Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

So is it true that Liverpool are performing better without Gerrard? I just realized that the Carling Cup could have been won without him. Last night's performance was to be forgotten.

But then again ive seen more of his good performances than bad.

Well hes definatly going to leave Madrid in my opinion, but can you imagine the wages this guy would want?

Even though Chelsea are favourite to sign Gerrard, if he leaves, Figo could be part of a swap deal for Gerrard.

I think Gerrard will stay. If he has any brains he would anyway. I think Liverpool are on the road to creating a great team and I'm sure Stevie realises he should be a part of it.
Liverpool in atleast 2 more years will definately be a great threat in the Premiership and Europe.

RuneEdge said:
I think Gerrard will stay. If he has any brains he would anyway. I think Liverpool are on the road to creating a great team and I'm sure Stevie realises he should be a part of it.
Liverpool in atleast 2 more years will definately be a great threat in the Premiership and Europe.

True Rune, but i think he may be pissed of hearing that "wait till next year" mantra over and over again.

I wonder where you fit Gerrard into a Chelsea starting side, because they seem most effective with two wingers (duff robben, and cole as sub) and then makelele is a force in the middle and often their most reliable player from what i seen. so unless you go to a 5 man midfield, the only guy left to come off for Gerrard is a dude named Frank. lol.

How would Chelsea accomodate Gerrard? 3-5-2, or 4-5-1?

There's also this kid at Real Mardid named Owen who could be used in swap deal. i hear he scores goals by the truckload. .. sorry. ..LORRYload. :mrgreen:

------------Drogba
--Duff-----------------Robben
-------Lampard-Gerrard
----------Makelele
Bridge Terry Carvaliho Ferreira
------------Cech

Looks alright to me Ghazi! ;) Wheres your Roy Jones avatar gone to?

I think the 0:0 draw was a fair result.
But having said that, the main focus for Liverpool was to make the
Home game alive. We did'nt lose, which was fantastic.
Alonso was unlucky, but he should have avoided getting the stupid
yellow card at Juve. When he did that, I had a feeling he would
regret it later on. Just hope that Hamann comes back in time.
Biscan had a decent game, he was involved in our best move of the match,
a quick 4-5 passes before Cisse was released and shot wide.

I think the 2nd leg is anyone's game. Liverpool may hold a 51-49 advantage
because of the home support and the fact that our home form has been
excellent this season. Chelsea have an almost equal chance, but their
away record in Europe seems a bit shaky.
It's an intriguing game, with no clear winner as yet.
Liverpool need to have a measured attack, and can't allow Chelsea
to counter too much. Chelsea will sit back and allow Liverpool to attack
while they leave the likes of Robben and Duff hanging off our back four.
It's too close to call....i think whoever scores first should win it.

koolaje said:
Well .. this is maybe one reason why Gerrard's playing like that ..

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=331934&cc=3436

Don't laugh, we all know what it feels when u have something like that :-)
I sympathise with him, but it does seem a little irresponsible for him to leave it till last minute. After all, footy players get loads of time off for rest. Why didn't he go Monday afternoon before they left for Chelsea? Probably still felt the effect while playing it seems. :(

I agree, well said Crayola, the lad didn't look happy at all. Then again he never does. I fancy our chances at Anfield with the 12th man. Hopefully Bolton will give a few of the chavs a bit of a kicking.

danwin said:
. Hopefully Bolton will give a few of the chavs a bit of a kicking.
Certainly won't be easy for the shandy-drinkers, that's for sure. Middlesbrough on the other hand, depends on whether we are Jekyll or Hyde, quite frankly. I expect Alonso to be playing. ;)

Hamman will be back for Tuesday night, thats one bit of good news

Don't know why on earth there is so much of media talk of whether
Liverpool will play in next year's CL....about the scenarios
of winning it and finishing outside the top 4.
What's the point, other than distracting us from the present objectives.
Just let Liverpool focus on finishing 4th and reaching the CL final.
After the season is over, we can worry about next season.

Great game vs boro. Downing scored a good goal. Bad tackle by xavi or nunez if orgot who. Thwy got a yellow.

Nuneth scored the goal. The player booked was Nunez. Bloody Pelligrino, slower than a hungry camel. Useless. Middlesborough defending well.

Nemeth scored the goal men, where you watching the same game as me !?!?!

we hammerd them for large periods of the game but yet again failed to capitalize on when we're on top.

garcia changed the game at half time, he gave us some creativity

goal of the month contender from gerrard.

Yep, the one with the strange name...:)

Glad he took Pelligrino off at half time. kevano22, me or you could play better than him.

kevano22 said:
Nemeth scored the goal men, where you watching the same game as me !?!?!

we hammerd them for large periods of the game but yet again failed to capitalize on when we're on top.

garcia changed the game at half time, he gave us some creativity

goal of the month contender from gerrard.
LOL i was playing pro evo and watching LOL!!

crayon said:
Yep, the one with the strange name...:)

Glad he took Pelligrino off at half time. kevano22, me or you could play better than him.

My Mum could play better than him

crayon said:
.....and she's probably faster, too. ;)

Over shorter distances I would have to agree, expecially if she drops some cash.

More points dropped today and with Everton losing we once again couldnt make up any ground, fucks sake

A point dropped? u went one behind!!!

Anyway, cheers for doing us a favour and not letting boro win.

Hard to see us getting 4th now...we play Arsenal away and Villa at home...we'll be lucky to get 4 pts.
That means Everton just need 2 pts to go through...Newcastle(h), Arsenal(a),Bolton(a).
There is still some lingering hope, but Everton need to collapse for that to happen.

i think benitez gave up on the league the day last week, fielding players such as welsh and potter. ridiculous.

its funny isnt it, we keep a clean sheet against juventus and chelsea...4 minutes into middlesbrough, 1-0 down.

WHY DO YOU PLAY PELLESHITO MR BENITEZ, WHY?!?!?

SAMI HYYPIA AND JAMIE CARRAGHER HAVE BEEN FLUCKING AMAZING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

STOP PLAYING PELLESHITO OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND CUT YOUR LEFT NUT OFF.

i would gladly send this to mr benitez, as good a man i think he is, i think he needs "how to chose centre back" lessons.

Yep it amazes me me that he persists with Pellegrino who has cost us cheap goals with his embarassing slow pace.

He can't blame the players for dropping points when he has chopped and changed too much it has ruined our mentality, that is why we're so inconsistent.

The new Tinkerman (hope not) - and if Kevano22 had his way, unbalanced in the nut dept.

He seems to have a trust in Pelligrino (because he's Spanish?) that reminds me of GH.

Pellegrino is shit, i said that the first minute i saw him play in a red shirt. Waaaaaay too slow, he is just a waste of time. Even fuckin Henchoz is better than him!

Pelligrino is actually Argentinian. But he is certainly shite. lol. What a fuckin tool that cat is. He has no reason to be on the field.

Gerrard's goal was the goal of the season. . thereby replacing Mellor's goal. ;)

jami Mack. .after two straight KO losses, i had to put Roy Jones out to pasture, my friend. Stay tuned for a James Toney. . or even my own real picture if i get adventurous.

Back
Top Bottom