Liverpool Thread

Rodgers had to go in the end, but i still think he is a good manager.
Two seasons ago, we saw the best Liverpool team in the EPL era. Don't forget that.
They ended second with better football than under Benitez.

I wonder if Klopp isn't inclined to refuse in order to manage Bayern next season...with Bayern he has potential CL winners. With Liverpool he will have to build.

But for a man with the intensity of Klopp, Liverpool is an ideal match...

For fans who are thinking short term hope for Ancelloti. If you don't mind a couple of seasons with silverware, then Klopp is the ideal man.

I'm still hoping we get Klopp when LVG fails miserably this year. Really think a 'Klopp-type' manager could transform United's existing squad into a really good team.

I couldn't see Klopp at Arsenal ... His voice when angered , would leave the place abandon. The Emirates -board- employees gone hiding, just fans walking bewilder -_-. Ancelotti loves London and has that classical setting w/ the know how to get Silverware mentally. He see Wenger as a man that build a Holiday Empire . My parents have a huge house sitting on 2 acres of land ... Doing nothing but counting the days on earth. I'm on the 5th year plan the stuff I would do to make the most of it. The 20 acres of land they have I would set up a hole to China of dirt/clay natural resources, sell it to the county for highway pavement or freeway building. I use those fund for CL finals , Emirates and Bernabéu . As you can tell I thought it through ,all my kids felt the need to go to the university and force me to pay their pre- careers. Sry for ranting-_-

Anyhow. Klopp at Mutd ... Is abit too much of an ask. The bundesliga is a different animal in a different environment . He fits perfect in Liverpool , the fans alone is the closest to BVB setting. I think Liverpool has the best chant w/ the atmosphere that Klopp will love. Liverpool hasn't won anything so getting into top 4 will actually be a trophy for them. I think Liverpool fans have been humbled enough , not to take things for granted. Plus, Ancelotti is not going there and there's hope for Arsenal... Mutd can get Pep and Tati-kaka futbol.

This is the most exciting Managerial appointment since Rafa Benitez in 2004....
We're getting one of the top European managers of the last 5 years.

Ever since Rafa left, we've been short-changed with Hodgson (joke), Dalglish (sentimental choice), Rodgers (young hyped coach).....and all three were not worthy successors to Rafa Benitez.

So now we have finally got a top coach in Klopp...

Ferguson was saying how they tried to get Guardiola or Ancelotti or Mourinho or Klopp, but none of them were available and then settled on Moyes, and now Van Gaal.

I'm glad that FSG has moved now.....before Chelsea/Arsenal make a move...

If we get Klopp, it will be a manager that can possibly go to any top club in Europe - and he's coming to Liverpool ....this will be amazing news !!!

Will be interesting to see the managerial merry-go-round with the other teams in the next 1 year

With all these articles now being written about how the club was managed these three years, it's nice to see that my theory that Rodgers was behind all the disastrous buys and he was forced the good buys was right. Dave Fallows and Michael Edwards know their stuff. Could be a virtuous relationship with Klopp.

The fans will love his passion, but if he doesn't get "results" "quickly", he will loose credit (look at Dalglish, who had an enormous amount of credit).

I put "" around both results and quickly, because both of those are very relative.

It will be very important that the new manager communicates well about his timepad.

An example:

this season the objective could be a good cup run in the FA Cup.
next season competing for atop 4 place
and the season afterwards at least top 4 or better.

I wonder what most fans would think about this timepad.

Considering it, i think it's unrealistic...both Liverpool and Tottenham are very similar clubs (although Liverpool is in a better state than Spurs).

I think most fans of those clubs (Spurs fans more) have no realistic idea about the gap they have to bridge with the top 4 clubs.

Both clubs can aspire a top 4 position if all goes exceptionally well for them (for example having a world class player like Bale or Suarez) and if one of the traditional top 4 clubs has a bad season (and this season it could well be possible considering how Chelsea are doing, but that would be a one off).

IMO Klopp should get at least 5 seasons before Liverpool can compete for the title.

I hope things go faster, because i've always had a soft spot for Liverpool (i had hoped that Kevin would have gone to Liverpool) and this despite being a Spurs fan.

A real football fan can only like Liverpool.

image.php

^^^^^^^^ Love this gif.

FD

i believe it when i see it, but it is very exciting to be linked so much with Klopp.. i think he is motivated by the job rather than money only...

as a former player he surely knows the history of this club and that is only good..

as for the results, obviously he needs to fix us, but i am willing to give him as much time as he needs... months, years... i think we will be in good hands with him.

I'm of the opinion managers/coaches are exited by the 'challenge' a club can offer them.
Therefore, Liverpool will always be able to attract quite big name managers.

Players are 'excited' by wages, higher probability of trophies, then WAY down the list of priorities... the 'challenge'

Doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion.

i believe it when i see it, but it is very exciting to be linked so much with Klopp.. i think he is motivated by the job rather than money only...

as a former player he surely knows the history of this club and that is only good..

as for the results, obviously he needs to fix us, but i am willing to give him as much time as he needs... months, years... i think we will be in good hands with him.

Doubt that!

I don't think anyone is expecting him to win the League this season, all they want to see is a team that has some passion and playing better than what they're doing....Rodgers seemed clueless for the last 5 months.

Klopp will bring a lot of motivation, passion and better technical coaching - to bring the best out of these players.

People want to see progress.....I don't think it makes sense giving targets like FA cup + top-4.....I think there should be marked progress from last year...and I think there will be

Well he'll have over 30 plus games. That is better ,what others get. It was smart to relieve Brendon so early while Chelsea is in a disarray . I hope things work themselves out for Liverpool just stay in your lane when it comes to The mighty Arsenal...stay in your lane! :LOL:

actually no, i did wait two hours in the morning, but i just came home and this came up :D first in germany sky sports and now in uk as well...

Dammit, I can't not like Klopp. I can't like Liverpool. What the hell do I do now...

I think United are going to hugely regret not trying to get Jurgen. Talk about a 'brand' improving appointment.

Why can't you like Liverpool?
Is it because this supposed rivalry?

Come on Beach, break free...

Liverpool are a marvelous club.

I envy my son.
He loves players instead of teams.

He supported Barcelona for Eto'o and later supported Inter.
He loves Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva, so he likes Manchester City. The day De Bruyne moves to United, he'll "support" United...
Most fans don't like this, but it's more logical than being "loyal" to one club.
Imagine Murinho being United's manager and Costa being their CF.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Loyal to a club is feeling part of it ,doesn't matter how far or near you are. Your son gerd are like most American kids love the team but admire other player's abilities. Nothing wrong w/ that... I'd love to change wife w/ a 20yrs old , but My wife and I been through so much I couldn't leave her. I do look and have moments of admiration for other women. I couldn't leave Arsensl and I tried too! I feel hope has always held my hand. My sons are 20 & 18 , one supported Liverpool since he was 8 yrs old(Gerrard). He likes RM because of fat Ronaldo ...he still support them too. My 18 yr like Arsenal to please me lol (He's The good son)

Back
Top Bottom