Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

man united have a poor season. They are supposed to be one of the best teams in europe, as are arsenal. They have both not done as good as they should be this season, thats my view anyway. i remember the days when man utd used to blow teams out the way a few season back. Now theyre struggling to beat the likes of norwich and wba.

Milanista said:
What if Gerrard does leave? isnt that a big blow?

No, Rafa probably has already thought of a solution to this, we've got a great player in Alonso and all we would need is someone to play along side him. Baraja is supposedly a target and he fits the bill.

Yesterday's game was a tale of two halves,wasn't it. Arsenal put on a floetry clinic in the first half. i caught myself oooing and aaaahing at some of their movement, and before you know it, we were down 2-0.

Yesterday further convinced me that Traore sucks ass. He is a clod with the ball. half his crosses get blocked and his decision making with the ball is downright grade school. Plus, i am not confident with him on defense either. lol. I guess that settles that issue on my end!

There were some selfish moments in the game, where a simpl thru pass or squared pass would have set up an easy shot on goal, but I guess that happens every game.

Istanbul. REady or not here we come, eh? lol. :applause:

Lennart Johansson has backed Liverpool's bid to defend the UEFA Champions League if they lift the trophy in Istanbul later this month.

The Uefa president has told Sky Sports News that he supports the Merseysiders' cause but stressed the final decision rests with The Football Association and it is their responsibility to submit a formal proposal.

Of course, nothing can be done until the outcome of the final with Milan is known and at least Everton know there is no question of any repeat of the situation in Spain some years ago when Real Madrid usurped Real Zaragoza despite finishing below them in the table.

"Let's deal with it when we know the facts after the final of the Champions League," explained Johansson. "And then see to it that we are crystal clear that the champion must always be given its opportunity to defend the title.

"That we see to it in the future that we have rules and regulations that are understandable from the very beginning.

"In the view of the reactions that came now, I personally, on one hand, think that someone has qualified under the present regulations for the next Champions League and, on the other hand, I understand the champions like to defend its title.

"If the association (FA) would like to do so, if they are taking contact with us, they should make a proposal that would mean extending the number of teams from England in the Champions League next time from four to five."

Although accepting Liverpool's feelings on the subject, Johansson is adamant that everything must be done through the proper channels.

"They cannot just explain their feelings," he added. "They must go to other things if they feel this would be correct.

"They should sit down and write a letter to the Uefa executive committee with a request to extend the number of teams from England from four to five."

Meanwhile, Liverpool will wear red in the final with Milan changing to their white strip.

I just want this whole thing cleared up once and for all but I guess we will have to wait til after the final before we have any clue whats going on

White strip eh? The one we used to win in 2003, and the one that beat Barcelona in 1994 4-0, and the one that beat Steaua 4-0 in 1988. :)

Just scaring yah, im not a big believer of luck.

Milanista said:
White strip eh? The one we used to win in 2003, and the one that beat Barcelona in 1994 4-0, and the one that beat Steaua 4-0 in 1988. :)

Just scaring yah, im not a big believer of luck.

and we won all 4 of our european cups in red playing teams in white ;)

fishcake said:
and we won all 4 of our european cups in red playing teams in white ;)

I believe AC Milan actually requested to wear their all-white
kit in 2003, because they felt it brought them good luck,
having experienced most of their recent European Cup wins
wearing white.

I'm glad Liverpool are wearing red, it'll make them feel like
the home team, and not put in one of those away performances.

But jokes apart, I think this will be a very close final.
I just hope it is an open game, and not 0:0 and PKs.
The onus is on Liverpool to attack Milan and try to score
first.
I get the feeling, whoever scores first will win it.

This might be the wrong place for it but i was wondeirng how everyone preferred to play Liverpool on WE8? What formations and players do you use? I recently switched over to this 3-6-1 and have been scoring loads of goals on friends:

- - - - - Cisse - - - - - - -
- - Kewell- - - - Garcia- - -
- Alonso- - - - - - - - - Gerrard
- - - Riise- - - - Hamann
- - Traore- -Hyypia- - Carragher

ghazi said:
This might be the wrong place for it but i was wondeirng how everyone preferred to play Liverpool on WE8? What formations and players do you use? I recently switched over to this 3-6-1 and have been scoring loads of goals on friends:

- - - - - Cisse - - - - - - -
- - Kewell- - - - Garcia- - -
- Alonso- - - - - - - - - Gerrard
- - - Riise- - - - Hamann
- - Traore- -Hyypia- - Carragher

Interesting formation...I would swap Riise and Alonso...that may
add more left-sided strength

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear
Arsenal 7 - 0 Everton and this is the same shite that's gonna be competing in the champions league next season
...What has the world come to?
icon_rolleyes.gif

MO_DINERO said:
Arsenal 7 - 0 Everton and this is the same shite that's gonna be competing in the champions league next season
icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't imagine them playing like that when it really matters.
to be fair, it was a nothing game, with Everton already qualified...
to be honest, what they have done in between their two defeats
to Arsenal (4:1 on opening day, and 7:0 today in a meaningless game)
is what mattered, they got more points than us, and there's no
escaping the fact that we're not in the top 4.
Yes, we have a chance if we win the CL, but beating AC Milan is
going to be very difficult.

