Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Damn. . i wanna know about tix. . this seems like its too much fun to not try to go to. .Anyone know of any LEGIT travel agencies with package deals and tix?

I have never felt the US was an island moreseo than now :(

ghazi said:
Damn. . i wanna know about tix. . this seems like its too much fun to not try to go to. .Anyone know of any LEGIT travel agencies with package deals and tix?

I have never felt the US was an island moreseo than now :(

not seen any agencies selling package deals yet, there's a company in the uk called lonsdale travel that have done packages to liverpool's european aways, they should have details of any packages in the next few days
http://www.lonsdaletravel.co.uk/Liverpool/index.asp

at the moment all i know is each team gets 20000 tickets, 7500 go to the turkish fa to sell, i'm not 100% sure but i've heard these have already been sold by ballot, over 14000 have gone to uefa for coporate use, there was another 7500 that were sold to neutral supporters by ballot

i've no idea how milan/psv will sell their allocation but liverpool's will first be available to european travel members who have sufficient credits, the rest will be sold to season ticket holders

i've also heard the 15000 tickets that were sold to turkish citizens/neutral supporters have the id details of whoever bought them to prevent them being sold on, i personally can't see them checking every ticket but you never know, if they do then it could be a bit risky buying from a tout or off ebay

i don't expect to get a ticket but hopefully i'll be going over for a couple of days on the lash and watch the game somewhere in istanbul along with 1000's of other reds

also been looking at pics of the stadium, depending on security it could be possible to bunk in ;)

b44.jpg

b50.jpg

CWright said:
It felt even better when a Chelsea fan came into the shop, serving him was a pleasure. Though he didnt buy a newspaper...
So, are you going to Istanbul then?

I'm actually glad that Milan are in the final for the following reasons:
- Liverpool will be the underdogs, it suits us perfectly, so no pressure.
- PSV showed just why Milan are not to be feared.
- Milan really don't have any pacy wingers like PSV does, which
means our defense should be able to handle Sheva, Crespo, Kaka.

Our team for the final:
------------Dudek---------------
Finnan---Carra--Hyypia--Traore
------Alonso----Hamann---------
--Garcia----Gerrard-----Riise---
------------Baros---------------

Subs:Cisse, Biscan, Kewell, Warnock, Nunez, Carson

Well you have all the pressure imo. Serie A is 1 day from the end by then, and Liverpool must win or their season goes down the drain (No CL next year most likely so CL is only trophy).
Milan also might have the advantage of experience - like real-valencia in 2002 where real won 3-0.

But hey im not going to jump right into conclusions, and it is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Last edited:

Milanista said:
Well you have all the pressure imo. Serie A is 1 day from the end by then, and Liverpool must win or their season goes down the drain (No CL next year most likely so CL is only trophy).
Milan also might have the advantage of experience - like real-valencia in 2002 where real won 3-0.

But hey im not going to jump right into conclusions, and it is going to be a tough nut to crack.

don't think there's any pressure on us at all, we've been written off at every stage this season yet have managed to defy the odds, whilst if we lose it will hurt i will still be proud of what we've achieved in such a short space of time

milan's players have been there and won it before which could be an advantage but having seen both games against psv i can't help but feel milan were fortunate to get through, i'd like to see us play a high tempo attacking game and have a go at milan as i think we'll get chances but i reckon rafa will play it safe similar to both games against chelsea and the game in turin which won't be good for the neutral supporters

I think we were luckier in 2003 when we won it. We scored the winning goal in san siro on the 93' against Ajax.

And im never going to look at past results ever again beacuse they either hurt you or they dont. So im not even going to judge Liverpool until after the finals. When Milan played Man u at OT, United were something like 15 games unbeaten while milan had just lost 2 matches and Sheva got injured the night before, and we won both games even though i was sure we were going out!

Last edited:

WTF!?!?! Anyone can get in for free. It looks too easy. Just climb those stairs outside and you can jump into the stadium.
Its gonna be raining Scousers in Istanbul if people can bunk in.

RuneEdge said:
WTF!?!?! Anyone can get in for free. It looks too easy. Just climb those stairs outside and you can jump into the stadium.
Its gonna be raining Scousers in Istanbul if people can bunk in.

looks easy but it depends on security on the day, i presume you won't be able to get anywhere near the ground without a ticket but if i don't get one i'll be having a look at bunking in ;)

fishcake said:
don't think there's any pressure on us at all, we've been written off at every stage this season yet have managed to defy the odds, whilst if we lose it will hurt i will still be proud of what we've achieved in such a short space of time

milan's players have been there and won it before which could be an advantage but having seen both games against psv i can't help but feel milan were fortunate to get through, i'd like to see us play a high tempo attacking game and have a go at milan as i think we'll get chances but i reckon rafa will play it safe similar to both games against chelsea and the game in turin which won't be good for the neutral supporters
Trust me. Sitting back and playing the way you have been wont work on Milan. Man Utd tried it and it failed. You have to go Gung Ho against then and eventually they crack. Thats exactly what PSV did and they were the better team IMO. Milan's players have too much experience to get put under pressure. A funny stat during the Man Utd/Milan game was that Maldini made his debut before Rooney or Ronaldo were even born. I think that says it all about Milan's experience.

