Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

It will be sad to see Dudek go.
I hope he stays and fights for his place.
He is guilty of a few clangers, but let's not replace him
unless we get someone like Cech.

Hamann was immense in the Final.
I've heard he is also leaving, and this could be a big loss
to the team because we have nobody who can play his role.
He is the perfect defensive midfielder....I can't see anyone
who can replace him....

Smicer played his best game in years, sad to see him go, good luck!

I think nobody will complain if Kewell, Diao, Diouf are all sold.

But this summer IS THE MOST CRUCIAL for Liverpool.
This will define our future for many years to come.
Who we sign this summer is very important, because with the
extra money and the attraction power, Rafa needs to make atleast
2-3 great signings (winger, striker, defender, gk)
We need to have a bigger squad capable of playing in multiple tournaments.

AC Milan players were already celebrating at Half-time:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148959050527-1203.htm

Djimi Traore has revealed how AC Milan's half time celebrations inspired the Reds to produce the greatest comeback the European Cup final has ever seen.
As manager Rafa Benitez spent the intervel attempting to convince his players they could still triumph in Istanbul, Milan players were already celebrating after establishing a three goal lead.

Traore admits the sounds from the Milan dressing room were a huge motivating factor to cut short their celebrations with an epic second half display.

"Honestly, when I sat listening to the manager at half-time I did not really believe we could do it. Against Milan even less, they are great players," he said.

"But when we were back in the dressing room the Milan players were outside already celebrating that they were champions, celebrating the victory. That really got to us and gave us the hunger to come back at them.

"Once we scored the first one they were scared, and they fell back. When we brought Didi on it gave us a lot of experience in midfield and it really disrupted them.

"I think he is good for the team and I hope that he stays at Liverpool next season."

He added: "It is just unbelievable for me, to think we were 3-0 down at half-time.

"But when we got back into the dressing room the manager told us we could still do it if we scored in the first five minutes. He said if we did that we could keep scoring and they would wilt.

"And we had people like Gerrard and Carragher for keeping us going, and we have to say thank you to Jerzy Dudek.

"The two wonderful saves right at the end from Shevchenko were the key, and then when he saved a penalty and made their men miss a couple he can be very happy as we all can with being champions."

"We have had some luck, we have had that fortune all the way through. In the early rounds, then against Olympiacos, it has just been on our side.

"There was a lot of lads who have contributed along the way who were injured and couldn't be involved, Flo and Neil have both played their part and we may not have been here but for what they had done in the very early round."As for me I want to continue to play for Liverpool for the rest of my career. I have no doubt about that.

"Now we are going to celebrate for five days, there will be a party in Liverpool and then one in Paris, these are great times."

if UEFA can't allow Liverpool due to strict rules, let's change rules...they have been written by people so people can change them, simply
the same stupid rule was applied to World Cup, where Brazil must qualify again

another thing is that "Champions League" isn't The League of The Champions from long time and became The League of The Richest and Most Influential so would be fvking unfair and not welcomed to allow them instead of other club who won the league and has the right to battle in IV or III of dreamed CL

I hope UEFA will change rules to find a place fo L'pool OR if they can't do this without harming other club, they will say sorry Rafa...

Mayor said:
, simply
the same stupid rule was applied to World Cup, where Brazil must qualify again

The thing with Brazil is they want to qualify so they can get extra money!

i need help, i tape a fantastic chants at cl match from pool fans against chelsky on TV. i never hear a better fanchants as this. anyone can give me the text from this chants ? or have the complette chants in full lenght in audio format ? here are the chants
Pool Chants
btw: i got 4 tickets for the season opening match 1.FC Köln - Liverpool FC on Friday 22.July. if any liverpool fans interessed to watch this match in cologne, pm and we can drink & watch together :mrgreen: bed&breakfast are available in cologne

Mayor said:
another thing is that "Champions League" isn't The League of The Champions from long time and became The League of The Richest and Most Influential so would be fvking unfair and not welcomed to allow them

Yes it's all about money and TV revenue and guess which country makes the most out of it's coverage...? So it will be a lost if Liverpool were not aloud back in next year especially now that we will get a better slot when it comes to showing the live games.

