Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

congratulations... just can't imagine what must be happening in the streets of liverpool right now

-fb

Congratulations to Liverpool.

foto_109701_CAS.jpg
http://www.diariosport.com/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_109701_CAS.jpg

What a game!!!!!
the best match I have seen in my life.....
At 0:1, 0:2 and even 0:3, I was thinking, this is not the
real Liverpool, we were far too nervous, BUT I kept the faith...
thinking it is possible...remembering the one time before
we have come back from 3:0 down against Basle 2 yrs ago.

Thank GOD, He was with the team tonight....truly divine
inspiration...nothing else could have pushed Liverpool
to such an astonishing comeback.
Benitez looked like he made a bad mistake to play Kewell
and not Hamann....but what a masterstroke to play 3-4-3
in the 2nd half...Gerrard was fantastic in the 2nd half..
the passing and the goals....none of them flukes...all
well worked passing moves...

I don't care if we don't win anything else....
this is THE BEST EUROPEAN CUP out of all FIVE....

Liverpool were playing 5 defenders in the second half.

I'm fucked, what a fantastic night. Who'd have believed it.... The giants are awake again and they're are the Champions of Europe. This is one of the best nights of my life. I don't know what to say really, I need a hug man.

hm... just curious. do you lot hit the sauce after big win like this? how else do you mad football supporters celebrate a victory of this magnitude?

-fb

well done liverpool fc, I felt milan played the better football but to come back from 3-0 was awesome, and penatlys are a lottery but well done anyways!!!!

a great final for us neutrals.

I still cant quite grasp the fact that we turned that game round, fucking unbelieveable.

3-0 down at half time and being given a football lesson, I have no idea what Rafa said during the break but it worked.

What a night

CWright said:
3-0 down at half time and being given a football lesson, I have no idea what Rafa said during the break but it worked.

What a night

I'll tell you what Rafa said at half time...
"What the fuck was I doing starting with Kewell, Hamann shackle Kaka and don't let him breathe"...Kaka was running riot in the 1st half

I don't care what anybody says, Liverpool winning last night was destiny
icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone ever been 3-0 down at half time against Milan and pulled it back like this?
Forget the cup, that it self in a big acheivement which proves Liverpool's potential.

What you lot need to do now is convert that into the Premiersip.

MO_DINERO said:
I'll tell you what Rafa said at half time...
"What the fuck was I doing starting with Kewell, Hamann shackle Kaka and don't let him breathe"...Kaka was running riot in the 1st half

I don't care what anybody says, Liverpool winning last night was destiny
icon_biggrin.gif

i dont know what rafa was smoking...but i want some of it :D

congratulations liverpool...inspiring comeback....damb i love underdogs

Went out on the streets of london last night, and red was the colour - it surely was a rafa-loution.. Absolutely amazing game - what an advert for English football for the world.

Proper players stood up, the manager stood up... The 'Pool were immense. Well done.

F*ck that show pony Beckham - GERRARD FOR ENGLAND!

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Went out on the streets of london last night, and red was the colour - it surely was a rafa-loution.. Absolutely amazing game - what an advert for English football for the world.

Proper players stood up, the manager stood up... The 'Pool were immense. Well done.

F*ck that show pony Beckham - GERRARD FOR ENGLAND!

He will be the next captain as Becks will prob retire after the WC!

Plus Gerrard is as inspirational as Beckham WAS!

But he hasnt reached that height for England YET!

CWright said:
I have no idea what Rafa said during the break but it worked.

You know what he acts all quiet and calm but I reckon his a much worse "hair dryer" than Alex Ferguson. Cause we were shocking in the first half no midfield and Traore turned into bambi again.

Anyway this was the best final of any football competition that i've seen and probably will ever see.

I don't care that we finished 5th this season, I don't care that we lost the Carling cup, I don't care if we don't get to defend the cup for next season. We're the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, gone down in history, we get to keep the trophy and no one can take away from us.

TBH even if we lost the game 4-3 or to penalties atleast we would have kept our pride & respect intact.

Unlucky to Milan.

Well done to the lads and rafa.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! Rafa Benitez you're a fucking legend!! I'm proud of the boys, they did us proud last night. What a turn around! Shocked!

Well done the scousers, Now lets get you that Cl place for next year so we can have your UEFA cup spot iv heard there might be a decision by tomorrow!

footieBalla said:
hm... just curious. do you lot hit the sauce after big win like this? how else do you mad football supporters celebrate a victory of this magnitude?

-fb

Well I was in Cardiff,Wales and watched the game in the Walkabout pub on giant screens....it was packed full of Liverpool fans and even a few Italians thinking an Australian bar would be neutral ground no doubt!

It absolutely erupted when the goals went in for Liverpool and beers got thrown about during all the dancing celebrations. We sang songs and downed ale, and now I'm recovering in work and regreting my late night kebab!

A friend said Madrid won this cup years ago and were shit in there league that year, but got a wild card to qualify the next year for winning the tournement... is there any truth in this?

A lot of the media are reporting that Uefa will NOT allow 5 English teams for next season’s competition, they don't wanna brake the rules. I think the English FA should take a leaf out of the Spanish FA's book and kick the blue bastards out! replace them with the...
Champions Of Europe

MO_DINERO said:
A lot of the media are reporting that Uefa will NOT allow 5 English teams for next season’s competition, they don't wanna brake the rules. I think the English FA should take a leaf out of the Spanish FA's book and kick the blue bastards out! replace them with the...
Champions Of Europe

I agree that you should defend your title but not at the expense of Everton. They battled hard to get to the champions league.

I do feel that if you're not good enough to make the top 4 of your respective league you can't complain about not being allowed in. You can't be the best team in Europe but 5th best in England.

Did anyone see that clip on sky sports news, with the raging bull music in the background and the clips of last nights match? It was absolutely beautiful, brought a tear to my eye... i must find this clip on the internet, or tape it if it is repeated.

What a night, words can't describe it... its the reason people follow football, the joy was ten times more powerful than any drug on earth... its just immense.

Feckin ell that was some game, gotta congratulate the scousers!!

Well Done!!

Shame that your not good enough to play again next season.....

Oh and gotta say that ranks among the best performance I've ever seen from a captain...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom