Liverpool Thread

CQ0eyTiWcAAqTgq.jpg

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/652211371719950336/photo/1

GET INNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

no it is actually very eye opening interview, explains a lot about why Sakho wasn´t playing.... etc... im very surprised Rodgers lasted so long according to that interview...

He is going to make big things for sure, it's even realistically to expect that from start of the new season. But he can take as much time as he need. Can't wait to see his celebrations and pasion. YNWA
And it's nice to see lots of jealous people.

Good for the league. Am happy for you lot, and happy he s not coming to us or going to City or Chelski. Between Mourinho, LVG and Klopp we ll never go without at least one amusing press conference every week.

Time to get Pool, Arse and United playing for the title again and forget about those two small blue clubs.

Last edited:
I rather Klopp @Liverpool then Spurs or Chelsea. I do wonder how much funds will he get since no one on the current squad is that valued which is odd for the amount they spend over the last 4 season.

What a load of shite appointment. He's as clueless as Liverpool these days.

Just playing! Congrats for this appointment. I'm happy to see him in the EPL and hope he has a positive effect on the title race :)

have you guys heard the interview? I was shocked at how much Rodgers and the transfer committee were divided on what players to get... seems like Sakho wasn´t Rodgers buy and that his renewal of contract for next 5 years was all the transfer committee....this was beggining of the end for Rodgers nevermind Klopp comming...

Rodgers neither wanted Sturridge....this is a big shock for me..i thought Sturridge is his player. Also he never wanted Firmino...

Seems to me, that the transfer committee realy wanted players here who could already play under Klopp.... very strange things.

they never went along from day 1.... that is why we wasted milions on players like Lallana, Allen or Balotelli....

Benteke and Firmino were wanted by Klopp after all while he was still at BVB

Haven't heard the whole interview, but isn't it weird to have buys to please your future manager rather than the one that's currently at the helm?

I've never been a fan of the transfer committee. Really undermines the manager's role and adds even more unnecessary voices in the backroom and if a signing doesn't work, is it because the manager failed, or transfer committee failed? I think its ok if they suggest/scout, but the final decision should always be with the manager and not the other way around.

Haven't heard the whole interview, but isn't it weird to have buys to please your future manager rather than the one that's currently at the helm?

I've never been a fan of the transfer committee. Really undermines the manager's role and adds even more unnecessary voices in the backroom and if a signing doesn't work, is it because the manager failed, or transfer committee failed? I think its ok if they suggest/scout, but the final decision should always be with the manager and not the other way around.

I don't think every signing was meant for Klopp except maybe this summer's signings when FSG may have already decided to get rid of Rodgers and were biding their time for Klopp to become available.

survive mor
I don't think every signing was meant for Klopp except maybe this summer's signings when FSG may have already decided to get rid of Rodgers and were biding their time for Klopp to become available.

If that is true, it's very cynical. Get rid of Rodgers immediately then.
This might explain some weird things that Rodgers has done...if the manager feels that the club is buying players for another manager then he turns into survive mode and acts for himself and not for the team or the club.

Who is to blame then for the last weeks? Rodgers or the owners? That is a no brainer for me: the owners.

People (Pipa is a prime example of the flock mentality) forget that Rodgers gave the Liverpool fans the best football they have seen since the beginning of the EPL era.

Did he win things? No. Benitez won silverxare with football that is reminiscent of Mourinho... He broke with the clubs traditional style of football and that to me is also something that is not good...

I'm exagerating a litle bit, but i feel for Rodgers (even if i'm excited too about Klopp being in Liverpool, this seems a perfect match).

Wonder how the piap's of this world will react if Klopp hasn't won anything in 3 seasons time...my guess is just similar to the reactions about Rodgers.

Bad results are very rarely the manager's fault alone...the players should also dosome introspection.

Nevertheless, i hope for the sake of football that Liverpool will be very competitive and win things...

i also feel for Rodgers and i was also shocked he got the sack right now...but honestly he massively overpaid for players like Allen, Lovren, Lallana or Borini... even others that never played or played few minutes and were gone...such as Ilori, Aspas, Luis Alberto etc...those all are his players...very overpaid...

Why owners are the ones to blame? they invest money, they build new stand, they care we have a coach like Klopp, who is with all respect more qualified for the job than Rodgers was. They IMO gave Rodgers enough time...he should have been sacked after the horror away to Stoke last season... They give him time and a top manager was available...if they didn´t act now, he would have signed for another team and we would regret not to take the chance... in the end all they want is for their team to produce something for the money they invest...they invested a LOT... but the targets were not achieved...