ITV can no longer be bias to Manure(who haven't reached the semis for a while now) & Arsenal(<who will never get there).

mathewsss said:
It will be sad to see Dudek go.
I hope he stays and fights for his place.
He is guilty of a few clangers, but let's not replace him
unless we get someone like Cech.
Who you kiddin'? No one is ever gonna get Cech. He's looking like he's rapidly becoming the best keeper alive and its not like Chelsea need the transfer money from selling Cech anyway.

And the name Champions League refers the champions of each country, not the champions of the competition itself. So to say that the competition needs to be renamed is ignorant cuz its not like there wont be any champions in there.
What would be stupid is if a team who finished 5th in their domestic league managed to somehow qualify.
Dont get me wrong, I'd rather see Liverpool in the competition than not. But the way they would enter is unfair. You have to remember that if Liverpool made it into the competition, they would have replaced another team and thats where its unfair.
Maybe the FAs are biased but you cant let Liverpool in and take Everton out either. Lets just switch your position with Everton. What if Everton just won the CL and you came 4th. You're not gonna want to lose your place do you? I mean you would have earned it so why should you give it up?
Liverpool being in the CL is just not right cuz its against the rules. If Liverpool enter next season then who knows whats gonna happen in the future cuz all sorts of team around Europe are gonna want to enter the competition undeservedly with their own excuses.

You lot should focus on the Premiership rather than the CL. Winning the CL just proved that when you need to, you lot can put on a great performance but when you have to go the distance in a league, you cant handle it. If you lot won the league then the CL, it will mean a lot more.

Last edited:

One thing that you do have on yourside is that by winning the CL this year you will play in the World Club Cup in December, Im sure you will use that in the arguments with UEFA!

jamie_mack said:
One thing that you do have on yourside is that by winning the CL this year you will play in the World Club Cup in December, Im sure you will use that in the arguments with UEFA!
Does that mean Liverpool will pull out of the FA Cup like how Man Utd did in 2000?

Playing in the World Club Championship will definately mean you'll have to pull out of the FA Cup cuz the fixture list will be too tight. Especially since the whole of the World Club Championship is taking place somewhere in Asia (Japan I think).
Its sort of like how International competitions are played where the fixtures are all close together and are only days apart instead of spreading the fixtures over the whole season like how the CL or the FA Cup is done.

This also means that a lot of Premiership fixtures will be missed so by the time you get back, you'll be behind by a lot of points (with games in hand of course).

The WCC is played all within 2 weeks, its 4 games in total and they crunch it up in 2 weeks. Its also played in december during the christmas break.

The Premiership has games during Christmas doesnt it?

I remember United going there and getting hammered by Brazilian teams.
Its not worth going. Its not like Liverpool are gonna progress in it.

The idea of it imo is pretty good, as you're playing champions league winners of the different continents...however the time of it and the length of it is pathetic. Players are risking their health, a bit like Foe in the confederations, who had to play a series of matches in a short period of time. its just another event for Fifa to make money in.

RuneEdge said:
Who you kiddin'? No one is ever gonna get Cech. He's looking like he's rapidly becoming the best keeper alive and its not like Chelsea need the transfer money from selling Cech anyway.

Man...I said someone like Cech...not Cech himself....

They have about 8 teams in 2 groups of 4 dont they?
Yeah. Its a bit short. Its should be similar to the World Cup

This is how I'd do it.
First have the FIFA rankings decide how many teams from each country are allowed to compete.
The top four teams from each country enter the first qualifying round which is like the World Cup qualifiers but with 32 groups. Each group is held in a certain country (a different country for each group) like its own competition so that teams dont have to fly all over the world to play the games.
From this we get 64 teams (winners and runner ups). Then we have the second qualifying round which is just one 2 leg match against another team from the remaining 64. This would leave us with 32 teams.
All of this would happen over 3 years during preseason. The winners of the UEFA cup equivelant of every continent get into the second qualifying stage by default and take up a entry from their country. But the CL winners of each continent get into the real competition without going through any qualifiers.
Then the real competition begins with the remaining 32 teams just like how the the World Cup or Euro Cup is done.
The real World Club Championship would happen once every 4 years.

