Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Milanista said:
lol the FA have announced that if Liverpool win the CL, they will NOT get automatic qualification because it will not be fair for 4th place. If Everton come 4th, they would have been kicked out for the 2nd time because the 1st time they won the league and the ENglish ban took place. So if Everton come 4th, they will go to the CL.

Sorry to spoil it.

not arsed about it really, first off we have to win the cl first anyway which i think is highly unlikely as i can't see us beating chelsea and psv ;)

the most important thing for us next season is starting to get some consistency in our league performances not europe although i fancy our chances in the uefa cup, also everton finishing 4th will provide the bitter bastards with a nice day out as i can't see them beating any of the teams who are currently seeded in the 3rd qualifying round for next years competition
http://europacup-seedings.cjb.net/

Everton in the CL would give me a few giggles.....well, at least for 90 minutes.:D

Just a little encouragement for tonight for Liverpool, hope you beat Chelsea in both legs and bring them back down to earth.

Come on Liverpool, you can do it!

I really do think Liverpool can win, and I am praying they do as well.

Im also hoping Liverpool win... im pretty confident a crucial away goal can be scored tonight, and im hoping it decides the next game.

Last edited:

kopi.gif

there's a few banners up already but the bizzies have just turned up so don't know how long it'll last

trafalgar square webcam

Nice one fishcake, thanks Milanista. How was your game last night? I believe you went?

Btw, what a great pic :applause: - if you don't mind I think I'll right click that one! :mrgreen:

Good game for you guys, you are pushing it. But the defence is giving too much space, but after all you guys are playing a fair great game.

Finding this game rather boring. So far only Baros and Lamps coming close. Both teams seem abit scared to make mistakes.

Poor game by Gerrard imo, many mistakes, bad shots, and couldnt direct any proper passes. In the 2nd half only Cisse and Joe Cole seemed like real threats.

To be honest that was seriously very boring.. but i think Benitez wanted that score in a way, Liverpool didnt seem to press enough.

Last edited:

Not the best semi in the world for the neutrals. I thought Gerard and Baros were very below par, no away goal but youve now got to be favorites?

Baros has been shite for the past 2 months

Gerrard was awful

Im happy with the result tho

Fairly happy with the result, but like Milanista said Chelsea have 2 chances out of 3 win or a score draw. I don't think Liverpool are the favourites now but if we play like we did against Juve at home then we got a very good chance of going to Istanbul.... Really gutted for Xabi Alonso though just when things were getting better for him

I would kinda sorta almost feel bad for Everton, but i won't if the FA had decided otherwise. The bottom line is that the FA would be saying that 4th place in the EPL is more of an achievement than being 1st in Europe. I find that to be disturbing, regardless of which teams we are talking about.

Was it me or did Gerrard look like he was well off his offensive timing and accuracy, today?? No alonso in the second leg is awful, especially when you consider the lame foul that drew the card.

Milanista said:
Well Chelsea have 2 chances out of 3.... win, or tie witha score above 0-0. Liverpool now MUST win.

How is that 2 out of 3 chances? Dont you lot consider 0-0 a chance?
Liverpool could make it 0-0 and win on penalties.
If they could go away and keep a clean sheet against Chelsea, dont you think they can do it at home.
Chelsea obviously have a better chance of winning buts thats onloy because they are the better side.
IMO, no one really has the advantage.

I was hoping the second leg was on Sky Sports. Maybe we could have heard "WHAAAAAT A BEEEEAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Did you see Alonso after the final whistle? Shook the refs hand, turned away, obviously dejected by the somewhat harsh decision by the Frenchman. He looked toward the camera which was on the side of the pitch near the tunnel and you could see him clearly say "Tw*t!". Good to see his English improving!:D

I thought Liverpool did a good job on Chelsea last night and Chelsea seemed more nervous than Liverpool. If we had pressed some more, I think we could have sneaked it. As for that save from Milan Baros, world class. Milan Baros looked like he wasn't trying for the most part though.

crayon said:
Did you see Alonso after the final whistle? Shook the refs hand, turned away, obviously dejected by the somewhat harsh decision by the Frenchman. He looked toward the camera which was on the side of the pitch near the tunnel and you could see him clearly say "Tw*t!". Good to see his English improving!:D

I thought I saw him say the F word. But it was funny anyway. :lol:

A good game last night but still all to play for in the 2nd leg, its far from over

Fair result, it was better that Alonso got booked last night instead of next tuesday(remember what happened to Nedved a few years back...?).

Gerrard seems to dissapear everytime we've came up against Chelsea this season, I wonder why that is...

I reckon Cisse has got to start next week even if he has to partner Baros.

Agree about Gerrard, thought he was shit and actually nearly put Liverpool in deep trouble with woeful passing.

FD

Am I alone in thinking that Biscan is actually improving?

Or should I stop with the drink and the drugs right now

Nope i agree, think Traore has improved too, made some great tackles last night for us.

UberFitz said:
Nope i agree, think Traore has improved too, made some great tackles last night for us.
He played alright but in my opinion hes still your biggest weak spot!

And in a totally unrelated story...

Luis Figo is on the verge of joining Liverpool as talks between the player and club have reached an advanced stage.

The Portuguese international could become the second Real Madrid player to leave Spain for Anfield this year after Fernando Morientes made the move in January.

Figo was the leader of Portugal's 'Golden Generation' and won a FIFA World Youth Championship medal in 1991. He also made his full debut that year against Luxembourg.

He retired from international football after Portugal were defeated by Greece in the EURO2004 final. He had won 110 caps and scored 31 goals during his international career.

Figo left his native Portugal in 1995 and moved to Barcelona for a reported fee of just over 4 million. He spent five wonderful years at the Camp Nou winning two Primera Liga titles and the European Cup Winners Cup.

In an extremely controversial move in 2000, Figo joined arch rivals Real Madrid for a then world record fee of 37 million. The massive fee appeared justified as Madrid and Figo went on to win another two league titles and the Champions League. Figo himself also won the FIFA World Footballer of the Year in 2001.

He has an impressive list of honours to his name including four La Primera titles, Champions League, Intercontinental Cup, two Spanish Cups, three Spanish Super Cups, European Cup Winners Cup and two European Super Cup winners medals. As well as his FIFA World Footballer of the Year title in 2001 he had been named European Footballer of the Year the year before.

He can speak four languages including English and is married with one daughter. A move to Merseyside would raise a few eyebrows in the Premiership and would certainly cause a buzz of excitement amongst the Anfield faithful.

About Biscan, he's doing a decent job but I still think he looks like he's shitting himself as soon as someone passes the ball to him.

About Figo, great buy he would be. Fantastic player.

FD

I wouldn't be very impressed if they signed Figo, he's over the hill and a diving, whinging twat, but I guess all teams need one, Chelsea have Duff :)

Ok let me rephrase that, IMO he's past his best ;) But still, anyone really think he's gonna be able to cut it in the fast paced Premier league?

Yeah Figo can still produce moments of brilliance but then again you rarely see the guy tracking back to defend...

Liverpool could be doing with someone like him in their team. To many British teams are getting over-run with robotic workhorses.

FD

Back
Top Bottom