MO_DINERO said:
icon_rolleyes.gif

I LMAO'd when i saw the score. . .and then realized that the evential Everton meltdown i had predicted had come about 8 weeks after i had predicted it would. lol.

. . and YOU BET YOUR ASS I AM STILL BITTER!

Milanista, I think you're great but until May 26th, I'll take no notice!:D

Glad to see Cisse back among the goals....I think he should start
against AC Milan...
Rafa has hinted that he could even go with 2 strikers.

It would be a dream come true for Cisse to score in the final.
Of all the Liverpool players, if anyone can score I pray that it's Cisse.
He deserves it after showing tremendous resilience, and faith to come back
like this.

Lets hope he goes with two strikers because we're crap with one! To be quite honest, when Baros plays up front I can feel we're not going to score 8 times out of 10. Cisse seems to have more of a killer instinct and excites me everytime he's on the ball at the moment.

right guys you now have all Manchester City behind you for the CL, In a slim hope, dream or wish that there is still a chance of a uefa cup place for us if you win the CL!

just got my flight sorted to turkey
scarf2xb.gif

now all i need is a ticket for the match, hopefully i'll get sorted over there, if not at least i'll have a few days on the razz :drunk:

jamie_mack said:
right guys you now have all Manchester City behind you for the CL, In a slim hope, dream or wish that there is still a chance of a uefa cup place for us if you win the CL!
Any team with David James not in goal has to be a threat!!! :lmao:

Re: Liverpool Player Search

bada said:
This is who liverpool need.
There is a clear reason why they call Ali Karimi, the Maradona of Asia! His moves are more maigcal than anything. This video features the best of Ali Karimi moves, the Asian Player of 2004. Check it here.
http://www.bezanberim.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=149

lol. too late my friend. Bayern Munich have signed Karemi. Funny that you mentioned him cuz i was hoping Pool would make a move for him. I have seen his highlights on tv specials and the guy is a talent for sure.

Any news on Marek Mintal from the Bundesliga??

The financial future of Liverpool FC

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,4284,1490717,00.html

A very interesting article and definitely worth a read. The board should really make use of their international status - especially in the far east. Liverpool has got a reputation out there (especially in Malaysia/Thailand) but, amazingly, they are not exploiting it. Really, in order for Liverpool to catch up (financially as well as in footballing terms) with the "big" clubs of today is to aggressively shift their marketing strategy worldwide before it becomes too saturized.

I was down in Singapore a couple of days ago and shocked to see the merchandising outlets of Man Utd. You go down to the local sports store and pretty much only Man U & Real Madrid shirts are sold.

The epicentre of all Man U's marketing in Singapore has to be the "Devils' Corner" as its known to the locals. It consists of a huge two storey department store with only Man Utd merchandise. All were 100% authentic & I got the impression from speaking to a few residents that they were somewhat brainwashed by the shrewd marketing teams. Most were adamant from buying the fake stuff even though they were surprisingly good quality. Kids will often save up for weeks just to buy an authentic shirt.

Anyways, next to the store, was the "Devils' Bar" which is considered by many to be as one of the highlights of Singapore's nightlife. There is always a massive queue of twentysomethings lining up each night. The two three floor nightspot was quite vibrant with a couple of good DJs. The place was filled with plasma screens showing only Man Utd coverage (the prem was over by then but they were still showing continous highlights of the year & the 90s) - I dunno but saw this as a psychological method to associate Man U's football with the delirious emotions when clubbing?

Its not a new idea as there are sport bars around everywhere. But I think the difference is that these bars usually tend to attract the attention of sport fans. Whereas, Man Utd just associated with a place which is predominantly a nightclub. Most of the people there, whether they are a fan or not, will support Man U anyway & probably buy their stuff rather than any other club. Its undoubtedly these little things that has helped made Man U such a marketing force it is today.

I agree with you about not exploiting the name enough - I live in Asia at the mo and Michael Owen would have been a great way to exploit the name when he was with us. Gerrard would be the key now. Largely untapped it seems, especially in the key Japanese market. I also took a trip to Thailand and the support for Liverpool was astounding, despite being surrounded by Man Utd stuff.

Anyway, onto tonight, I hear Harry Kewell may be playing.....

Baros and Kewell lead our attack line, thats an interesting move. Saves Cisse for when the Milan defence get tired

Congrats boys!!!Liverpool storm will probably come back after 20 years...

Benitez is something special. Not only did he make some great tactical adjustments, but he was single-handedly capable of calming the entire team and refocusing everyone during the stress of the game.

Anytime the game gets out of control for Liverpool, Rafa is able to calm all the Liverpool players with a few words from the sideline or even better a locker room chat. What a special coach, I hope he is at Liverpool for the rest of his career.

Back
Top Bottom