Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Im sure your performance will inspire a lot of teams in the future to come back from behind.

Managers all over the place will be sayin ' Remember that night when Livepool were 3 down at half time against AC Milan........'

Nickybaker said:
I agree that you should defend your title but not at the expense of Everton. They battled hard to get to the champions league.

I do feel that if you're not good enough to make the top 4 of your respective league you can't complain about not being allowed in. You can't be the best team in Europe but 5th best in England.

Man's got a point. There must be a way to let the Champions of Europe defend their title, it makes a mockery of the whole contest if not. I don't see why UEFA can't kick out some cannon fodder Albanian team who are just gonna get raped in the qualifiers anyway.

Maybe, if Liverpool donated all the TV/gate proceeds from their CL qualifier to the team they replace? Lets be honest, most of these minnow sides don't have any ambition to actually win the CL, they just badly need the funds that come with participating. So this way Liverpool get their place in the CL and the minnows get their cash.

Just got back from Istanbul, the planes were a fucking joke, and it was obvious that the Turkish authorities were unequipped to handle something of this magnitude, but jesus....

The whole day was absolutely incredible. Taksim square was buzzing from about 3pm Turkish time onwards, and then the chanting and the flares before all the buses set off for the Ataturk was magnificent.

The mood in the ground was so deflated after that third goal, the defiant You'll Never Walk Alone was truly special. Once we started that spell of scoring the North Stand just raised the volume, and it was just magnificent. The chanting was non stop, and I'd hope we helped to carry the boys. The elation after the third goal was just madness, and the camraderie was immense too. I fell off my seat after they missed their second pen but about 10 people just lifted me up again, it was magic.

By the time the third goal went in the seating was abandoned and people were just using the seats to stand on. People just moved round the ground at will, and the noise was unprecedented.

That was the best night of my life by a significant margin, the atmosphere was something that will just live with me forever.

"Champions League, we're having a laugh"

Pires7 said:
Im sure your performance will inspire a lot of teams in the future to come back from behind.

Managers all over the place will be sayin ' Remember that night when Livepool were 3 down at half time against AC Milan........'

Maybe Arsene should have said it in the Olympiastadion when we were getting slapped around by Bayern.. :)

I heard that since Lpool won the CL five times, they get to keep the cup permanently! So next year there is going to be a new one!

Revan said:
I heard that since Lpool won the CL five times, they get to keep the cup permanently! So next year there is going to be a new one!

Yes, you're right.

From CORRIERE DELLA SERA Milan, Italy' top-selling broadsheet

Dudek like Grobbelaar
Like Grobbelaar, even more so than Grobbelaar. In the final at the Olimpico [in Rome] on 30 May 1984, Roma melted away from the penalty spot hypnotised by the dances of the goalkeeper... Yesterday, inside the Ataturk stadium, Milan collapsed in front of Jerzy Dudek's breakdance.

:lol: :lol:

:applause: \\:o/ :applause: \\:o/ :mrgreen:

WASSUP BROTHAZ?? I cant even describe the feelings i have had in my soul the since yesterday. I took the day off work, hit Gingers Ale House in Chicago and made instant friends with a table full of a Pool fans.

Even after being down 3-0 the mood was only slightly soured. All we needed was a boost. . . and it came. . from the back of the pub as a tall Scouser straight from merseyside stood on a chair and started singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Slowly the fans joined in, and pretty soon, most of the 300+ people in the pub were on their feet and cheering. When those goals went it it was bedlam. Bodies and beer were flying. People were grabbing anyone in sight and embracing them, dancing, kissing, etc. Madness, i tell ya.

I have never had a night like last night and I stayed at the pub for a good 5 hours after the game. . .like most of the Pool fans. Clealry it was a night we didnt want to end.

Walk On.

didn't see it here :lol:

euro.jpg

Well done liverpool. Wasn't as good as man utds come back though.

Liverpool is a strong team, with a migical Steven Gerrard.

mathewsss said:
No, it was far better than United's comeback.
Both were great, but Liverpool's win was the best ever.
They both very different but Man Utd's one was better more reasons.
Liverpool played better than Man Utd did that night but as soon as Liverpool equalised, most of us knew who was gonna win it.
Man Utd on the other hand looked to have lost the game cuz they were losing AND were completely outplayed until the last few minutes where we won it. That was the first CL for England in quite a while plus we topped off a treble. The rest of Liverpool's season has been bad while Man Utd's was great.

So, basically, Liverpool's was a better performance while Man Utd's was a better win for every other reason. If you look at the matches alone and ignore everything else from the rest of the season, Liverpool's wins easily.

But really, you shouldnt be comparing because they're two completely different stories. And two great stories too.

Congratulations Liverpool! well done Rafa, great job.

they made it, they've won the CL, and they deserved it! hope to see them again defending their title next season. Liverpool supporters are definitely the best in England.. for sure.

But, still What a FINAL!

Joystick said:
Man's got a point. There must be a way to let the Champions of Europe defend their title, it makes a mockery of the whole contest if not. I don't see why UEFA can't kick out some cannon fodder Albanian team who are just gonna get raped in the qualifiers anyway.

Maybe, if Liverpool donated all the TV/gate proceeds from their CL qualifier to the team they replace? Lets be honest, most of these minnow sides don't have any ambition to actually win the CL, they just badly need the funds that come with participating. So this way Liverpool get their place in the CL and the minnows get their cash.

Why should they. i think its bollox, liverpool finnished 5th in the league so they dont deserve to be in the champions league next year. to hose piddly little clubs its as much to do with the pride of representing your countries league as much as the financial benifits.