I will forever remember the 13-14 season, but all in all that was something unusual, since after that it went horribly wrong...

what has our 3 strikers done after we sold Suarez..? Borini? Lambert? Balotelli? It was up to Rodgers to sort our post Suarez team... he failed...

edit: not to mention Klopp and his team will recieve LESSER sallary than Rodgers had...

Last edited:
i also feel for Rodgers and i was also shocked he got the sack right now...but honestly he massively overpaid for players like Allen, Lovren, Lallana or Borini... even others that never played or played few minutes and were gone...such as Ilori, Aspas, Luis Alberto etc...those all are his players...very overpaid...

Why owners are the ones to blame? they invest money, they build new stand, they care we have a coach like Klopp, who is with all respect more qualified for the job than Rodgers was. They IMO gave Rodgers enough time...he should have been sacked after the horror away to Stoke last season... They give him time and a top manager was available...if they didn´t act now, he would have signed for another team and we would regret not to take the chance... in the end all they want is for their team to produce something for the money they invest...they invested a LOT... but the targets were not achieved...

I will forever remember the 13-14 season, but all in all that was something unusual, since after that it went horribly wrong...

what has our 3 strikers done after we sold Suarez..? Borini? Lambert? Balotelli? It was up to Rodgers to sort our post Suarez team... he failed...

edit: not to mention Klopp and his team will recieve LESSER sallary than Rodgers had...

Well you can't say he failed when he wasn't given full freedom to begin with. Now I hope he goes to a team where he's given that and only then can we see what he can bring without interference. This makes managers mad. Read about Koeman and Van Gaal. Actually you don't really have to read anything, it's just common sense when your'e a manager of anything the last thing you want is people make decisions in your place that undermine and take away authority from you.

Loved to see Klopp's interviews - this guy has got passion and heart - he loves the game - and he's a great fit for Liverpool..

Another interesting note: Klopp has beaten Mourinho, LVG, Pellegrini and Wenger in the last 5 years as manager of Dortmund :) So he will not feel inferior and will give the side more confidence.

I was pretty optimistic for the season after that one great half against Arsenal. The players looked like a proper team. This was not to be repeated, however, except maybe against Aston Villa but even then we conceded two and the opposition was hardly at Arsenal level.

I think the right manager can absolutely get these players to work well together, the quality is there, (as it bloody well should be with the money spent) it's up to Klopp now to make the players gel.

Pipa, maybe you should reread my post, because if i read your answer, ihave the impression you haven't understood what i was trying to say.

I was talking only about this season.

If it is true (if Pipa) that Liverpool bought players for Klopp, knowing that Rodgers would be sacked, then that is bad management and this bad start of the season is not the responsability of the manager, but of the owners.

I'm sure plenty goes on behind the scenes.

Maybe he was offered the job in the summer but he recently got wind that Pep is likely to stay at Bayern. Seems strange to let Rodgers spend even a penny if they didn't want him anyway

When asked what kind of football Liverpool fans should expect, he responded: A wild one [laughs]. In football, all the world-class teams play possession football, that's cool.

"I like to watch this; Bayern Munich, great team, great club; Barcelona, yes; Real Madrid; maybe on some days, Manchester City. But nobody starts as a ball possession team.

"You cannot start and say 'OK, we have the ball and the other players have to wait’. The first thing, always, maybe in life, you need to have a stable defence. That's the first thing, always.

Good taste :TU:

Last edited:
Mourinho, Van Gaal, Wenger, Klopp. Imagine Pep on top of that.
"The real star is the manager!"
And then they all fight relegation while Swansea is winning trophies. :P

Aspas, Luis Alberto and Ilori are not his buys. The thing is though that there were 7M gambles that didn't work. Rodgers wasted again and again significant amounts on "proven PL" players.
It's mental how FSG allowed these 1 buy for Rodgers, 1 buy for the committee to operate for so long.

Well you can't say he failed when he wasn't given full freedom to begin with. Now I hope he goes to a team where he's given that and only then can we see what he can bring without interference. This makes managers mad. Read about Koeman and Van Gaal. Actually you don't really have to read anything, it's just common sense when your'e a manager of anything the last thing you want is people make decisions in your place that undermine and take away authority from you.
Koeman doesn't control the transfer process. Van Gaal and Wenger are the only two managers with full authority in transfers.

Back
Top Bottom