Liverpool Thread

Personally? They announced that at the time the new Main Stand was announced.

The next step would be to redevelop the Anfield Road Stand, but The Kop is at maximum and likewise the Centenary Stand, so basically the 59,000 quoted is the biggest the stadium could be on it's current footprint.

well i didn´t know that, but i read on other forum that they might redevelop Anfield road stand in future again, depending how far the club will go, and certainly now there will be much bigger match revenue so it´s only question of time.. Anfield can be expanded because the only thing that needs to be done is to find replacement home for people who live around anfield... like they did now demolishing the houses behind newly build main stand.. (in black) that will be a new pedestrian only area...

654YXcN.jpg

the part in yellow is an empty space behind anfield road stand, imo enough space to make it biger in future again, similar as main stand.. The only stand i can´t see being bigger is the KOP... as there is a street blocking it.. but it isn´t impossible...

we will see.

It's not as easy as it looks Pipa, the club have already said that the current upgrades are the maximum that can be undertaken on this land. It's not just a case of knocking down all the houses in the area and building higher, there's a lot of other things to be undertaken. Under the plans for phase 2, Anfield Road will be closed off as a road and will go under the stand and lead to a new underground car park.

Also, looking at that picture doesn't really help much, the black box with the X in it in the top left for instance, is about 100 yards away from the ground, can't see that being much use tbh.

They already said The Kop can't be made any bigger, it's already at the maximum size possible on that land.

Oh, and hi Gerd! I'm good thanks man, busy with a new job at the minute, hope all is well. I'm very excited by Klopp's arrival, can't wait for the Spurs game. I was never in a rush to get Rodgers out but now Klopp is in i'm going to back him 100% too. Funnily enough i've bumped into him several times as the hotel he's staying in is directly opposite the new restaurant i'm working in, his wife was in the morning after he signed, she's really nice.

It's bad luck for 'us' (not really), that Klopp's first match is against Spurs...this could give Liverpool a huge boost.

It's great for Liverpool to have such a good manager (what is a good manager?), but i also feel for Rodgers...

PS: great result for Hodgson too, a 100% percent result in the qualifiers and this with a pretty ordinary team.

That gives Origi a chance - maybe Klopp will bring the best out of him.

Benteke should be back next match....

For the Spurs game, he may go 1 striker (Sturridge) up top with Coutinho, Lallana, Milner maybe off him....and
Can and Lucas in the middle with a back four.

To put things in perspective.
What happenedto Brendan Rodgers in his private life while he was Liverpool manager:

His dad died.
His mum died.
The wife he loved for more than 20 years walked out on him.
There where two court cases for sexual assault against his son (he turned out to be innocent).

Gary Monk when he heard about Rodgers' sacking: 'i'm upset about this, he was my biggest example, i've learned everything i know about managing from him".

This is not a dig at Liverpool the club or the fans...just wanted to put thing a litle bit in perspective.

I'n just bought "Living on the volcano" the secret of surviving as a football manager...fascinating book...

Most fans werent against him or calling for his head. It just made sense to sack him as without the strikeforce he couldnt get the team organised or motivated anymore. He was all about confidence but it got shattered and he couldnt get it back.

The fact that all that happend in his private life stayed private for the most part shows how dedicated and focused on the club he was. It just the endless management drivel he spouted gave everyone a obvious stick to beat him with. And when he continued that positivity after terrible matches it made it all the more jarring.

What happenedto Brendan Rodgers in his private life while he was Liverpool manager:

His dad died.
His mum died.
There where two court cases for sexual assault against his son (he turned out to be innocent).

Gary Monk when he heard about Rodgers' sacking: 'i'm upset about this, he was my biggest example, i've learned everything i know about managing from him".

This is not a dig at Liverpool the club or the fans...just wanted to put thing a litle bit in perspective.

I'n just bought "Living on the volcano" the secret of surviving as a football manager...fascinating book...

With all said and done, he does seem like a nice guy and that is tough for anyone to deal with on a personal level and still remain focuses on a professional level speaks volumes

I will always look for him to do well but can't help but be excited by Klopp

Hope he can kick some ass with the players and get them Playing 100% for one another, that's all i ask.

His dad died.
His mum died.

I think that most fans feel for him, but what can we do? At the end of the day we are sport club, not a charity organization. Results matter. He couldn't get the results so he had to be replaced.

also the days of romantism in football are over... after Ferguson, there will not be a manager who can build a team from ZERO and remain there for two decades... i realy doubt any owner would give so much time to a new manager...

the competition is much bigger in world football, even in PL for the past decade there are new rivals for LFC, not just United and Arsenal, but also Chelsea, City and Tottenham...

as goofy said, results matter and long period without results means a lot more worse for the club than it did a decade or two ago... there is no patience in football, just look at Moyes.. he also is a good guy imo... but that has nothing to do with football on pitch.

Looking at the clubs I know the general sell-by-date for managers these days seems to be 3 years. A year of adjustment, a year of performance and a year of relative disappointment. The speed with which hype, news, "something new" moves these days in general seems to be translating to football. Peope are quickly bored and want something new sooner then later. Rodgers was already one of the current longest serving managers!

He didn't do himself no favours by his positivism.
I'm currently reading the book about talent scouts (Nowhere Men).There is a lot of talk about Liverpool.
Buying players is a huuuuge gamble, in the end, the manager is responsible, but is he to blame? I doubt it in general and i strongly doubt it in Rodgers and Liverpool case.

All this said, i'm also excited about Klopp and Liverpool. I hope they fare well with him (starting from next weekend, i'm a Spurs fan).

And tik, generally spoken managers don't get the time they deserve.

Relatively impressed with Liverpool today (although to be honest I'd over-hyped everything in my own head due to loving Klopp and his Dortmund team) but there are definitely promising signs for Liverpool fans despite a 0-0 draw.

I was more impressed with Spurs though, a lot of cool heads (especially Dembele) were shown in playing through the pressing - draw was probably a fair result although Spurs did edge it overall in terms posing more of a threat when on the attack.

good game today from both teams, good chances, great pressing from our side...for good portion of first half we looked already much better than under Rodgers... we missed our injured players very much today... but i was impressed by our team... the Origi header should went in... it would be a different match... but credit to Tottenham, they were challenging us and had more clear chances... today my MOM either Sakho or Mignolet... again im dissapointed by Coutinho, who was isolated most of the match.. other than that i think Lallana finally steped up his game and run his lungs off today...

with all our key players healthy again...we will be better.. to many injury´s atm with Ings, Henderson, Firmino, Benteke, Gomez, Rossiter...

Fairly happy with the result today considering the injuries we're dealing with at the moment. Not a bad performance, could have scored, could have conceded.

Funny to think what the reaction from a lot of fans would have been to 0-0 if Rodgers was still in charge.

On another note I was saddened to hear of the death of Everton legend Howard Kendall, a proper old football man, their best ever manager and a lot of my early derby day memories involve him. Sad to hear that today.

0-0 but we played as a team, without key players and after one week with new manager... 0-0 with Rodgers would be same result, but what we saw on pitch today is totally different to what we played before... i was happy with the way we played, finally solid in back and midfield, with some flaws obviously, but it will improve imo.

0-0 but we played as a team, without key players and after one week with new manager... 0-0 with Rodgers would be same result, but what we saw on pitch today is totally different to what we played before... i was happy with the way we played, finally solid in back and midfield, with some flaws obviously, but it will improve imo.

Like the way we played against Everton then. Attacked well in the first half without really threatening too much and defensively ok apart from the odd mistake. My point being that if this exact game (performance and result) had happened with Rodgers in charge he would have been slaughtered because we didn't win 4-0.

Fairly happy with the result today considering the injuries we're dealing with at the moment. Not a bad performance, could have scored, could have conceded.

Funny to think what the reaction from a lot of fans would have been to 0-0 if Rodgers was still in charge.

On another note I was saddened to hear of the death of Everton legend Howard Kendall, a proper old football man, their best ever manager and a lot of my early derby day memories involve him. Sad to hear that today.

Class reaction about Kendall, respect.

Today both teams could have won.
I'm glad Klopp gave Origi a chance. Still think he went too early to a huge club, but from the 3 Belgian forwards he's undeniably the one with most class.

Like the way we played against Everton then. Attacked well in the first half without really threatening too much and defensively ok apart from the odd mistake. My point being that if this exact game (performance and result) had happened with Rodgers in charge he would have been slaughtered because we didn't win 4-0.

you mean the manager who was here his 4th year and who still didn´t know how to use his players...? Now i don´t know if you want to highlight the fact that Rodgers didn´t deserved to be sacked, or you are unfair to Klopp who had few trainings with his team ahead of the match and 5-6 players injured...

Pipa, you are not the most realistic Liverpool fan of the bunch.

I'm sure you posted similar posts after the first matches of Dalglish and Rodgers too.

What UJ is trying to say is that things aren't as black and white as you want them to be. Life is different shades of grey and there is no absolute truth or good or bad.

Rodgers never was as good as you thought he was after that fantastic season. He isn't as bad a manager as you now think he is. And above all, Klopp is not the Messiah.

Back
Top Bottom