This would give the competition some meaning and winning that would truely make you the greatest team in the world.

Football legend Diego Maradona was so enthralled with the passion of the Liverpool fans and the incredible comeback in Istanbul that he has now become an adopted scouser and is a Liverpool fan.
Maradona, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, says Liverpool were a credit to football and gave a perfect example of what the game is all about.

Maradona was in Istanbul working for Argentine TV and said: "The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all.

"You knew they could defend but the team showed they could play too and wrote a page in the history books. The match will last forever.

"The Liverpool supporters didn't let me go to sleep the night before, there were 10 of them to every three Milan supporters. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing."

Is someone taking the piss?

Hes a liar! He was working for SKY Italy and was commentating together with the Sky team, he predicted Milan would thrash Liverpool, then at the post-show he stated that he was shocked that Milan lost!

Maradona - ego bruised by his prediction that AC Milan would "thrash" Liverpool? Mind you, gotta say, it didn't look too good at half-time.....

Anyway, the cups ours now and now we have to clean out our corridors of rubbish/mediocre players.

Oh, btw, good luck Lyon - you may need it with your new manager!

FCH said:
i need help, i tape a fantastic chants at cl match from pool fans against chelsky on TV. i never hear a better fanchants as this. anyone can give me the text from this chants ? or have the complette chants in full lenght in audio format ? here are the chants
Pool Chants
btw: i got 4 tickets for the season opening match 1.FC Köln - Liverpool FC on Friday 22.July. if any liverpool fans interessed to watch this match in cologne, pm and we can drink & watch together :mrgreen: bed&breakfast are available in cologne

When i click the link i come to the Rapid share main page. . but i dont know what to do then. help!

ghazi said:
When i click the link i come to the Rapid share main page. . but i dont know what to do then. help!
reading would help :P
"Choose download-type"
then choose one, eg. "Premium" if you're a member or "Free" if you're not
then wait for download ticket and download

lol - i figured it out a minute later, but didnt come back and correct my post. Cheers.

. . if anyone knows the lyrics to that chant, please post them. ME likey.

Carlsberg are going to be our shirt sponsor for another 2 seasons, it would have been nice to see something different though its good to see that we now actually have a sponsor

Youngster Miquel Roque has claimed he is the latest Spaniard to sign for European champions Liverpool.

Anfield boss Rafael Benitez has already used his Spanish connections to sign Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Fernando Morientes and Roque, Lleida's 16-year-old central defender, appears to be next.

"When my agent told me, I didn't believe it," Roque said.

"It's more normal for them to say a scout from Barcelona or Real Madrid has been watching you and the chance that can happen does enter into your mind.

"However, when they say someone from Liverpool has come to watch you, then it is hard to believe."

Roque would almost certainly start out in Liverpool's reserves but the teenager said: "It is my big chance. Anyone who loves football dreams something like this could happen and I am not going to let the chance pass me by.

"My parents believe in me and want the best. Of course they are worried I am leaving, but there again so am I.

"It won't be the same living in Liverpool as living in Lleida, but I am used to being away from home."

I think I may have to start learning Spanish

Benitez wants to make Aimar his top priority signing this summer(amongst a few other Valencia players).

and it looks like we're about to nick another Boro player in Zenden who of course is available on a free transfer.

Aimar would be a superb take, but Zenden? Can't see him in a Liverpool shirt .. Hamann seems set to stay (soccernet), Milito would be good as well, Maybe another Striker? Cisse, Morientes, Mellor, Pongolle, and Baros .. would those guys be enough in the striker department?

koolaje said:
Maybe another Striker? Cisse, Morientes, Mellor, Pongolle, and Baros .. would those guys be enough in the striker department?
Maybe include Albert Luque (Deportivo La Coruña) or Adam Johnson (Middlesbrough) if Milan Baros goes to other team.

P.D.: rockybabir, how do you have an avatar with the t-shirt of Deportivo Wanka?.

Back
Top Bottom