Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

crayon said:
......so where can we get tickets? The UEFA.com site sold there's before 15th April. What's that all about?

HOLD UP. . you mean tix are still available. Someone let me know, cuz i have 8 vacation days and if I can get tix, i'll be there. . holler.

Me too. I have vacation. Anybody can get tickets? I can find the plane....

If you get tickets i think you need to get them in groups. Wiat for the PSV game tomorrow, the losing team would most likely sell all their tickets.

kevano22 said:
for £30'000 a week id expect me to trap a ball on my nose
For 3 grand a week I'd expect to trap it with my ear. :lol:

theres no chance of getting tickets now, unforteunatley, apparently ypou need to be a part of a european travel club, thats what the LFC people told us.

Have you heard all the gay ass pundits saying "chelsea were poor", yet they aint giving uys credit

You can stick your league title up your arseeeeeeee

woah hold the phone...

Im watching youre on sky sports. Gerrard, Captain like performance? i think not, he was quite again, credit hamann and biscan but gerrard was below par again

Carragher for LFC Captain next season

crayon said:
Agree with you Kevano22. Carragher is Liverpool for life.

Agreed. Carragher is a quiet warrior isnt he? Holding the team calm at the back, making huge plays and then lowering his head and doing it all over again.

And i didnt think Gerrard was anything special in either leg. i saw more bad touches from him and several poor passes as well. As a whole tho, i thought their passing was rather average and their combination passing waas just piss poor save a few moments. They will need to change that to beat AC Milan or PSV.

ghazi said:
lol. . ok. . i got a hold of myself now. I think Didi did a great job disrupting the Blues' attack in the first half and gotta take the hat off the defense. And not just the back 4. The whole team was committed to the cause tonight, and my concerns about Traore were put to rest with his play.

I really thought Mourinho was gonna go with Cole on the right so he could harass Traore again, and i thought that would be the difference in this game. . but for some reason he didnt. I think that was a big mistake, given the fits Cole gave him in the last game, and the obvious speed and quickness mismatch.

No shots on goal in the first half by Chelski. ..amazing. Held them scoreless for 180 minutes of footy. .amazing. Beating Juventus and Chelski over two legs. .the top two teams in the world.. . how can this not be destiny baby??

(Milanista. . not a word!) ;)

Ghazi I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea why Mourinho moved Cole to the other side... definately a tactical error on his part. Perhaps he was thinking that Cole would have an easier time with Garcia/Finnan than Traore/Riise (as T/R are both "defenders" in his mind perhaps) but clearly Finnan gave Cole no quarter.

Chelsea absolutely must have 2 out of 3 of Duff, Cole, and Robben fully fit to be any sort of "Force"... otherwise they are just a good but not great team.

And personally, I'm still pissed that Liverpool didn't pick up Joe Cole a few years back when they had the chance. I remember there being a big debate about whether he would pan out or not... I always believed that having a skillful dribbler in the team (especially when you looked at Liverpool at the time) is always a plus. Joe Cole has been quite the player for Chelsea this year. Would definately like a time machine for that one.

Milanista said:
If you get tickets i think you need to get them in groups. Wiat for the PSV game tomorrow, the losing team would most likely sell all their tickets.
Lets hope everyone doesnt have to buy tickets from Milan fans. ;)

Excellent point on Cole, Eaton. I was thinking today about how Liverpool could really use a good one on one dribbler with quick feet. Kewell is a lost cause, and that basically leaves Garcia as the only shifty dribbler on the team. Baros can keep it close, but he never lifts his head to see what and who is around him.

Xabi and Gerrard are fantastic at marshalling an attack, but dont have the fleetest feet. I think one or two great ballhandlers could really undo some defenses on a team with Cisse and Moreintes up front.

liverpool rumored to signed one of my best favorite players, p.aimar, hopefully not =( , i think he is way better than joe cole, again congrats, i've been rubbing it in liverpool fans all year =p

So. .what players do you think we'll make moves for next season, or who would you like to see join the Movement at Anfield?

I heard Aimar, Figo, and Mista are all possibilities.

I wouldnt mind seeing Valencia's Vicente, as he could solve alot of problem. If we insist on a 5 man midfield next year, then Aimar could be perfect behind the lone striker.

. . and yes, i put my Landon Donovan hard-on to rest. . lol

Aimer would be sick for liverpool, he needs to transfer from valencia imo to reach his full potential, he is like saviola just needs to be in a better team. Aimar is a little wizard, him and gerard in midfield would work well maybe.

Alucard said:
Aimer would be sick for liverpool, he needs to transfer from valencia imo to reach his full potential, he is like saviola just needs to be in a better team. Aimar is a little wizard, him and gerard in midfield would work well maybe.

