Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

MO_DINERO said:
can anybody on this forum imagine Bolton/Everton travelling to the San Siro or Nou Camp?
icon_rolleyes.gif
:lol: It would just give Sam Allardyce more referee's to moan about!!!

MO_DINERO said:
Can anybody on this forum imagine Bolton/Everton travelling to the San Siro or Nou Camp?

If they get through the qualifiers ;)

Tim7 said:
:lol: It would just give Sam Allardyce more referee's to moan about!!!

You better get used to it cause its either going to be Bolton or Everton in Europe next season. :)

smango said:
You better get used to it cause its either going to be Bolton or Everton in Europe next season. :)
Should last until at least October. :lol:

I just don't get it .. why on earth is Pellegrino is ahead in the pecking order than Hyppia (in the League)? Which part excactly he is better than Hyppia? Size? Ability? Heading? NATIONALITY ???? Hyppia is way better than him IMHO.

I agree with you koolaje. 100% committed in every game, as solid as you can get, a good counter-balance to the scurrying Carragher.....and, believe it or not....he's faster. Pelligrino perhaps has one advantage - better crossing than the woeful Nunez. Hyppia though could have been top scorer this season - if only we played him up front.:D

Pellegrino and Nunez are both shite, end of discussion

crayon said:
Having a bad morning, Chris? ;)

Heh .. Nunez is settling down now, I think he can be a utility man, not a starter. Hyppia in my eyes will always be the starting CB, no question. Pellegrino is only a backup, and he should stay that way, and I think he's older than Hyppia ?

It's rather odd, Hierro was a striker during his youth and became CB after he's older, and now Hyppia is scoring at will in his 30s. LOL !!

Thank god Gerrard has given up the duty of taking penalties, I reckon it should be handed down to Garcia.

Rafa pick Pellegrino ahead of Hyppia because he supposedly has better postional sense than Hyppia. As you know Valencia's defenders were hardly blessed with pace so it's all about finding the right postion to make the tackle....

Any another thing, Hyppia 1st team goals: 24(in a red shirt) is rather great for a defender - Heck not many strikers can get to that total within their whole career...

About Pellegrino and/or Hyypia.
I watched Liverpool-Juventus on Belgian television.
One of the pundits was Belgian coach Emilio Ferreira who is a very good friend of Benitez.
Ferreira said on that occasion that Benitez prefers Pellegrino by far to Hyypia and that Benitez considers Hyypia even a liability and wants to get rid of him.
Of course i don't know if that's true...but the guy is indeed a very good friend of Benitez.

gerd said:
About Pellegrino and/or Hyypia.
I watched Liverpool-Juventus on Belgian television.
One of the pundits was Belgian coach Emilio Ferreira who is a very good friend of Benitez.
Ferreira said on that occasion that Benitez prefers Pellegrino by far to Hyypia and that Benitez considers Hyypia even a liability and wants to get rid of him.
Of course i don't know if that's true...but the guy is indeed a very good friend of Benitez.

Another reason blast mr. Benitez. He may be from Spain but we have the best defender in the EPL, so move over Pellegrino.

Garcia to take PKs, I Like ! :P

Apparently Hyypia is already holding talks with Roma and is likely to move if Liverpool finish 6th. Read that in the newspaper today.

he wont move, i think he is liverpool through and through. I like sami, i think him and carragher will both see out their careers here.

lets hope im not eating my words at the end of the season.

Oh yeah we're supposedly going to sign Upson in the summer, seeing as he doesn't want to sign a new contract at Birmingham and wants to move up a level.

I'd say Baros is a gonna, apparently Benitez doesn't like his style of play and wants a striker who can link up with the team more...

good result for us tonight with bolton drawing, really expected them to beat southampton

anyway we can go 4th tomorrow if the mancs beat the shite and we manage to beat portsmouth, i still think there's gonna be a few more twists before the end of the season but we can't keep throwing the chance away to overtake everton

every player needs to stand up and be counted, they proved they can do it in turin now they need to do it a fratton park

As for Baros, Valencia or Fiorientina can have him!....but let's make sure they pay over the odds for him. As for Hyppia, he's my fave player at Anfield and as for positional sense he's a lot better than Pellegrino. Hope that Benitez doesn't turn into Houllier and have personal favourites - that's for the fans. Get rid of Diouf (value going up every time he plays for Bolton:D) and other superfluous rubbish and sign Carragher on a really long contract. As for Gerrard, I hate to say it but it's time to cash in because it seems we are a better "team" without him.:(

Concerning the Bolton game last night, is fate shining its light on us?