Liverpool did great and have scraped through the competition showing that team spirit and graft can work as much as skill and technical ability. But they have put all there energy in the CL instad of doing the business in the league. they screwed up so they pay the price. simple

Congratulations Liverpool.

Also Liverpool has a great supporter. I saw too many Liverpool fans in Taksim. They were drinking beer, playing football and singing their chants. Also, we talked witn Liverpool fans at pub. They really wanted to see CL Cup in Liverpool. More than Milan fans!

And match was great. Before second half, I thought that Milan will win cup but Liverpool played great and took cup at Liverpool!

Minnows' Euro lifeline for Reds
By Stuart James, Evening Standard
27 May 2005

Liverpool have been thrown a potential lifeline to salvage their hopes of competing in next season's Champions League.

The European Cup winners cannot defend their title because they finished outside the top four in the Premiership and UEFA are adamant they will not extend the number of places.

However, Welsh Premier League champions TNS have offered to play them in a one-off game to decide who should compete in the first qualifying round of the Champions League.

Harris said: "Such a play-off would enjoy huge media coverage. It would bring the image of our league to the whole of the UK."

UEFA's executive committee will meet in Manchester on 17 June, when it is anticipated Liverpool's case will be discussed.

Milanista said:
Wooo Total Network Solutions!

I dont see why the fuss, if your not good enough to qualify your not good enough to play in the comp, it was a great nite for them, but the best in europe, c'mon there not even the best in their own city and theres 4 teams in the league better than them....

Thats not what I meant as I dont think they fully deserve the spot, but the fact that its Total Network Solutions - champions of Wales.

what do you fans think about dudek?? would you like him to stay or be replaced? He is a character, he reminds me a bit of barthez who is funny. Did you see dudek do his wobbly legs when media were taking photos of the team coming back from Turkey at the airport??

It's not as if TNS are gonna set the Champions League alight are they? They'd only get KO'd in the first round just like every other Welsh Premier League champion has done in the past :lol:

Though the FAW have reacted angrily at the suggestion of TNS giving Liverpool a chance to take their place.

If Liverpool don't get to defend it it there's own fault, if you don't finish in a qualifying place you don't deserve to be in it..

It's easy to win one off or 2 leg games but being consistant through a whole season is a lot harder...

Liverpool are better than nearly all the other teams that are being entered but it wouldn't be fair to deny them thier place because Liverpool couldn't finish 4th.

Last edited:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
I dont see why the fuss, if your not good enough to qualify your not good enough to play in the comp, it was a great nite for them, but the best in europe, c'mon there not even the best in their own city and theres 4 teams in the league better than them....

But they ARE the best in Europe. . while somehow not being the best at home. . or even the 4th best at home. lol.

If you beat a highly-rated Leverkusen, then hold Chelsea and Juventus (#1 and #3 in the world at the time) to one mistake-goal for 360 minutes, and then beat AC Milan (#4 in the world) by scoring as many goals on them as other all other teams in Europe have scored on them in 6 friggin months. . then my friend. You are certainly the best team in Europe. nobody can say that they had an easy road to the Final. Ever.

The fact is that Real Madrid fell to Juventus, Barcelona fell to Chelski and ManU fell to AC milan. . and Liverpool beat all 3 of those teams. That's about as valid as you can get, brothaman. 8)

Hopin someone can help me out on a couple of issues -

(1) What is the best LFC fansite with downloads, clips, discussion, etc. other than the official one?

(2) Can someone post some links to video clips of the Kop singing YNWA?. . the whole thing. I also want other clips of the crowd's craziness, like this home video i saw of the Kop right after the Chelski game when the whistle blew and the decibles were banging. . it was insane, but the internet link is gone.

Thanks..

ghazi said:
But they ARE the best in Europe. . while somehow not being the best at home. . or even the 4th best at home. lol.

If you beat a highly-rated Leverkusen, then hold Chelsea and Juventus (#1 and #3 in the world at the time) to one mistake-goal for 360 minutes, and then beat AC Milan (#4 in the world) by scoring as many goals on them as other all other teams in Europe have scored on them in 6 friggin months. . then my friend. You are certainly the best team in Europe. nobody can say that they had an easy road to the Final. Ever.

The fact is that Real Madrid fell to Juventus, Barcelona fell to Chelski and ManU fell to AC milan. . and Liverpool beat all 3 of those teams. That's about as valid as you can get, brothaman. 8)

but with Juventus, liverpool at home getted a Goal from ALEX DEL PIERO, and was deleted for unreal offside!!!

Liverpool 2 Juventus "2"

Juventus 0 liverpool 0

Energia said:
but with Juventus, liverpool at home getted a Goal from ALEX DEL PIERO, and was deleted for unreal offside!!!

Liverpool 2 Juventus "2"

Juventus 0 liverpool 0

\\:o/

Does it really matter whether Liverpool finished 5th,
we won the Champions League...the most prestigious
tournament in club football.
We won one of the best finals in many years.
We won after coming from 3 goals down....
who cares about the league this season....we won the BIG one.
Maybe we're not the best team in europe judging by our
league placing, but we have the cup and the glory.
I would'nt swap 4th place with this.

next year, we will do better in the league.

I think it is unfair to throw out a team to accomodate Liverpool.
But they'll be one of the top seeds for next year's group stages.
It makes more sense keeping Liverpool in, instead of allowing
the really small teams.
I think the solution is to force Liverpool to play from the
beginning of the Qualifying stages.

Back
Top Bottom