Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

We made a cheeky bid for Luque already(with josemi thrown into it), Depor turned it down and say they want big money for him. Also Luque says that he wants to play for Athletico Madrid.

I wouldn't mind seeing Saviola in a red shirt....

I think we could work some serious magic with Aimar and winger Vicente from Valencia balancing out our midfield. Imagine the slection options at Rafa's disposal if he could choose to start a game with Vicente, Aimar, Gerrard, Alonso, and Hamann. Let's not forget the versatiel Riise or Garcia as well.

Figo would be fun to have for a couple of years, but Aimar and Vicente are still able to play for several more years, they know eachother and Benitez very well, and they are proven winners. . like the rest of the team. Methinks it would be a beautiful sight to behold.

ACK!! I just heard that Rafa wants Traore to stay around for a few more years, and Djimi wants to stay for a long time!! NOOOOOOOO! :shock: :puke: ](*,)

. . in unrelated news, Tina Turner wants Ike back in her life. . . :mrgreen:

Aimar and Vicente both at Liverpool would make very very envious.

Glavisted said:
Maybe include Albert Luque (Deportivo La Coruña) or Adam Johnson (Middlesbrough) if Milan Baros goes to other team.

U meant Andrew Johnson from Crystal Palace (who went down to D1)? I hope he's not another Jonathen Stead .... But Luque will be nice, although I sure want a Saviola instead :-)

Sabac Red said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Saviola in a red shirt....

Me too. I'm just hoping we can bolster our attacking midfield (Hamann is back so Def is OK), Zenden, Aimar and Vincente would be good. Vincente will be in the bench I think, since we have Alonso and Gerrard living in the middle with Hamann.

Hey that reminds me ... SWP will be an excellent addition :P hahaha. (Liv will need billions to take him to Anfield, look at his POTENTIAL .. )

I think Baros will be better next season, and I believe he will stay, it's just that during many parts of the season, we don't have that many .. or in some cases .. Zero or only one true strikers, and he was forced to play such a role that he wasn't going to excel.

Keeper: Reina, Dudek, Carson (Wonder what will happen to Kirkland ..)
Defender: Traore, Warnock, Carragher, Hyppia, Finnan, Josemi, Milito (Maybe) (Pellegrino is kicked out)
Midfield: Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Hamann, Riise, Zenden, Aimar, Vincente (Just Maybe), SWP (just for fun =P He will do marvels with Liverpool.)
Forward: Cisse, Pongolle, Morientes, Mellor, Baros, Luque (another maybe).

Heh I hope I didn't miss out on anyone .. oh Kewell ! He's a goner .. He was superb when he's not injured (with Leeds).

Vincente is a left winger, it would be a waste to put him on the bench.
Throw Traore on the bench and put Rise at left back.

haahahahahaha, Vicente on the bench? He's one of the best wingers in the world. I think some of the speculation is ridiculous to be honest. I can't see Benitez spending massive amounts on individual players, the squad needs building too much.

lumlum said:
Vincente is a left winger, it would be a waste to put him on the bench.
Throw Traore on the bench and put Rise at left back.

BINGO! My sentiments exactly. Can you imagine the overlapping danger they could stir with a left side with Riise and Vicente, while defenses are keyed on stevieG, Alonso and maybe Aimar? . . leaving Cisse up top. . .OH LAWD!

jamie_mack said:
well as long as you stay the hell away from SWP ill be a happy man!

lmao - love the kid. Would love to see him in Red. . and not Arsenal's red, either.

I just cant picture SWP in a Liverpool kit. But I can easily picture SWP playing for Arsenal. Its not just about his dad, its his style of play would do well for Arsenal.

These are the players we are being linked to:
-Zenden (LW, LB)
-Crouch (CF)
-Milito (CB)
-Reina (GK)
-Kuijt (CF)
-Aimar (OH)
-Vicente (LW)
-SWP (RW)

I dont see Crouch, Vicente or SWP joining.
Aimar looks very likely to me.

RuneEdge said:
I just cant picture SWP in a Liverpool kit. But I can easily picture SWP playing for Arsenal. Its not just about his dad, its his style of play would do well for Arsenal.

Perhaps, but his fearless heart would fit him right in at Anfield. ;)

Dirk Kuijt is someone i have only seen play in one or two games. Can anyone fill us in on his skills, weaknesses, etc. Freom what i remember, he was a bruising CF-type, with a decently powerful shot.

ghazi said:
Perhaps, but his fearless heart would fit him right in at Anfield. ;)
Thats one of the last things a person should look at when chosing a player for your team.
Its just that in some ways, SWP reminds me of Henry but a right sided version of him. Having both Henry and SWP in one side would be deadly.

RuneEdge said:
Thats one of the last things a person should look at when chosing a player for your team.

You're kidding, right? 'Pool's hearts won them as many vital games in Europe as their skill.

RuneEdge said:

Two words destroy your theory - HARRY KEWELL. :mrgreen:

Rumours of Peter Crotch to 'pool, What the fucks all that about?

MO_DINERO said:
Rumours of Peter Crotch to 'pool, What the fucks all that about?

Are you aware you mis-spelled Crouch or was that for comedy effect?

Apparently we are after a lanky target man and Crouch fits the bill, didnt we sell a target man last summer?

Oh did u mean Heskey? He's not gonna score anytime soon .. so we were right to sell him.

About Vincente, ok obviously I didn't do my homework. Then probably Vincente on the left of midfield, Riise back left, and Traore as backup. And boy .. we'll be one hell of an attacking team comes august :-) .. And yes I reserve my right to dream all we want since that history turning game :-)

Hold on guys .. I was only joking about SWP being targeted by 'Pool .. it's not in the media anywhere (except if you include this forum as one ..).

CWright said:
Are you aware you mis-spelled Crouch or was that for comedy effect?
comedy effect, I know it's shit
normal-smile.gif

I love watching Crouch. . mostly for the laffs at his awkwardness, but i dont see him being on this team. For what? If we get the MF's we want (Aimar, Vicente and maybe Marek Mintal) then we need a one-or-two-touch assasin in front of goal. I dont see Ichabod Crane fitting it. lol.

hmmm...I'll have to disagree. I think Crouch will be a useful acquistion - providing we get him cheap. Our main strikers will be Cisse/Morientes & co but when things get tight - especially in the premiership against one of the "lesser" teams - I can see Rafa throwing him on to destablise the opponents defence.

From what I read in the past, Crouch is surprisingly quite good with his feet and makes quite good play for the other striker - Owen was just feeding off him in the Columbia game apparently.

However, I don't think we'll buy him though. We do need an English type centre-forward but I think perhaps that Dick Kyrt (sp?) guy will be a safer bet...

Back
Top Bottom