Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

zzzzVapour said:
http://www.cadenaser.com/player.html?audioFile=20050525csrcsrdep_11.Aes

Listen to this clip of morientes on spanish radio, while watching Xabi's penalty. it's absolute class!!!

The spanish fookin love us!!!.......The commentater goes mad brasil style.

It had me jumping around like a mad man all over again. :applause: :lmao: \\:o/

That is too fukkin funny. I had to close my office door on that one. :applause:

Our new away kit!!! much nicer than last seasons shit!!...I'm gonna buy this one :)

p_MM3557.jpg

Fixture list is out - at Boro on opening day. I took a quick glance at the schedule and it seemed like, other than the Arsenal game which'll be reshceduled anyway, we dont face the top 4 teams till about December and January. could be a nice way to get a cushion of points and build some confidence in the team. . . if they dont have it already from being the. . .. (drumroll). .

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!! :mrgreen:

Liverpool's Premiership Fixtures 2005/06

August

Sat, Aug 13 Middlesbrough (A)
Sat, Aug 20 Sunderland (H)
Tue, Aug 23 Charlton Athletic (A)
Friday, Aug 26 CSKA Moscow Super Cup, Monaco
Sat, Aug 27 Arsenal (H)

September

Sat, Sep 10 Tottenham Hotspur (A)
Sat, Sep 17 Manchester United (H)
Sat, Sep 24 Birmingham City (A)

October

Sat, Oct 1 Chelsea (H)
Sat, Oct 15 Blackburn Rovers (H)
Sat, Oct 22 Fulham (A)
Tue/Wed, Oct 25/26 Carling Cup 3rd round
Sat, Oct 29 West Ham United (H)

November

Sat, Nov 5 Aston Villa (A)
Sat, Nov 19 Portsmouth (H)
Sat, Nov 26 Manchester City (A)
Tue/Wed, Nov 29/30 Carling Cup 4th round

December

Sat, Dec 3 Wigan Athletic (H)
Sat, Dec 10 Middlesbrough (H)
Sat, Dec 17 Sunderland (A)
Tue/Wed, Dec 20/21 Carling Cup 5th round
Mon, Dec 26 Newcastle United (H)
Wed, Dec 28 Everton (A)
Sat, Dec 31 West Bromwich Albion (H)

January 2006

Mon, Jan 2 Bolton Wanderers (A)
Sat, Jan 7 FA Cup 3rd round
Tue/Wed, Jan 10/11 Carling Cup Semi-Final 1st leg
Sat, Jan 14 Tottenham Hotspur (H)
Sat, Jan 21 Manchester United (A)
Tue/Wed, Jan 24/25 Carling Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg
Sat, Jan 28 FA Cup 4th round
Tue, Jan 31 Birmingham City (H)

February

Sat, Feb 4 Chelsea (A)
Sat, Feb 11 Wigan Athletic (A)
Sat, Feb 18 FA Cup 5th round
Sat, Feb 25 Manchester City (H)
Sun, Feb 26 Carling Cup Final in Cardiff

March

Sat, Mar 4 Charlton Athletic (H)
Sat, Mar 11 Arsenal (A)
Sat, Mar 18 Newcastle United (A)
Wed, Mar 22 FA Cup quarter-finals
Sat, Mar 25 Everton (H)

April

Sat, Apr 1 West Bromwich Albion (A)
Sat, Apr 8 Bolton Wanderers (H)
Sat, Apr 15 Blackburn Rovers (A)
Mon, Apr 17 Fulham (H)
Sat, Apr 22 West Ham United (A) Also FA Cup semi-final date
Sat, Apr 29 Aston Villa (H)

May

Sun, May 7 Portsmouth (A)
Sat, May 13 FA Cup Final

im liking the last 6-7 games of the season, if we need points at a vital stage, with respect, we arnet playing the best of teams!

Who would have thought it eh, the team who were apparently offering us a play off game to see who went into the Champs League.

Could have been worse ;)

koolaje said:
TNS? It sounds like a software development company ..
Almost, they're a computer networking company :mrgreen:

First leg will be at Anfield, the second leg looks likely to be at the Racecourse as TNS's ground isn't up to UEFA standard...... if that's the case it looks like I'll be going to the second leg then! :mrgreen:

Piss easy tie for Liverpool me thinks! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:

We played TNS in a UEFA Cup Q a few years ago i think we won 7 or 8-0 on agg, cant see you having any problems!

In reaction to the draw, they'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight! :lol:

Honestly it'll be an easy task for Liverpool, even if they rested some players, I can't see why they can't win comfortably.

psycho7 said:
In reaction to the draw, they'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight! :lol:

Honestly it'll be an easy task for Liverpool, even if they rested some players, I can't see why they can't win comfortably.

. . after watching what happened in istanbul, i dont count any chickens until they're laying eggs of their own. ;) lol

So does anyone have a good connection to get tix to home games? I would love to come in October and see Chelski get beat.

Sounds like a friendly more than a UEFA qualifier:

Liverpool legend Ian Rush is considering coming out of retirement to play for Welsh minnows TNS against his former club in the Champions League first qualifying round.