Are you serious about Gerrard?
Think about it this way, if you win the CL, you'll get loads of cash from the prize money, plus money from selling Diouf and Baros, plus having Cisse back. And then you could probably resign Owen who would definatly want to come back and have money left over.
Liverpool will be a serious threat in England again. Imagine a Premiership where there are 4 possible winners contending...ah what do I care, we already kicked your ass twice, we'll do it again like we did Arsenal. :mrgreen:

Stringer Bell said:
How is Kwell doing for liverpool, his been imvisble for your club this season. Such a talent, don't know what happened to him!

He is meant to be back for the first leg against Chelsea, and rumours are he will be sold come the end of the season. Possibly to Bayern Munchen. :)

RuneEdge said:
Are you serious about Gerrard?........

Liverpool will be a serious threat in England again. Imagine a Premiership where there are 4 possible winners contending...ah what do I care, we already kicked your ass twice, we'll do it again like we did Arsenal. :mrgreen:

Gerrard is joy and frustration in equal measures. We know he is sensational most of the time, but add in sloppy passing at times, wanting to do everything and the fact that he's always thinking (alledgedly) about leaving, what do you think? True, if we keep him, I can see us being a real force, but lets face it, we're gonna get buttons for Diouf.

However RuneEdge, you do speak lots of sense.....except for the last bit. :mrgreen: It's funny how Fergie still uses us as a barometer of his side and their current level. Even he knows we'll be back! :lol:

For everyone that says we're playing without better Gerrard and say we're better off without him, you better get your head checked. A team maybe playing well without that captain for a couple of games, but it's a long season, and his battling qualities will be felt when we play the top teams like of Chelsea and Man U. We may have played well against Leverkusen & Juventus, but they're not the same "top" team as Chelsea.

I wish I don't want to say this to fellow liverpool fans (especially for you Crayon), but for heavens' sake, what are you guys thinking? He's our captain and you think it's better to have him out of the side, and bring some other ppl to replace him? Please, we have lost one Owen, let's not push Gerrard to the exit door!

Last edited:

koolaje said:
I wish I don't want to say this to fellow liverpool fans (especially for you Crayon), but for heavens' sake, what are you guys thinking? He's our captain and you think it's better to have him out of the side, and bring some other ppl to replace him? Please, we have lost one Owen, let's not push Gerrard to the exit door!

Please don't compare Gerrard with Owen I can tell you the majority of Liverpudlians weren't that bothered when Owen pissed off, with Gerrard he is inspirational at times but also average at times. Sure if we sell Gerrard we will cash in about £40 Million (add 20% if we sell to chelski) but you gotta trust Mr. Benitez he is a clever manager and he will do what it takes to bring the glory days back to Liverpool...and yes even if that means selling Gerrard but I for one would like to see him stay

Last edited:

If liverpool win CL then i wouldnt worry about gerrard too much. You will get alot of money and you will attract good players as you will get noticed more. Keeping gerrard would be a bonus but it surely aint goign to be end of the world if you lose him like some pple are making it out to be. IMO gerrard thniks he is bigger than the club and lets shit get to his head. I mean its like Liverpool are playing for him WTF.

Good luck to you boys in CL, id much prefer see Liverpool win it with honesty and hard work instead of cocky money grabbers chelsea who think they are so great all of a sudden.

Why would you lot want to sell Diouf he can be a good player for your team, IMO his better than Baros.

And as for Gerrad, your team shouldn't sell him.......people ask for what they don't want.

Last edited:

Alucard, you speak 100% sense. It's all about commitment isn't it? He's the captain and yet he dilly-dallies about full time commitment to Liverpool. We want more types like Carra who gives everything AND doesn't shout his mouth off or let himself get his head turned by the media/his agent. Carra wants to commit himself to LFC for life - promptly awarded with a contract.....sign here please....you'll do for me son! Come on, reds! The countdown to the 1st leg begins...Gerrard should know by now which side his bread is buttered on - how much better does it get than SF of the CL!?!

Back
Top Bottom