Milanista said:
I think we were luckier in 2003 when we won it. We scored the winning goal in san siro on the 93' against Ajax.

And im never going to look at past results ever again beacuse they either hurt you or they dont. So im not even going to judge Liverpool until after the finals. When Milan played Man u at OT, United were something like 15 games unbeaten while milan had just lost 2 matches and Sheva got injured the night before, and we won both games even though i was sure we were going out!

Are you sure you're a rossoneri fan?? :confused: We don't think like this, maybe you're the unique exception! :O

RuneEdge said:
Trust me. Sitting back and playing the way you have been wont work on Milan. Man Utd tried it and it failed. You have to go Gung Ho against then and eventually they crack. Thats exactly what PSV did and they were the better team IMO. Milan's players have too much experience to get put under pressure. A funny stat during the Man Utd/Milan game was that Maldini made his debut before Rooney or Ronaldo were even born. I think that says it all about Milan's experience.

totally agree but i think thats going to be liverpools biggest problem there best displays have been when they have defended deep and used the counter, doing this against Milan will surley play into there hands!, but then again its a one off game and anything can happen.

Do you guys know Benitez's transfer budget for next season, and which players or positions he is looking to get/improve?

Metallica said:
Sorry if you have heard it before! ;)

Its a radio for sale thats all, its got good reception, its got good bass but it has treble unfortunatly!

of course he's heard ot before he supports arsenal lol!!

anyway so no CL for LFC even if they win, seems abit unfair to me...

As quoted in one of the papers.....

“You should have heard the singing and the yelling and the cheering. It was the best night ever.”

Riise admitted he held his breath when Eidur Gudjohnsen had a chance to equalise in stoppage-time only to blast the ball wide.

The Reds ace added: “I was absolutely bricking myself. If he had scored I would have started crying.

“I would have retired on the spot — or maybe shot myself!”

Glad to see he's not taking things too seriously then... :lmao:

jamie_mack said:
totally agree but i think thats going to be liverpools biggest problem there best displays have been when they have defended deep and used the counter, doing this against Milan will surley play into there hands!, but then again its a one off game and anything can happen.

I think Liverpool will play a high-tempo game in the first half-hour
or so, and look for the early goal(s).
This is exactly how they played against Chelsea, Juve, Bayer.
If they do get that goal, then they will start defending.
Whether it will work or not, is to be seen.
Milan have a great team, but it's a one-off, and I'm happier
we are playing Milan and not PSV.
I doubt Liverpool will start defensive from the beginning of the
game. There's no point playing like that. Against Juve away, we needed
a draw, that's why we played like that.
And against Chelsea away, we were trying to avoid conceding in the
first leg.
But if you look at the most decisive moments, when we needed to win,
we did attack with a high tempo.
Just ask Juve, Chelsea, Bayer.

Agreed Matthew.

I am slightly hopeful. .. a buddy of mine in chicago just asked his bro in law in England if he could score some tix to the Final. Apparently his bro in law has been able to get some before thru some connection. If so, i think i'll drop some serious coin and check this game out. How often does this happen in life?

. . gotta rush back to the US afterwards tho cuz i have tix for US v England, too. lol.

You can say the same about Milan, when they needed the goals they got the goals >

Milan - Inter 2-0
Inter - Milan 0-1
United - Milan 0-1
Milan - United 1-0
PSV - MIlan 3-1
Milan - PSV 2-0
Milan - Barca 1-0
Barca - Milan 2-1, we got that goal to secure top spot

id say its balanced, and theres still 20 days to go. Arent you lot not worried about fighting for 4th spot?

Yup, goals count. ONLY goals count. That's the game. Even if the only goal is scored after 90 minutes of nothing-football.

Don't worry, I'll stop acting like a pathetic loser after I've mentally concieved the losses this week.

Milanista said:
id say its balanced, and theres still 20 days to go. Arent you lot not worried about fighting for 4th spot?

i honestly don't give a fuck about 4th at the moment, all i'm bothered about is the european cup final, i've been going to games since 1980 but was too young to go to the finals in 81,84 & 85 so i've been waiting 20 years for this moment

I gave up on 4th spot last weekend.
I think the team and Rafa have been focusing on the CL
for the last 2 weeks.
It's not possible to lift themselves against premiership
teams when all you're doing is thinking about beating AC Milan in Istanbul

Bingo. I dont understand the debate about whether the team should focus on the Champs League or the EPL. lol. Is it even a question?

They are already IN a Champs League tournament and a FINAL, to boot. I would say that demands more attention than fighting for a possible spot in the next years Round of 128 teams. lol.

Butatista said:
Ha ha yeah good one!!! All I can say is "Enjoy the Champions League qualifiers" you muppet

doesnt bother me, we did that they year we won it, but as non you southerners canny even get to a feckin final we wont talk about the CL ey soft lad....

Back
Top Bottom