Ian Rush: Anfield legend. (PeterRobinson/Empics)
TNS managing director Mike Harris is a close friend of the 43-year-old, and is hopeful the man who scored 346 goals for Liverpool can play a part for the Llansantffraid-based outfit.

Rush has confirmed he is still in excellent physical condition and revealed he will speak to Harris about the TNS chief's proposal.

'For me personally, it would be incredible to play against Liverpool,' he said.

'You have to be realistic about things and playing against the European champions would be a massive ask. But I certainly wouldn't rule it out and will speak to Mike and see what he says.

'I train every day and keep myself very fit by playing regularly. Playing at Anfield again in such a big game would be unbelievable and it would no doubt raise the profile of the game even more.

'I think I'd rather be sitting in the stand next to Mike watching the game and enjoying myself, but the lure of playing against Liverpool would be something special.'

Rush, who will represent Liverpool in the Masters tournament in Sheffield tomorrow, also backed Wrexham's Racecourse Ground to host the second leg on July 19 or 20.

A final decision has yet to be made between Wrexham and Cardiff's Millennium Stadium, which hosted TNS's UEFA Cup qualifier against Manchester City two years ago.

Rush said: 'If the first leg had been at TNS, then I think the Millennium Stadium would have been an ideal venue because of the size of the stadium.

'But there's a chance Liverpool will have the tie sewn up after the first leg at Anfield, so the Racecourse Ground would be ideal for the second leg.

'It's less than an hour's drive from Liverpool and rather than have a half-empty stadium, it's better to play at a packed Racecourse.'

Liverpool legend Ian Rush says he is unlikely to put on his scoring boots again and face the Reds as a guest player for Welsh minnows TNS in the Champions League, but didn't totally rule out the possibility.

Rush, now 43, is a good friend of TNS managing director Mike Harris and is due to play for Liverpool legends in the Sheffield Masters tournament on Sunday afternoon.

Harris wants to tempt Rush back to play against his former team in the Champions League first round qualifier.

Rush said: "Mike is a good friend of mine and I will be meeting him next week for a chat.

"But I do not think I will be coming out of retirement."

God I wish there were some real stories around at the moment

Liverpool have today confirmed our UEFA Champions League qualifier against TNS will be played at Anfield on Wednesday 13th July 2005 with kick-off at 7:45pm.

No date or venue has been set for the second leg althoug TNS have been informed by UEFA that they must name a venue in their own country on Tuesday.

"The match has to be played in the territory where the club comes from," claimed a spokesman for European football's governing body.

So any chance of it happening at Goodison as rumoured looks to be shite.

Last edited:

doubt it cos uefa won't let them play it outside wales, i reckon it'll get moved to wrexham

Extra revenue as they will get more gate receipts its been settled now any way its going to be at the racecourse!

It's been confirmed today that Liverpool are playing Wrexham in a friendly on 9th July at the Racecourse, before they play TNS there for the second leg.

I'll be at both games :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:

BBC

Liverpool have confirmed they have agreed a deal with Lincoln for highly-rated teenager Jack Hobbs.
A proposed move to Arsenal for Hobbs, 16, broke down when the Gunners refused to include a sell-on clause.

Lincoln director Keith Rowe earlier told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "I have sent a proposal to a major Premiership club in the north west."

The deal is subject to Hobbs successfuly coming through a week-long trial which will take place next week.

Have we bought anyone decent yet this summer? Gonna be a bit last minute, perhaps....?

Times

July 01, 2005

Liverpool hope González will spark influx

By Oliver Kay

LIVERPOOL hope to confirm the first in a flurry of summer signings today after agreeing a deal to take Mark González, the highly-rated young Albacete winger, on a season-long loan with a view to a £4.7 million move if he proves his fitness.

The 20-year-old was on course to move to Anfield on a permanent basis until he damaged knee ligaments playing against Levante on May 8, but, after learning that the Chilean should be ready for first-team action by the end of October, Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, urged his board to proceed with a loan deal.

The signing promises to be the first of several before next Wednesday’s registration deadline for the Champions League first qualifying round tie against Total Network Solutions, the Welsh champions. José Manuel Reina, the goalkeeper, could complete his £6 million move from Villarreal today while Lincoln City confirmed last night that Jack Hobbs, their promising 16-year-old defender, is heading to Anfield on trial with a view to a permanent deal.

Hobbs had been a target for Arsenal, but negotiations broke down when the London club allegedly refused to include a sell-on clause in the compensation package.

Zenden's signed, Good deal in my opinion. Decent squad player and pretty cheap for free.

danwin said:
Zenden's signed, Good deal in my opinion. Decent squad player and pretty cheap for free.
He'll sign on monday.

Zenden looks more & more like Jonathan Ross each time i see him.

Let's see if he entertains the audience as much as Wossy does ;)

I have to admit I'm a bit concerned as well, why is Liverpool taking so long to offer him a new deal on his contract? Surely if they wanted Gerrard to stay this matter would have been resolved a couple of weeks ago, at this rate it looks like Traore is gonna get a new contract before Gerrard!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Zenden is definitely a good bit of business decent player especially for FREE

Back
Top Bottom