Dare to dream, but can you imagine a midfield of Gerrard, Aimar, Alonso?? Add in a decent DMF if Didi doesnt stay, and left-sided winger to balance Garcia.

That would be utter class. . especially with Cisse or Morientes up top. :shock:

EatonTJ said:
And personally, I'm still pissed that Liverpool didn't pick up Joe Cole a few years back when they had the chance. I remember there being a big debate about whether he would pan out or not... I always believed that having a skillful dribbler in the team (especially when you looked at Liverpool at the time) is always a plus. Joe Cole has been quite the player for Chelsea this year. Would definately like a time machine for that one.
You wanna talk about missing an opportunity to buy a player?
About 10 years ago, Cantona had a talk with Sir Alex and it went something like this. (not exaclt the same but along these lines)
Cantona: "Hey Fergie. I know a guy back in France who I think you should sign. He's young and has great skill."
Sir Alex: "What's his name?"
Cantona: "He goes by the name of Zinedine Zidane."
Sir Alex: "Nah. We have some great young players here so dont need any more signings"

I think I need a time machine more than you do Eaton.

RuneEdge said:
You wanna talk about missing an opportunity to buy a player?
About 10 years ago, Cantona had a talk with Sir Alex and it went something like this. (not exaclt the same but along these lines)
Cantona: "Hey Fergie. I know a guy back in France who I think you should sign. He's young and has great skill."
Sir Alex: "What's his name?"
Cantona: "He goes by the name of Zinedine Zidane."
Sir Alex: "Nah. We have some great young players here so dont need any more signings"

I think I need a time machine more than you do Eaton.

Wow, yes you do.

ghazi said:
Dare to dream, but can you imagine a midfield of Gerrard, Aimar, Alonso?? Add in a decent DMF if Didi doesnt stay, and left-sided winger to balance Garcia.

That would be utter class. . especially with Cisse or Morientes up top. :shock:

Hopefully some of our current talent can replace Hamann (although lets hope he stays) like Diarra, Potter, or Welsh.

Well the amount of good player United missed out on is too painful thinking about had we of got them at the club.

I remember we missed out on shearer,kluivert when he was good coming from ajax or some itallian team me thinks! Also Gascoigne(spelling), Ronaldo from barcalona when he was 19, almost missed out on RVN,then it was Ronaldinho and Robben has been lastest.

Imagine robben,rooney and C.Ronaldo at United together. would be much better than the shit robben is having to play with at chelsea feeding off scraps.lol

I was regretting such an early goal.....however the lads done us proud by defending with their lives.

Back where we belong...

YNWA

Edit: Do you guys think our progress be warrant enough to convince Gerrard to stay? The point Ghazi brought up a while back is interesting about questioning exactly where will he play in chelski (if he was to go).

Last edited:

Tim7 said:
That was never a goal :lmao:

\\:o/ i don't give a fuck \\:o/

i didn't think it had gone in and haven't seen it on tv yet but as far as i'm concerned i hope it was a couple of feet from going over the line, the further out the better, what goes around comes around :lmao:

great night at anfield and the best i've witnessed in 25 years, now on to istanbul

Alucard said:
Well the amount of good player United missed out on is too painful thinking about had we of got them at the club.

I remember we missed out on shearer,kluivert when he was good coming from ajax or some itallian team me thinks! Also Gascoigne(spelling), Ronaldo from barcalona when he was 19, almost missed out on RVN,then it was Ronaldinho and Robben has been lastest.

Imagine robben,rooney and C.Ronaldo at United together. would be much better than the shit robben is having to play with at chelsea feeding off scraps.lol
But the difference here is that someone robbed us of those players you mentioned where as with the Zidane story, Sir Alex was just too stupid to ignore Cantona. We would have had him if only Sir Alex was paying more attention to what Cantona had to say. If Fergie wanted him, we would have had him.

I was just wondering, now that Liverpool are in the final, could this be enough to convince Gerrard to stay and not move clubs?

It was mentioned on Radio five that this year is Carlsberg final year as shirt sponsors of 'Pool... Any idea of the prospective companies interested?

Hopefully going to the final will attract high bids and we could possibly get that much needed dough to add class players to the squad....

I TOLD Y'ALL!!!!! WE'RE THROUGH!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!! SAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!! CAAAARRRRRAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM IN A LOSS OF WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!! DREAM FINAL!!!!! MILAAAAN POOOOOL

YNWA

This will be a major boost for Liverpool. They'll get more money for making the final, plus they will attract sponsors like Rockykabir said AND players would want to join them. I can picture Owen coming back. If they get him and someone like Aimar, Liverpool will be one of europes greatest teams. Imagine 4 teams competing for the title.
The Premiership would be so great to watch.

Back
Top Bottom