than Chelsea, but then there's also Juventus who are looking for a midfielder to partner up with Emerson.

If he goes to Madrid it might not even be for straight cash, there was a paper rumour a few weeks back that the deal would be £20m plus Pablo Garcia and two of their best youth team players.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

After the Nunez + 6mil fiasco deal with Owen, I'll prefer to sell to Chelsea

He released a statement

Steven Gerrard has released a statement to Sky Sports News explaining why he wants to leave Liverpool.

The England midfielder admits the decision to quit his boyhood idols has been a gut-wrenching one and that his initial thought after the UEFA Champions League victory was to remain at Anfield.

However, he has changed his mind, as he did last term when snubbing a move to Chelsea to commit his future to the Merseysiders.

"The last six weeks have been the toughest of my life," he informed Sky Sports News. "The decision I have come to has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make.

"I fully intended to sign a new contract after the Champions League final but the events of the past five or six weeks have changed all that.

"I have too much respect for the club and the people at it to get involved in a slanging match."

Gerrard inspired Liverpool's remarkable second half comeback against Milan in Istanbul and has been a key figure for Rafa Benitez's side.

Chelsea and Real Madrid are leading the chase for the midfield icon's signature as Liverpool fans come to terms with their favourite son's decision to turn his back on the European Cup holders.

He has already joined Man Utd. Havent you read the news?

I've desperately wanted him for a loooooooooooong time. Even the manager sees him as THE person that could replace Keane.

Nothing to do with Gerrard but ive just been told Baros will sign for us on a years loan tomorrow! now im not saying this is set in stone but the lad that told me has a good track record when it comes to city transfers!

jamie_mack said:
Nothing to do with Gerrard but ive just been told Baros will sign for us on a years loan tomorrow! now im not saying this is set in stone but the lad that told me has a good track record when it comes to city transfers!
But did he provide a picture like I did?

So Gerrard finally decides to leave.
It's sad, but Liverpool FC will move on.
I hope we get solid cash (35-40mill) for him and sign
atleast 3 good players.
Ballack and/or Baraja would be ideal. But I doubt Ballack
would join us.
We still need a good striker too. (maybe Kuijt)

If you have £40million in your hands and you just lost Gerrard, the first thing to do would be to find a Gerrard replacement.

ghazi said:
I love Stevie, but for fuck's sake we need to get this shit settled and moved forward. This season has shown me two things - (1) Liverpool does NOT need Stevie around to beat the best teams in the world and (2) Jamie Carragher is the real heart and soul of this team. . he's an unflinching soldier.

If he's off, then it better be to Spain where i can still cheer for him alongside Owen and Zizou. Something would be inherently wrong in seeing Stevie in Chelski blue, despite what a footy fan pleasure it would be to see him alongside Makelele, Duff, Robben, and Lampard.

This season made clear there aint nobody bigger than the club. If we can sell him and get some star signings, then I'll shed a few tears but raise a few beers as well.

It's pretty easy to agree with this post. I'd prefer Gerrard to stay, but I think Liverpool can form a just as strong, if not stronger, team in his absence... I'm really not that worried about it, I really just want this whole thing to be over with.

The one issue I don't understand is people being upset with Gerrard leaving over (presumably) money. I've read all over the internet people complaining that he should just be happy making "100,000" a week wages instead of "150,000" a week... and I'm sorry but that's crazy. Players in every sport typically get just one chance to "cash in" and get paid. When is Gerrard's value ever going to be higher? Never. And if he is about to become the world's "richest footballer" or close to it, I can't blame him for passing on Liverpool's offer. Gerrard stands to make at least 5-10 million or more pounds more by moving away from Liverpool... a million here and a million there and soon we are talking about real money.

Let's take the money. At least we'll get market value this time, unlike the Owen transfer. Thank the stars the lad has at least made his intentions clear.

If you believe hes leaving for money your in a dreamworld something else is definitly a miss!

Back
Top Bottom